Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Automatic Transmission Removed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic Transmission Removed

With the transmission slipping gears and all the troubleshooting I have done, I decided to pull it.

I have this transmission and I am in no hurry to reinstall so I want to take this challenge and make this my first attempt to rebuild a transmission. My 1st step was to buy a 1990 Accord Service Manual, This manual is amazing! You can buy here 2nd step I want to buy a rebuild kit, but that is where I am unsure of, I want to make sure I have everything I need to rebuild from the ground up. I know I should avoid ebay kits as they throw in some cheap parts, but here are my options that I have found, I would love to know your insights, I want to make sure I have all that I would need and I am getting the best deal possible. This is to simply challenge myself and try with a transmission I already own.

Here are some pics of when I dropped the transmission

Major props to you for even attempting this. Most of the people on this site prefer manual transmissions, or just look to replace their transmissions in the even of needing a rebuild, so I don't think you'll find many resources here for providing first-hand helpful tips.

I will say, however, that you're off on the best foot possible by having purchased a factory service manual. Read through the process thoroughly and determine any specialty tools you'll need beforehand. Be ready to take it slow and it's likely you can finish up.

Sorry I couldn't provide anything else other than being a cheerleader.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

These guys have quality parts:

http://www.makcotransmissionparts.com/PX4B.html

I have previously changed an Accord automatic transmission before, if you have any questions or parts you need (I have another one laying around, just grinds very loud when put in reverse), feel free to PM me.

Comment

Big task, but it can be done. Only thing I have to add is keep everything super clean. Near surgical would be ideal. You can do it. Given enough time anything is possible by just about anyone. Your in a good predicament to accomplish the goal.

Comment

I have purchased many parts from rock auto and you can search this site for a 5&#37; off coupon
          ~Nick~
          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
          MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
            Major props to you for even attempting this. Most of the people on this site prefer manual transmissions, or just look to replace their transmissions in the even of needing a rebuild, so I don't think you'll find many resources here for providing first-hand helpful tips.

I will say, however, that you're off on the best foot possible by having purchased a factory service manual. Read through the process thoroughly and determine any specialty tools you'll need beforehand. Be ready to take it slow and it's likely you can finish up.

Sorry I couldn't provide anything else other than being a cheerleader.
            Originally posted by yh61r View Post
            These guys have quality parts:

http://www.makcotransmissionparts.com/PX4B.html

I have previously changed an Accord automatic transmission before, if you have any questions or parts you need (I have another one laying around, just grinds very loud when put in reverse), feel free to PM me.
            Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
            Big task, but it can be done. Only thing I have to add is keep everything super clean. Near surgical would be ideal. You can do it. Given enough time anything is possible by just about anyone. Your in a good predicament to accomplish the goal.
            Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
            I have purchased many parts from rock auto and you can search this site for a 5% off coupon
            Thank you all for the information and cheerleading, lol, it is nice to know that there are people to support you and help you on your way rather than discourage you and miss lead you. I am waiting on a table to put the transmission on that can withstand the weight. Also searching for the specialty tools I need and a bin to put all the parts in with oil. Once I get all that I will be ordering parts and start dismantling.

Comment

Working...
            X