CB7 Seat Fabric / Upholstery Compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB7 Seat Fabric / Upholstery Compilation

I'm starting this thread for selfish reasons, Honda and Vintage Parts still have some factory seat covers available, but I'm not sure what seat covers I currently have. I wore the original LX driver seat covers down to the backing (never did tear), so somewhere along the way I purchased covers for the driver seat that turned out not to match the passenger seat. I replaced the seat back frame with one that had the lumbar support and installed the new cover. I eventually found a whole passenger seat to match the recovered driver seat. What I need help with is which year and model would this seat upholstery have come in (I know at least that it was 90-93)? My lower cushion covers are starting to turn green and nothing I've done trying to clean them changes that. I'd consider OEM covers if I could find them. I suspect they are from a 90-91 because the hole for the lumbar adjuster seems to be considerably smaller than what might be needed for a seat with an armrest, which I this was standard on 92-93.

Looking at the various OEM Honda parts sites; they typically list two part numbers for the cover for each cushion for each seat. Were the various seat fabrics detailed in any sales literature at the time?

Based on input in later posts: 90-91 EX sedan (2 rectangular panels in seat bottom, 3 in seat back up/over the top)

As a resource for others as well, add pictures of one of your front seats and which year and model and body style (in case they differed) Accord they came in.

92 EX Coupe, gray (4 rectangular panels in seat bottom and back):

93 LX coupe, maroon (these look like the same panel pattern as the EX seat above - I thought EX and LX were different?):

93 LX Wagon, maroon (2 rectangular panels in seat bottom, 3 in seat back but not over the top)
    Last edited by Fleetw00d; 03-07-2018, 12:40 AM.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

I’m pretty sure for all four years there is one pattern for coupe and one for sedans. The top pic you have in the tan color is the sedan pattern and the bottom is obviously coupe. What I’m getting at is the the difference is not in the trim level i.e. EX LX DX, but sedan vs coupe.
    Last edited by NH-503P-3; 02-10-2018, 12:54 AM.
    5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

top pic is definitely 90-91 EX. i'm pretty sure we had a more comprehensive thread years ago, maybe AccordWarrior would remember where it is.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
        I’m pretty sure for all four years there is one pattern for coupe and one for sedans. The top pic you have in the tan color is the sedan pattern and the bottom is obviously coupe. What I’m getting at is the the difference is not in the trim level i.e. EX LX DX, but sedan vs coupe.
        I hadn't thought about it that way. Is there a difference in the pattern of the fabric itself in the center section? I still think there is a difference between LX and EX because if my front seats are EX, they don't quite match the rear seat which is still LX. I'll get some close up photos.

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
        top pic is definitely 90-91 EX. i'm pretty sure we had a more comprehensive thread years ago, maybe AccordWarrior would remember where it is.
        That's what I needed, someone with a better memory than me. I did search for a thread, but mostly just found ones about swapping seats, not the fabrics specifically. I'll have to dig some more for photos of cars I've previously owned.

More research indicates that all of the above is true, coupe, sedan, and wagon panel configurations differ, but fabrics must differ some as well. The specific example of a 91 sedan lists different part numbers for the seat Y18L Silky Ivory covers between EX and LX, with two different ones for each model.

91 EX Sedan driver bottom cover
        - 81531-SM1-A21ZB (Ham) still available from Vintage Parts!
        - 81531-SM4-A21ZB

91 LX Sedan driver bottom cover
        - 81531-SM1-A11ZB (Ham)
        - 81531-SM4-A11ZD

91 EX Wagon driver bottom cover
        - 81531-SM5-A11ZE

Starting in 1992, there appears to only be one part number per model & body style per color.

According to my local parts guy (HAM) probably indicates "Honda of America", so the non-Ham parts may be been for Japanese cars.

Feb.19, 2018: Look what arrived today - last one of this part no. Vintage Parts had:

I'm almost afraid to put it on. I may wait until the current one starts to look really bad. Then if I install this, I'd probably put some aftermarket cover over it to keep from ruining it. Might as well have just gone aftermarket anyway. The hunt is on for a passenger bottom cover.
        Last edited by Fleetw00d; 02-20-2018, 07:31 AM.
        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Working...
        X