Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

H22/H23 hybrid...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22/H23 hybrid...

H22 block with an H23 head. It should have higher compression right? Would the piston to valve clearance be fine if I used the H23 crank. Has any one ever tried this setup? If your going to ask why, I have an extra H22 complete block and a complete H23 that needs new rings. So why not try it!!!!
    Honda-mans best friend!
    who said it was a dog?
    PINOY PRIDE
    OHIO CB7's

Yes, compression would be higher than that of an H22 due to the H23 head having a smaller combustion chamber(50cc vs 53.5cc) You' have to measure the valve clearance to be sure, I think you'll be alright.

With a complete H22 bottom end, you're compression would jump to a tad over 11.1:1. This would essentially make it an non vtec h22, or a high compression and destroked h23. I like non vtec h22 personally, lol. H23 crank/H23 rods/H22 pistons would bump up the compression to 12.4:1.

That would be if you were using JDM H22A pistons(non type s). If you were to use USDM H22 pistons, the compression would drop about .8 of a point from either combo.

Either combo would make for a killer H23 build. Personally, I'd go for the H23 crank/rod combo. I'd use a thicker headgasket to bring the compression to an even 12:1 and you'd also give you more p2v clearance and would also give you room to upgrade to bigger cams in the future.

Do it
    Last edited by d112crzy; 02-09-2009, 12:11 AM.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Cool. This is for my lady's lude! I have jdm h22a pistons. That sounds great about the compression. I think I will go the h23 crank and rods, h22 pistons. With the normal I-H-E mods should be a fun car.
      Honda-mans best friend!
      who said it was a dog?
      PINOY PRIDE
      OHIO CB7's

Comment

Being stock internals, kind of, do you think it would run fine with the stock ecu or should a chipped ecu be in order?
        Honda-mans best friend!
        who said it was a dog?
        PINOY PRIDE
        OHIO CB7's

Comment

A tuned(chipped) ecu would DEFINITELY be in order.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

CORY!!!!! Welcome back brother! Glad to see you're still alive and well out there in z-ville!

Comment

What's happening John! Yeah we're all still doing great! I'll have to post pics of my lady's lude, it's definently girlie lol!!
              Honda-mans best friend!
              who said it was a dog?
              PINOY PRIDE
              OHIO CB7's

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                I like non vtec h22 personally, lol.
                i love you.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I love my non vtec h22. Numbers are in my sig.

L8r
                  Turbo H23a3 build has begun
                  01-01-2019

Comment

Working...
                  X