CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > 4th Gen-eral > Off Topic

Old 07-29-2020, 08:53 AM   #1
Ralphie
Stalker

Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed.
Can we talk about the new Lamborghini SCV12

So I know its kind of pointless to discuss since this car is not even road legal, and in order to own it, you have to allow Lamborghini to store it at their HQ and to drive it, they will ship it to race tracks only.

By estimates of prev special editions, itll be north of 2mil so probably unlikely any of us will ever even see one in the flesh....

but FUCK is that shit sexy as hell.....

and NA PLUS RWD!!!

Thats what the fuck im talking about.

Discuss.

Ralphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 12:48 PM   #2
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

Grumpys93 seems to have made some friends!
If I had to chose between that and the La Ferrari I think I would still go for the La Ferrari. But that’s because I dream to own a Ferrari one day and am biased to the brand.

That does look badass though. That steering wheel is some next level stuff. I can tell it obviously got its inspiration from F1.
FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93
Grumpys93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 01:00 PM   #3
Straight Success
Contributing Member

Straight Success is someone to admire Straight Success is someone to admire Straight Success is someone to admire
Ummmmm... This post will be edited when I finish gathering my thoughts. Yeah, I have some words of experssion to share about that, thingggg!

Edit:

Okay. Here are my thoughts.

It's 2020. Soon, the world will be overrun by electric cars, trucks, and electric-super cars, so I understand the need for such atrocities during these tumultuously changing times. Oops, wrong choice in word selection. I meant extreme creations such as this. It's targeted to a very small percent of afforders who are represented by who knows who!

As a person with a background in automotive design and engineering, I love the creativity, engineering, and design WOW factor that comes along with this. The normal me (whatever is deemed normal these days) says ehhhh - it's just another fancy thingamajig to move many people's lust meter. Would I take it out for a few laps around the track? You damn right I would. That'll be a great story to share while drinking a beer and bowling or playing billiards or at a cookout. ***Footnote - I very rarely drink, but this story would be one of the exceptions.

Now, would I buy it? That's a different story, and the answer is, NO. Even if I'm able to afford it, I... I'll detour that thought right here. If I was to drop that type of money, it'll be on something not as, hmmm, I can't find the word I'm looking for. ...searching...searching...searching... as superfluous... If I were to ever go super extreme, it would probably be a rarity. However, it would be in the form of a rear wheel drive, twin-turbo 2.9L V8, with a five-speed all synchromesh gearbox, artfully designed by a company who was founded by Battista Farina, and feel very mechanical and connected to the road in nature.

All this extra technology, which I am well versed in understanding this being the standard of the future, takes all the fun out of it. That's why I will have at least two monsters in my garage with limited to no computers controlling them. In my collection, however, there will be a few vehicles heavy on the tech side such as a, oh IDK, just for sh!ts and giggles, maybe a modern day NC1, or a J29/DB, or a C7.R, or... I think Cam'ron had a song titled Daydreaming.

"...they did the bowties, I did the ascots, as much as I have, I'm still reppin' the have nots..."

- So Raspy

Last edited by Straight Success; 07-31-2020 at 07:21 AM.
Straight Success is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 04:21 PM   #4
Raf99
Gold Member

Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
This is making me miss the old UK top gear guys. I'd love to see Jeremy review this, even on Grand Tour. But once we get into "track only" cars, well the sky is the limit. Looks awesome, but the first pic the wheel base looks too short...
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 10:08 AM   #5
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

CyborgGT seems to have made some friends!
Personally, I'm glad for Chris Harris. TG finally got a real driver. But as I fell off following supercars years ago, this is the first I've heard of this car and I have zero interest in it - even if I had the money. Supercars, for the most part, just don't do it for me. And this thing's ugly inside and out, imo. There are only two 'supercars' that get me excited enough to dream of owning (I'm a fan of others, but that I could actually see myself in), the 430 Scuderia and the '05-'06 Ford GT. Otherwise, I'm a cheap date.

Project CB9 AeroR start-up: //////////
MRT | Engine build | Daily RSX
CyborgGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 06:31 PM   #6
Straight Success
Contributing Member

Straight Success is someone to admire Straight Success is someone to admire Straight Success is someone to admire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Success View Post
See post #3 for my response.

