Installing H&R race Springs how to tell when middle shock bolt is tight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    Drive it as little as possible, then. Even at low speeds, that's a ton and a half of steel that you might not be able to control. I always use the example of a kid chasing a ball into the street. If you slam on your brakes and your wheels start bouncing up and down, you're not going to be able to stop or swerve to avoid that kid. Get Konis in there as soon as you can, and drive the car as carefully and sparingly as possible.
    I didn't mention that the noise is only in the rear. No noise at all from the front. It sounds like the spring is loose and banging around when i hit a bump....idk... I've read a lot of threads about people driving around with seriously dangerous cars... On back roads around my house i tried brake checks multiple times and didn't have any issues...but I'm still driving very safe...i just don't want you guys( by that i mean this forum) thinking that i don't care and just drive carelessly. Thank you all for your input and answers..

Comment

trailing arm bushes are probably shot

Comment

probably a stupid question but did you install insulators in the top and bottom? on my old setup i had a noise but it was because i did not install the rubber insulator with the coilovers.
        [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Rear shock is definitely blown. Had it happen to me. Basically, when you hit a bump, the shock has almost no damping power, and you are hearing the spring oscillating up and down quickly before it finally slow enough to not bang. You need shocks asap. Its only going to get worse, and is putting a ton of undue stress on other suspension components.

Comment

Originally posted by Crankshaft View Post
            probably a stupid question but did you install insulators in the top and bottom? on my old setup i had a noise but it was because i did not install the rubber insulator with the coilovers.
            I've been so busy lately that i haven't been able to check my replies. I apologize. Your question isn't stupid. I might be stupid though because i don't know what you are talking about so chances are i didn't install them. Can you be a little more specific about what they look like.

Comment

Originally posted by Corweena View Post
              Rear shock is definitely blown. Had it happen to me. Basically, when you hit a bump, the shock has almost no damping power, and you are hearing the spring oscillating up and down quickly before it finally slow enough to not bang. You need shocks asap. Its only going to get worse, and is putting a ton of undue stress on other suspension components.
              So another issue I'm having is when i hit any type of bump my back end kicks out. Its pretty bad. I've been driving like a grandma for the last few months cause my money is super tight and I'm scared that something will fail. I wish i had a second car. That's life though. I probably am going to start another thread about this. I have searched with no luck.

Comment

That's what happens with a blown shock. Your back end kicks out over bumps because you're only riding on one back wheel for a split second.
                When I had a blown shock up front, my car would dive violently in that direction every time I hit the brakes.

Most people think shocks just exist to make your ride more comfortable. They are much more than that. They keep your car stable. Without them, you will literally be all over the road.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  That's what happens with a blown shock. Your back end kicks out over bumps because you're only riding on one back wheel for a split second.
                  When I had a blown shock up front, my car would dive violently in that direction every time I hit the brakes.

Most people think shocks just exist to make your ride more comfortable. They are much more than that. They keep your car stable. Without them, you will literally be all over the road.
                  Yeah i know that they are bad. I have new ones ones coming soon. I thought it might be that my rear wheel alignment is out of whack. I installed aluminum lca's because the bolt was froze in the old ones. Anyways i know everyone is probably thinking I'm stupid for even driving this way. I assure everyone i have no choice. It's weird that it didn't do this with the cheap coil over sleeves. Thanks for the replies.

Comment

Working...
                  X