Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

h23/jdm f22b cams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PirateMcFred View Post
    Trah, some people are cynics and can't tell internet sarcasm. Someone will ask a question and you can tell them an answer for free and they will jump on you for volunteering information. You could just tell them to STFU and go buy the parts and tools to go figure it out for themselves. Good on you for taking the high road. I wouldn't have.

FWIW using bubblegum and bailing wire I too got similar numbers for my H23A1 and F22B DOHC cams.

What's that internet saying? "Haters gonna hate?"

lol, thanks fred. I used the girls hair method and a protractor, but never used bubblegum and bailing wire for measuring cams but I need to try it out . I just hate people who install something and say there is extra HP because they feel it, oh wells. Thanks for the support bro.
    either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      Sadly, a lot of people don't get internet sarcasm... and more than once I've seen someone's "joke" being repeated as real information in the past. The last thing I want to see is someone damaging their car because they believed false information to be true. People are here to learn. This wouldn't be a very useful place if all the beginners remained ignorant, and all the knowledgeable people kept their knowledge amongst themselves. I know sites like that. I don't care for this one to become one.
      I have nothing against anyone personally, and thank you trah for sharing useful information.
      I understand your standpoint deever, but o wells, it is what it is right :. And your welcome
      either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

So what was the conclusion in this thread? All i see is conflicting information

Would h23 cams be worth while to put into an f20a dohc?

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
          So what was the conclusion in this thread? All i see is conflicting information

Would h23 cams be worth while to put into an f20a dohc?
          i was thinking the same thing, but i believe that the difference in the crank stroke would make it a bad idea.

if wrong please someone let me know

Comment

I'm interested in knowing if H23A1 cams are in fact and upgrade for a JDM F22B DOHC Non-Vtec.

This thread seems to be the closest to containing the answer to this question... my reason for reviving this thread in particular.

Comment

djcaz and I measured the differences before I threw my h23 cams in my f22b dohc.

the h23 cams had a different lobe and angle absolutely, and I believe intake measured the same but exhaust lobe measured differently for the h23.

I am going to hit him up and see if he still has the data we collected.

edit/update: here are the specs we measured:

Both intake cams: 1.322"

Exhaust F22B: 1.318" H23: 1.323"

but as stated the angles are different as well.
              Last edited by drummersteve7; 08-03-2014, 09:25 AM.
              MadLab Racing
              Southern Maryland

Comment

Thank you, that's all I needed to know.

Comment

There should be a zombie thread revival forum.
                  ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

Originally posted by cb7 calling View Post
                    There should be a zombie thread revival forum.
                    Why I chose to bring this thread in particular back is because it was one of the first to come up in my search for the keywords "f22b dohc cam specs" or something like that. So by getting the correct information in this thread it makes it easier for others to find this bit of information in the future. If that's what you are referring to, if not my mistake, it's been a long day.

Comment

Working...
                    X