Oops. I misspelled tumultuously... It happens.

"...they did the bowties, I did the ascots, as much as I have, I'm still reppin' the have nots..."

- So Raspy

Last edited by Straight Success; 07-31-2020 at 07:22 AM.
Old 07-30-2020, 07:48 PM   #7
AccordWarrior
Guy Smiley

AccordWarrior is very helpful AccordWarrior is very helpful AccordWarrior is very helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyborgGT View Post
Personally, I'm glad for Chris Harris. TG finally got a real driver. But as I fell off following supercars years ago, this is the first I've heard of this car and I have zero interest in it - even if I had the money. Supercars, for the most part, just don't do it for me. And this thing's ugly inside and out, imo. There are only two 'supercars' that get me excited enough to dream of owning (I'm a fan of others, but that I could actually see myself in), the 430 Scuderia and the '05-'06 Ford GT. Otherwise, I'm a cheap date.
I'm with you. Another supercar, *yawn*.

I understand they're engineering marvels, but we are at the point where it's not cars that are 1-2 seconds faster to 60, we're looking in the 10ths, if that. Aerodynamics are what they are, so cars are all starting to look more and more similar. Is it a McLaren Number Soup, or a Lamorghini? Maybe it's a Ferrari, or a NSX, or even a C8. All the designs are evolutions on each other.

I'm showing my age, but when I was a kid supercars looked like nothing else on the road. I grew up with posters of the Countach, Diablo and Testarossa on my wall.

In 1985 this was a Toyota Camry

In 1985 this was a Lamborghini Countach

They're not even on the same page. The Countach looks like nothing else on the road at the time with the wing, the doors, etc. The Camry offered 92 horsepower and per Motor Trend a 12.69 second time to 60 and a 19.25 second quarter mile @ 73 mph.

The Countach per a 1983 Car and Driver Road Test does the 60 sprint in 5.4 seconds and the quarter in 13.5 seconds @ 107 mph.

In 2020 this is your Camry.

0-60 in 5.4 seconds, quarter in 14.4 @ 100 mph.

This is your Huracan

Sure, it's a 2.5 second to 60 car that does 10.4 in the quarter, but the thing is the amount of cars that do mid-low 11's to high 10s in the quarter is increasing daily. The cars that would do a 13 second quarter in 1985 was very, very rare, for only the upper echelon cars.

The Camry and other cars have gotten so aggressive looking that the Lamborghini has lost it's OMG outrageous look it once had. My BIL bought a Corolla this past weekend and I was commenting I'd have killed for the bumpers it has on the base model on my Accord back in 2002.

I'm much more interested in the cheaper end of the market these days. Give me a well balanced targa topped coupe and I'm super interested.
AccordWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 12:12 AM   #8
owequitit
CB7tuner Member

owequitit is very helpful owequitit is very helpful owequitit is very helpful
Send a message via AIM to owequitit
Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordWarrior View Post
I'm with you. Another supercar, *yawn*.

I understand they're engineering marvels, but we are at the point where it's not cars that are 1-2 seconds faster to 60, we're looking in the 10ths, if that. Aerodynamics are what they are, so cars are all starting to look more and more similar. Is it a McLaren Number Soup, or a Lamorghini? Maybe it's a Ferrari, or a NSX, or even a C8. All the designs are evolutions on each other.

I'm showing my age, but when I was a kid supercars looked like nothing else on the road. I grew up with posters of the Countach, Diablo and Testarossa on my wall.

In 1985 this was a Toyota Camry

In 1985 this was a Lamborghini Countach

They're not even on the same page. The Countach looks like nothing else on the road at the time with the wing, the doors, etc. The Camry offered 92 horsepower and per Motor Trend a 12.69 second time to 60 and a 19.25 second quarter mile @ 73 mph.

The Countach per a 1983 Car and Driver Road Test does the 60 sprint in 5.4 seconds and the quarter in 13.5 seconds @ 107 mph.

In 2020 this is your Camry.

0-60 in 5.4 seconds, quarter in 14.4 @ 100 mph.

