CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Parts & Performance > Suspension

Old 11-28-2017, 06:17 PM   #1
Bunta
CB7tuner Member

Bunta is cool... so far.
Quick question about bushings and oem swaybars

So I'm pretty sure that I'll be getting the Energy suspension master kit this Christmas season and I'll also be filling what doesn't come in the kit with either ES parts or if unavailable some other poly bushing company's parts. So for those that have done oem rear swaybar upgrades AND upgraded your bushings were you able to run aftermarket bushings with the swaybars or are you stuck using oem rubber bushings?
Bunta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 06:30 PM   #2
Rilas
Gold Member

Rilas seems to have made some friends!
I have full ES front bushings and Prothane rear bushings. I also have a ST rear sway bar, none of the bushing interfered with OEM or the ST sway bar.
Old 11-28-2017, 07:15 PM   #3
Bunta
CB7tuner Member

Bunta is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rilas View Post
I have full ES front bushings and Prothane rear bushings. I also have a ST rear sway bar, none of the bushing interfered with OEM or the ST sway bar.
I'm assuming the ST swaybar came with it's own mounts and bushings thought correct? In my mind the bushings are sized for a certain size swaybar so the bushings made for stock swaybars would be a bit tight with a larger diameter swaybar. Am I wrong here?
Old 11-28-2017, 11:11 PM   #4
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
I used a 16mm rear sway bar from a '96-'98 3.2TL for a time and I enlarged the 14mm ES urethane bushings in order to get them to fit. I used a rasp bit in order to make the hole larger, which may not be the most efficient way, but it did the trick.

In all honesty, you could also buy a universal 16mm bushing kit with mounting brackets and mount the OEM rear sway bar like the Progress bar. That requires putting nuts on the other end of your mounting bolts, but it's an option if you don't already have OEM provisions for a sway bar.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:03 PM   #5
Bunta
CB7tuner Member

Bunta is cool... so far.
ok that is good to know. I plan on upgrading all of the bushings but I'm leaning more to using a bigger oem swaybar so I didn't want to lose the ability to upgrade the bushings.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: