Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Shaved emblems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shaved emblems?

I know I read some sort of DIY or thread on shaved emblems and filling in the holes, but I cannot find it anymore. How would I go about doing this? I remember something about bondo but it wasn't easy. Also, my emblem was stolen not too long ago and it left some of the crud from the emblem still on there, I'm guessing that it's just some sort of glue but it definitely doesn't come off with just water. How do I take that stuff off, I also shaved my "LX" and it left a huge square. Thanks.

Personally I'd just have it patched professionally (of course easy for me to say since I kinda have a hook up.) I'm not aware of how to fill holes or do anything with bondo and I've read mixed feelings towards it.

If you decide you don't want it patched by a body person and don't wanna try to fill it with bondo then you can go a hardware store and get hole plugs to stick in there. As far as the couple examples I saw on this site, they're small enough to where it doesn't stand out that much and it keeps water from entering.

The Facebook group

Comment

It's old double stick tape. Try brake fluid or lighter fluid on a rag. Should help the residue come off.

If you wanted to bondo the holes up you would have to sand down to metal. Mix the filler apply it, let it dry, sand it down, and re paint.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
      It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

bondo is for surface "glazing"
        fiberglass chop aka tiger hair is for structural filling.

filling the holes with bondo only..the plugs will fall out,shrink crack..look like crap.

Or find someone with 10 mins to spare and a welder, grind prep paint.

Comment

u can use panel bond or epoxy without having to grind the paint off then just sand smooth and use some scratch paint

Comment

I shaved my emblems when I first got my cb7 and regret it big time now, with that being said, what you need is a heat gun to pull the emblems free with along with maybe some floss/fishing wire. Don't be impatient with the glue like I was and use any scraper you can find. If you can order a rubber disc/eraser wheel to fully remove the glue without harming the paint. As for filling the hole PROPERLY you'd have to weld plug holes and then paint that part again.... Lame I know but that's nice, not rice... Which with holes on my trunk I'm not happy with I wish I had taken that advice..

Comment

Originally posted by Quashish View Post
              It's old double stick tape. Try brake fluid or lighter fluid on a rag. Should help the residue come off.

If you wanted to bondo the holes up you would have to sand down to metal. Mix the filler apply it, let it dry, sand it down, and re paint.
              All the badges but the H badge on the back are just double-stick tape.

You never want to patch a hole with bondo, as it shrinks and expands in varying temps differently than the surrounding metal and will eventually crack. You need to grind it down to metal, weld it, grind it smooth, then fill and paint.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
              Originally posted by Stephen Fry
              'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
              Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Working...
              X