This is your Huracan

Sure, it's a 2.5 second to 60 car that does 10.4 in the quarter, but the thing is the amount of cars that do mid-low 11's to high 10s in the quarter is increasing daily. The cars that would do a 13 second quarter in 1985 was very, very rare, for only the upper echelon cars.

The Camry and other cars have gotten so aggressive looking that the Lamborghini has lost it's OMG outrageous look it once had. My BIL bought a Corolla this past weekend and I was commenting I'd have killed for the bumpers it has on the base model on my Accord back in 2002.

I'm much more interested in the cheaper end of the market these days. Give me a well balanced targa topped coupe and I'm super interested.
I'm kind of on the same page honestly.

I often think about how you can buy an average family sedan today that will outrun that Countach and then I think about the yonks driving them... Hell the new M340i can run high 3's to low 4's and pull mid to low 12's in the 1/4! A non-M 3 Series that is similar to hyper cars from not long ago. Crazy.

The only "sports" car I really lust after right now is a 911 GT3 Touring and it isn't because of the speed.

That said, I am a fan of the saying, "if you want to go fast, buy an airplane."
owequitit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 12:29 PM   #9
Ralphie
Stalker

Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed.
You guys make good points. Honestly, look at the new Sentra-

Most modern cars are pretty good looking with some exceptions and most of the higher trim cars can outrun those older "supercars".

Ive been keeping my eye out for a late 80's 944 just for the driving experience. Its well known that it isnt fast, barely in its time, but it is more about the experience.

I just thought this Lambo looked sick.

And I liked that they kept it RWD as opposed to AWD.
Ralphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 11:27 PM   #10
owequitit
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralphie View Post
You guys make good points. Honestly, look at the new Sentra-

Most modern cars are pretty good looking with some exceptions and most of the higher trim cars can outrun those older "supercars".

Ive been keeping my eye out for a late 80's 944 just for the driving experience. Its well known that it isnt fast, barely in its time, but it is more about the experience.

I just thought this Lambo looked sick.

And I liked that they kept it RWD as opposed to AWD.
I mean, it's definitely OK to like it. Lambos have been sexy for awhile now and I have always loved Ferraris. It has just gotten to the point where this stuff is SOOOO fast, you literally can't even open it for even 10 seconds without being in violation of every speed limit in the country. At that point, what IS the point?
Old 08-06-2020, 01:12 AM   #11
Straight Success
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by owequitit View Post
I mean, it's definitely OK to like it. Lambos have been sexy for awhile now and I have always loved Ferraris. It has just gotten to the point where this stuff is SOOOO fast, you literally can't even open it for even 10 seconds without being in violation of every speed limit in the country. At that point, what IS the point?
The track.

Places like COTA/Thunderhill/Road Atlanta/Summit Point (Full)/NJMP Lightning/Pitt/Barber/etc., a person can probably pluck a good 140 mph. The turns are where things really come to life. COTA and the tracks with longer straights like Talladega, one can probably squeeze a good 180 mph in and then be heavy on the brakes.

- So Raspy

Old 08-07-2020, 01:02 AM   #12
owequitit
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
The track.

Places like COTA/Thunderhill/Road Atlanta/Summit Point (Full)/NJMP Lightning/Pitt/Barber/etc., a person can probably pluck a good 140 mph. The turns are where things really come to life. COTA and the tracks with longer straights like Talladega, one can probably squeeze a good 180 mph in and then be heavy on the brakes.
The majority of these types cars spend very little time on the track.

And if it is the track, there are better options IMO.

I guess this particular one will spend time on the track because that is the only place Lamborghini will even let you drive it.

So like I said, what's the point?

I'd rather spend that sort of money on something like a Super Decathalon or Extra 300. Maybe even an Edge 540.
Old 08-07-2020, 01:29 AM   #13
Straight Success
Contributing Member

Everyone will always have their own preference and outlook when it comes to money and items of this nature.

Have you personally ever been to the track, or done an entire trackday, with something like this car or similar in nature?

