CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Site Features > Photography Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-23-2018, 08:57 AM   #3901
gloryaccordy
Contributing Member

gloryaccordy seems to have made some friends!
It's not so much Canon as much as it is full frame. But full frame gives you a lot of choice lens wise. Plus lenses don't lose too much value if any at all. And a lot of it comes down to what and how you shoot anyway......

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordoja View Post
im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral
gloryaccordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 11:40 AM   #3902
Ralphie
Stalker

Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed.
Yea, that's true I guess.

Well I kind of shoot EVERYTHING. I don't shoot sports, and I don't shoot live concerts. I do headshots, I do real estate, I do any and all events, and formal portraiture.

So I really could benefit from a wide range of lens, but I do not make enough to afford the lens I would want, so I have been making what I have work, and its definitely possible.

I really only wanted the L stuff for the color rendition and the weather resistance since they have rubber seals that mate up with my MKIII.

Other than that, if you had to make run of the mil primes/zooms work, you most certainly could.

Shit I know someone who unloaded all their Canon gear, a 1D, and all L glass to move over to the FUJI X system. I also contemplated it for a bit because I love the X series bodies from FUJI, and their colors are just gorgeous. Their "stock" lens lineup is actually pretty badass.

And the mirror less and electronic viewfinder are supposed to be otherworldly.

I really want one as a travel camera, but I was looking at one of the older x100s as they have leaf shutters and can utilize off camera flash and do shutter speeds of over 1/30000 or something crazy like that. You can get some amazing mid day shots with that setup.
Ralphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 11:53 AM   #3903
gloryaccordy
Contributing Member

gloryaccordy seems to have made some friends!
I'm not a huge fan of Fuji. Their system is basically APS-C IQ for FF money. They do have some more affordable bodies and lenses, but then so does Canon EF. I just saw that the 6D is only $999 new... probably like $600-700 used.... damn good for a FF body with good image quality. Changing systems is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ anyway... for a second I thought about moving to Canon from Sony, but when the 6D2 came out without 4K I said "fuck that".

I never really bought into the weather sealed thing. They say stuff is weathersealed but is it really? I don't want to gamble $xxxx to find out. Outex just came out with a pretty ingenious solution that works with any camera- basically a camera condom with a filter thread and clear filter. A little pricey for what it is but still brilliant. Most of my lenses use a 67mm filter so I'd be good to go. There have been a lot of times we've been at the beach and I wanted to get some photos in the water... 100% no go with the A7II, and I don't do that enough to where I'd want a (shitty) camera just for that. This Outex housing looks pretty damn good....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordoja View Post
im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral
gloryaccordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 02:39 PM   #3904
Ralphie
Stalker

Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. Ralphie is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed.
Well I fucking splurged lol.

Bought a 85mm f1.2L the other day.

It came yesterday, and it is fucking massive.

Did some quick shots outside when my kids were playing. 1.2 is such a small window of DOF, but even stopped down to 4.0, the subject isolation is amazing. Great bokeh.

Everything they say is true hahaha

I noticed that AF is slightly slower than my 24-70, but that is namely because its such a large piece of glass. I don't think itll be a problem for me. I shoot outdoors mostly, and the few times during events where I might need 1.2 to get an artistic shot, or go without shooting full power on my speedlights, Its not usually a fast moving object anyway, so the slower AF should not be a big deal for me.

I felt I am at a point where I shoot enough portraits where I needed some extra oomph. The dreamy "3d" look is very nice, and I can tell that its easy to get a lot of images with this lens that need very limited editing. Colors are amazing and probably would just need a little CA treatment and highlight recovery and done.

Ill post some examples up once I really shoot with her.
Old 04-19-2018, 05:30 PM   #3905
PakaloloHonda
Contributing Member

PakaloloHonda is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to PakaloloHonda Send a message via Yahoo to PakaloloHonda
I shot with this lens, then .. I threw my 1.8 L on ...
and no one could tell the difference.

I printed 12 photos ... 6 a-piece .. even I lost my recollection lol .. I couldn't see the difference ..
But I saw it in the spending price lol ...

I have a great copy of the 1.8. Paired with the 1ds Mk3, its solid gold .. I sold it once ... I'll never do that again ..

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon
PakaloloHonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 01:18 PM   #3906
Ralphie
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PakaloloHonda View Post
I shot with this lens, then .. I threw my 1.8 L on ...
and no one could tell the difference.

I printed 12 photos ... 6 a-piece .. even I lost my recollection lol .. I couldn't see the difference ..
But I saw it in the spending price lol ...

I have a great copy of the 1.8. Paired with the 1ds Mk3, its solid gold .. I sold it once ... I'll never do that again ..
1.8L????

Never heard of that. Can't find a copy online????LOL

Either way, I would not doubt it. Many reviews said you could fare just as well with the 85 1.8 non L version etc.

YN7A5629 by Ralph Ricciardi, on Flickr

That's one of the first snaps I took. Focus is a bit off, seems it focused on her hand.

Going to take a bit to get used to wielding this thing at f1.2, but for most of my pro gigs, ill probably shoot between 2.8 and 4.

Itll be nice to have the 1.2 for events where lighting is sketchy though.
Old 04-21-2018, 01:47 AM   #3907
PakaloloHonda
Contributing Member

PakaloloHonda is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to PakaloloHonda Send a message via Yahoo to PakaloloHonda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralphie View Post
1.8L????

Never heard of that. Can't find a copy online????LOL
Oops .. ya .. 1.8 NON L
Just love mine ... will never sell it again! Period!

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon
PakaloloHonda is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: