Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K Swap for $5k Parts List

***How to complete your K Swap (200hp) with roughly $5k***

- Motor: $1,000.. JDM K24 you can find shipped for even a little less, USDM K20A2/Z1/Z3 are still priced higher and hard to find with low miles. I got my K20A2 with 66k miles for $1k.

- Transmission: $750.. Any of the 6 speeds transmissions you can get for this or less, I got an LSD trans for $750 so possible.

- Axles: $400.. This is the price for Hasport axles. However, to shave a few hundred there are a few different OEM combinations you can use. May have to swap outer boots, etc.

- Mounts: $400.. Hasport if using Accord/TSX/9th Gen SI... Innovative if using RSX/8th Gen SI transmission.

- Harness: $750.. You can definitely go cheaper here, however finding a Type S harness in good shape can be a hassle. I went with a full custom engine harness with the conversion and charge harnesses built in. If you go with Type S and conversion harness, roughly $450.

- Shift Box & Cables: $200.. This is mostly dependent on which transmission you use but parts can usually be changed around to work either way.

- KPro V4 w/PRB (02-04 Type S) ECU: $850.. A few other ECU models are compatible with KPro also. Check the Hondata website for the actual model numbers.

- Header: $250.. There are only two headers that I know of that will work without having to cut your rear cross member. K Tuned budget swap header or Skunk2 Alpha Header.

- Halfshaft: $100.. Any 6 speed should do, Type S seems to work best with different axle combinations.

- Fuel Setup: $300.. Fuel lines for K swap, fuel pressure regulator, fuel pump and fuel rail if needed.

So there you have it, total of $5,000 if you are completing the install yourself. As noted, you may be able to shave a few hundred here and there but always plan for the unexpected also. Hope this helps! I’m always open to questions also.
Working...
X