Believe it or not, many people who own toys like this actually do frequent the track. Working at Ferrari, I got to see which customers bought cars as garage show off queens, which ones purchased for the look at me/chick magnet/screaming I’m rich type, and the ones who were car enthusiasts with goals of pushing them to their limits on the track.

Slide to a local track day near you, and look at some of the sh!t that’s out there. Then ask the owner of the org hosting the day if he filled every slot.

You have a solid logical answer to your question.

- So Raspy

Last edited by Straight Success; 08-07-2020 at 01:33 AM.
Old Yesterday, 02:27 PM   #14
owequitit
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Everyone will always have their own preference and outlook when it comes to money and items of this nature.

Have you personally ever been to the track, or done an entire trackday, with something like this car or similar in nature?

Believe it or not, many people who own toys like this actually do frequent the track. Working at Ferrari, I got to see which customers bought cars as garage show off queens, which ones purchased for the look at me/chick magnet/screaming Iím rich type, and the ones who were car enthusiasts with goals of pushing them to their limits on the track.

Slide to a local track day near you, and look at some of the sh!t thatís out there. Then ask the owner of the org hosting the day if he filled every slot.

You have a solid logical answer to your question.
I didn't ask a question. I made a statement.

And you're right, different strokes for different folks. As for track days, yes, I have. I also have quite a bit of friends that race regularly and I have absolutely nothing against it. That said, rather than saying "track days suck" which is apparently your completely incorrect interpretation of what I said, what I actually said was "for a track day I can think of better options." If someone else wants to buy a Lambo and have it transported to a track, more power to them.

There are other things that appeal to me more and I was very clear about that.

Nothing against track days or people who go there. I simply have things I would rather buy for the money I would spend on this Lambo.
Old Yesterday, 03:38 PM   #15
Straight Success
Contributing Member

Quote:
...At that point, what IS the point?
Quote:

So like I said, what's the point?

Quote:
I didn't ask a question. I made a statement.

And you're right, different strokes for different folks. As for track days, yes, I have. I also have quite a bit of friends that race regularly and I have absolutely nothing against it. That said, rather than saying "track days suck" which is apparently your completely incorrect interpretation of what I said, what I actually said was "for a track day I can think of better options." If someone else wants to buy a Lambo and have it transported to a track, more power to them.

There are other things that appeal to me more and I was very clear about that.

Nothing against track days or people who go there. I simply have things I would rather buy for the money I would spend on this Lambo.
Actually, you asked the same question twice, but that's irrelevant now.

As far as a 'completely incorrect interpretation,' that's you assuming. And, you assumed wrong.

- So Raspy

Old Today, 01:47 AM   #16
owequitit
CB7tuner Member

Quote:

As far as a 'completely incorrect interpretation,' that's you assuming. And, you assumed wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by straight success

As far as a 'completely incorrect interpretation,' that's you assuming. And, you assumed wrong. Well, we know what happens next.

EDIT: ...and, I know you have some smarts, but just for sh!ts and giggles, this '?' thing right here is a question mark. It denotes a question. Sometimes they can be rhetorical, but it's still a question. Glad I could assist.
Don't go deleting your snide ass comments now tough guy. Let people see your true colors.

I would expect a published author such as yourself (and like myself) to know the difference between a question and a rhetorical question, where this '?' thing right here was added for effect and not actually to denote a question that was seeking an answer. That is what makes it "rhetorical."

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/rhetorical-question

rhetorical question[ ri-tawr-i-kuhl kwes-chuhn, -tor- ]

noun Rhetoric.

a question asked solely to produce an effect or to make an assertion of affirmation or denial and not to elicit a reply, as “Has there ever been a more perfect day for a picnic?” or “Are you out of your mind?”

So I will say it again. I wasn't actually asking a question. I was making a statement.

If someone else wants to spend money on a Lambo and have it transported from track to track for them so that they can do what they want with it, more power to them. I have a lot of other things I would rather spend my money on.

The rest of my statement was in relation to the "meh" comments about modern supercars where you can't even open them up for more than 10 seconds before you have nearly doubled any legal speed limit in the country. It goes back to the old saying that it is more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow. Take the chains off the beast so to speak.

Last edited by owequitit; Today at 02:03 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: