Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cb9 5 stud swap - don't flame already researched!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes nice to do some digging in the subject. Thanks Jarrett. What caliper and bracket should I use with the integra type r rotor? Prelude rear caliper and bracker should bolt up? Or will I need 90-'97 Accord, '97-'99 CL, '92-'94 Vigor or '92-'94 Vigor caliper to work with the integra type r rotor and prelude hub. This is the final piece to the puzzle for me thanks.

Comment

Also thank goodness for not needing the hard lines all the way to the front ....

Comment

I know that it means having to loot an extra car, but I would get the rear calipers and brackets from a '92-'93 (or a '91 SE if you can find it). The attached emergency brake cables are the ones that are the correct length for your chassis.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
          I know that it means having to loot an extra car, but I would get the rear calipers and brackets from a '92-'93 (or a '91 SE if you can find it). The attached emergency brake cables are the ones that are the correct length for your chassis.
          I'd recommend finding a '92-'93 Wagon EX, since the E-brake cables are a tad longer. The calipers also have a larger piston, measuring in at 38mm instead of 34mm, which is meant to help deal with the extra rear weight. They still use the same pads, brackets, and rotors, so they're compatible with the stock 4-lug setup as well as the 5-lug swap.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
            The rear wagon knuckles have a spindle shaft that is too great in diameter for use with the '97-'01 Prelude rear hub/bearing. You would need to swap rear knuckles with a rear knuckle from a coupe/sedan. However, since the wagon adopted the later standard for control arm spacing, you would need the rear knuckle from a '94-'97 coupe/sedan. As you are trying to retain the rear disc setup, these knuckles would have to be rear-disc compatible as well.
            Looking at part numbers (sedan, wagon), would using coupe/sedan rear arms on a wagon solve the alignment issue and allow you to stick with CB parts, using the coupe/sedan knuckles? Trailing arms are the same, but the other three aren't. I have FFC LCAs and toe arms sitting in wait for my wagon; I assume they were designed for coupe/sedan use. I'm just trying to keep the number of cars I collect parts from to a minimum.

So, rear:
            - CB coupe/sedan knuckles, LCA+toe+upper arms
            - BB6 hubs+bearings+nut
            - DC2R discs
            - If I were to end up in an LX wagon with drums, EX wagon brake calipers+hardware, as willbill was explaining in the last post, would be a slight upgrade in pad performance over the coupe/sedan brakes, correct? Has anyone even found a factory 'big brake upgrade' for the rear yet, to balance out the RL/TL-S calipers for the front? I might have to do some of my own experimenting there, with post-2000 Accord and Acura parts. That's a whole 'nother thread, though.
            Last edited by CyborgGT; 08-12-2019, 06:35 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

When I say spacing, I'm referring to how far apart the L toe arm and L lower control arm are from each other. Same for the right side. I'm not talking about control arm length. The wagon control arms already are the same length as the coupe and sedan.

So the '94-'97 Accord EX coupe/sedan models are still the only way to retain the control arm spacing the wagon rear subframe has, while providing a spindle shaft of necessary dimension for the Prelude hub.
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I must just be mis-remembering from when I was helping someone out on here with wagon parts; I thought the wagon's arms were longer. Thanks.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
                X