Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H22swap for daily driving/weekend fun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use to wish for a 6 speed with the H22 too. But now that I have a 6 speed I realize it's not what I thought it was. I thought all gear ratios were the same up to 5th and then we just have another gear. So I could do 70mph in 6th and be well below 3000rpms. Not the case 6 speeds just have shorter gearing so your at the same rpm oat 70mph. I too now skip gears in the 6 speed.

Comment

With my 6 speed cars, I find that I have difficulty getting familiar with the ratios. Granted, I haven't put as many miles or hours of seat time on those, but I have yet to feel as comfortable heel-toeing the 6 speeds as I did my 5 speeds. It's all familiarity, but I like my familiar 5 speed!
      More gears = more fast & furious. Shift to go faster!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        With my 6 speed cars, I find that I have difficulty getting familiar with the ratios. Granted, I haven't put as many miles or hours of seat time on those, but I have yet to feel as comfortable heel-toeing the 6 speeds as I did my 5 speeds. It's all familiarity, but I like my familiar 5 speed!
        More gears = more fast & furious. Shift to go faster!
        The more evenly the gears are spaced (ratio wise) the easier it is to be consistent I find. It took awhile for me to get used to the 5 speed coming from my Si. Pedal placement has a lot to do with it as well. I can't imagine how much pep my car would have with a T2W4 transmission in it but the gearing is way too short for my taste as far as highway miles go. The 5th gear is shorter than the stock accord transmission 4th and that's not adding in the shorter final drive.
        Last edited by Bunta; 08-21-2017, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Hmm now I am glad we've got five speeds haha

Comment

Working...
          X