Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Accord Down! Wrecked h22 cb7/ Back to the building stage. {pics}

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accord Down! Wrecked h22 cb7/ Back to the building stage. {pics}

So, as some of you know, i just recently finished my jdm h22a swap about a month ago, and she was running great, cold ac, power steering, everything worked... EXCEPT ABS.. On July 3rd, it was a little wet outside, I was on my way to work, Cruising at 55 down the backroads, just like always, and as i came around a blind curve(speed limit 55) There was a volkswagen in my lane, coming at me head on. I swerved around him, thankfully, but as i was coming back into my lane, the rear end broke loose, and she started to spin.. i spun one full time, and then caught it, but was too late. Slammed into a tree at full lock to the right, at about 50. hit the tree, then spun back the other direction into a ditch. Luckily i had no injuries, but my baby is gone. my leg bent the shifter, and my hip shoved the console over almost into the passenger seat. Heres the wreckage.

Yes, That is a hole in the rim, and no, the tire didnt pop. LOL. Tire was still at 37psi in the picture, dismounted the tire and shes still perfectly good for the next one. Nitto FTW!

I managed to find a pair of accords on craigslist for 800$, a 93 coupe bith a blown headgasket and a good auto trans, and a 91 sedan with a good engine and a bad auto trans. SO, With that being the case, im going to put the good trans into the sedan, and that will be my daily beater, while i build the coupe. My h22 is still good, but the trans case cracked where the mount is. im hoping i can manage to get the outer casing from my old f22 trans to fit on the h trans. (any input or advice would be great!) luckily most of the stuff from my build is still good.. so it wont cost much to finish the coupe.
    Heres a pic of the new twins

Stay tuned for the new build. Ill try to be more active in the forums.

Man, that sucks. Glad you're ok! And that you're not letting it slow you down!

Comment

Your leg bent the shifter?! You must be a big/strong guy to do that.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Glad you're OK. I went through this with my EX coupe back in 2012. No chance of identifying the VW that caused it? Should have clipped him just a little to involve him.
        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          Man, that sucks. Glad you're ok! And that you're not letting it slow you down!
          Thanks Deev, Im just glad im still alive and walking. And that my engine is savable. lol. Had about 8 grand into the whole build, so im really happy its partially salvagable

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
          Glad you're OK. I went through this with my EX coupe back in 2012. No chance of identifying the VW that caused it? Should have clipped him just a little to involve him.
          Actually, Im only 5'9 and 136lb, but the momentum was something fierce. Neither me, my dad, or the state trooper understand how im still alive, and dont at least have a broken leg. Small but mighty, i guess. lol

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
          I was trying to completely avoid crashing, Haha. but the whole thing was like slow motion.. I did get his license plate while i was spinning, but the trooper said the only thing they can really do is ticket him for leaving the scene of an accident.. but i pass him on my way to work every once in a while. I'll see him again. Might Follow him til he stops, and and punch him in the face a few times "thats what you get for ruining my car!" Lmao
          Last edited by Jarrett; 07-09-2015, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your car, but glad you are ok. Good luck with the new cars and keep us updated.

Comment

Originally posted by talonted1990 View Post
              Sorry to hear about your car, but glad you are ok. Good luck with the new cars and keep us updated.
              Thanks man, I'll definitely be more active, Finally buying myself a computer this week LOL Havent had a computer in almost 4 years. Only reason im using one now is because were dead at the shop today, i Spend too much time either working, doing side work, or working on my car, and i never really get time to sit down until i go to bed. Lmao. Pics will certainly be uploaded often. Im doing a lot more with the coupe than i did with my sedan, Because time isnt an issue with this round since ill have another car to drive in the meantime

Comment

Glad your okay sorry about the car man I know it must be hard. So what's next?

Comment

Working...
                X