Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Ratchet Extension In Transmission Drain Plug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ratchet Extension In Transmission Drain Plug

Today I was doing some maintenance on my 1993 Honda Accord 10th Anniversary Edition. I did a new valve cover gasket, spark plug seals, spark plugs, spark plug wires, valve adjustment, oil change, oil filter, and wanted to do a transmission drain and refill. I got everything done, but when I did the transmission drain plug, my ratchet extension broke off inside of the hole. Has this happened to anyone before? If so how did you fix it? I also want to know if anyone has ever used magnetic drain plugs for their engine oil and transmission. They say what it does is it makes tiny metal particles from normal use of the engine to attract and stick to the drain plug.

You may have to drill and tap the broken piece to extract it. You could try a small screw driver and see if you can pry it out, it should be that wedged in there.

Comment

Go to autozone or advanced auto or whatever you have there and get the magnetic pole tool they have. It's like a automatic antenna, you just extend it and reach down in there and it should grab onto it and pull it out. It's only a few bucks if that. Worth a shot 8)

Looks like this.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...d=370788520615
      Last edited by Dy2*STR33T-KING; 08-24-2013, 04:04 AM.
      I wake up in the morning and piss excellence!

Comment

Working...
      X