Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

omfg wtf!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my brakes sucked ass for a long time. if they were shitty wouldn't you want to NOT drive it? i recently got mine fixed and all is well. If you were in a shop class, why didnt you put your car on a lift and check the brakes out and find out why the ABS didnt work?
    COUPE K24

Comment

pics or gtfo

Comment

Originally posted by DaddyO View Post
        This is why I believe you shouldn't be allowed to get your license until you're atleast 18 and pass a defensive driving course.
        I dont agree with your statement about having to be 18, just because there are stupid teenagers out there driving doesnt mean everyone is. why ruin it for the kids that are good drivers? But i do again with the driving course, i think it would beneifit alot of people if every new driver had to take this under 18 or even over 18 cause i know alot of older people that cant drive.

Comment

I agree. Everyone says kids are lousy drivers, but I see more middle-aged people driving like morons than kids.

I think it should be more difficult to get a license, and there should be renewal tests.

Comment

i got into a customers car last week to pull it into my bay, and the old lady had braile lables on EVERYTHING, because she was so old and blind, she couldnt see which buttons were which....

THAT is scary.

Comment

Wow... if you're too blind to see the buttons inside your car, how the hell can you see the things OUTSIDE your car! Children darting across the street don't have braille labels on them!

Comment

well op that sucks but like everyone said it could have been avoided

i have delivered pizza for going on 4 years now and have never been in an accident, and in the four years one of my accords master cylinder decided to go to shit and it was brakes locked up or almost no braking.

just try to be more safe and know what you car can do and can not do, as well with expecting other drivers to do these stupid things.

i have noticed that you can watch a persons head and sort off figure out what there next movement may or may not be(not always but it does help)

and to daddy o's statement about being a professional driver i am one of those too
                my profession it to drive pizza's to people so technically i am a professional driver
                ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

Same here. I drive about 80,000 miles a year. Cities, mountains, highways, dirt roads... rain, snow, fog...

I am constantly aware of my car's condition. I know my brakes are old, and my rotors are slightly warped (I have new parts ready to go on... just have to get my jackstands back from my friend!) I also know that my tires are approaching the end of their useful life. Because of these things, I keep a safe distance from the person in front of me. I am aware of what they are doing, as well as the 5 cars in front of them. I can tell when someone is going to change a lane without a signal, just by the way they move. I'm ready for it when it happens. When something catches me off guard, which is rarely, I'm prepared to respond.

I know what my car is doing by feel and sound. I know where I am in the RPM range at all times, knowing where I need to be in case I need to floor it in the powerband, or use the engine to assist with braking. I understand weight transfer, cornering line, balance... I've had to push the car to its limits from time to time in order to escape a tough situation.

I know my car's limits. I know MY limits. I drive far beneath the limits of both, because a stupid unexpected action by another driver can quickly push both car and driver to the limit.
                  I learned these things on my own, both through experience and reading.
                  I believe all drivers SHOULD learn these things. When you're in a car, your connection that machine, and your ability to make it do what you need it to do, is all you have at your disposal to prevent or survive a collision.

Comment

Maybe you should stop tailgaiting?

Comment

nice imput bro

Comment

Originally posted by quaidum View Post
                        to daddy o's statement about being a professional driver i am one of those too
                        my profession it to drive pizza's to people so technically i am a professional driver
                        Originally posted by Tippey764
                        You're such a dumbass, the world ends on saturday...

Comment

Slow down, keep your distance (even when stopped!), and pay attention to traffic signals. I was your age once, and learned my lessons.
                          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                            (even when stopped!)
                            Agreed there! I HATE when people get on my ass when I'm stopped on a hill! Someday, I'm gonna roll back into someone because they're too close.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              Agreed there! I HATE when people get on my ass when I'm stopped on a hill! Someday, I'm gonna roll back into someone because they're too close.
                              haha i sit back a bit just for that reason.

and OP sorry to hear about the car situation, it sucks, but always could have been worse.

the daily: 2001 VW golf 2.0 (tom01golf on local and vw forums)
                              the project: f22a1 400-450whp (build thread to come when things start picking up)

Comment

Originally posted by 92smokeaccord View Post
                                stop tying to be mister speed demon and SLOW THE FUCK DOWN man damn.i under stand its a honda and its cool to drivefast in a 20 year old car in high school.learn hoe to let people in and stay away from people........wow i should take my own advice some times....well i am sorry that u have to junk u car.but u will find somthing in better shape someday. weather it be a cb or other wise.
                                oh man this guy... take your own advice like you said LOL shit is scary (but fun) driving with you.

as for the topic of getting your license, i don't think the age should be raised, i just think the lessons should be more in depth. 8 hours behind the wheel isn't enough at all for most teenagers. i've been driving for 4 years because my dad wanted to make sure i was a great driver before i got my permit/car. at 17, i haven't been in a major accident and the same can;t be said for other teens, middle aged people, or the elderly... especially the elderly.

to the OP, may this be a lesson to you, just know your limits. you want to drive fast? know when and where. tailing people is never a good idea and always keep your distance from drivers who don't look like they should be behind the wheel.

Comment

Working...
                                X