What master cylinder fits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What master cylinder fits?

My question is what other honda master cylinder will fit a 90 accord lx with no abs. my car came with front discs and rear drums, i did the rear disc brake swap. I used power slot rotors at all 4 corners, with goodridge stain-less steel brake lines with stock pads. i want more stopping power to the rear brakes. i still need to get the DA prop valve. any help would be the best.

your only option is stock mc with the 40/40 prop valve...if you had an ex you couldve gotten a prelude mc

Originally posted by fizzbob7
    first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
    Originally posted by ACC0RD22
    no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
    So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

Originally posted by arrozburner
      your only option is stock mc with the 40/40 prop valve...if you had an ex you couldve gotten a prelude mc
      why cant i use a ex or prelude mc?

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord
        why cant i use a ex or prelude mc?
        when ppl say EX referring to the brake master cyl, they are usually referring to the EX's that had ABS... same with the prelude one... the size of the one fitting on a BMC for ABS is different, so your lines wouldnt match up.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

why wont a 93 prelude or accord ex fit?

Comment

what if you got/made a line that fit?
            -Mark-
            CB7
            CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
            Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Yeah, what if you just put on a connector that fit. This was discussed before. If it's just because the ones with ABS have different sized connectors that plug into the MC can't you put new ones on your DX/LX lines to fit the new MC? I don't relly know how those lines and fittings are made.
              Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
              -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
              MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Originally posted by uslspct
                Yeah, what if you just put on a connector that fit. This was discussed before. If it's just because the ones with ABS have different sized connectors that plug into the MC can't you put new ones on your DX/LX lines to fit the new MC? I don't relly know how those lines and fittings are made.
                they are solid hardlines with compression fittings at the end... most shops have the ability to make custom lines like this for you with whatever fittings, but bending it to fit is a big pain in the butt (special way to bend them)... another option is getting a custom stainless steel braided line with the proper fittings, but that might be overboard and not worth the MC "upgrade".

i personally will be having custom SS braided lines made for all the lines to convert to non-ABS but thats a whole nother story...

why wont a 93 prelude or accord ex fit?
                the fittings on the side of the master cylinder are different that those on an accord lx/dx one. one of the fittings on the ABS equipped cars ("93 prelude/accord ex") is larger so your line wont fit onto it.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

You can buy hard brake lines at Napa. I had to do it for my 5th gen . . . I think they leak tho, putting some gasket maker on the end of it is gonna make it work alot better
                  -Mark-
                  CB7
                  CD5

Comment

i swapped in a legend MC. I had to get one custom line because the rear one (i think) has a larger thread size. I had this MC on a 87 honda accord, and an 89 honda accord but i had to make a special mount for those because the mount points were backwards. It feels a little bit spongy to me but i may still have air in my lines..i'm just too lazy to get rid of the air. I can still lock up all 4 tires though. I forget the year make and model of the legend, but i could find out...it's on 3geez.com... someone was talking about swaping rear disc brakes and using legend calipers..so i figured HEY if i'm going wtih legend calipers (which i never got) i should get legend MC too! Not exactly a good mod cause the legend slants forward and so you can never completly top off correctly.. guess i could get a different holder.. maybe i'll take pics sometime that would help out.
                    WTB:
                    88-01 prelude 2.0si (3g) si (4g,5g)
                    OR
                    90-93 Accord.

Has to be 5spd, has to be CHEAP. SUPER CHEAP. Will be in Indiana in February permanently and want a project car when I get settled in.

Comment

Originally posted by ACC0RD22
                      You can buy hard brake lines at Napa. I had to do it for my 5th gen . . . I think they leak tho, putting some gasket maker on the end of it is gonna make it work alot better
                      i would NEVER EVER use gasket maker on the end of thread to make it better do you know how many psi goes through there?

Comment

i found sometims that if it leaks you can use their double flarring tool and redo the flare. Then if it leaks it's only cause it's not tight enough.
                        WTB:
                        88-01 prelude 2.0si (3g) si (4g,5g)
                        OR
                        90-93 Accord.

Has to be 5spd, has to be CHEAP. SUPER CHEAP. Will be in Indiana in February permanently and want a project car when I get settled in.

Comment

i would NEVER EVER use gasket maker on the end of thread to make it better do you know how many psi goes through there?
                          yea . . . well . . . its either that or silicone tape, the old (stock) lines are kinda broken now
                          -Mark-
                          CB7
                          CD5

Comment

Is there a difference between the Prelude VTEC MC and the EX MC?

The front rotors on the lude are about a inch bigger and have much more stopping (and cooling) power then the stock front accord rotors.
                            Since the front rotors are bigger I would think that the prelude vtec MC would send a bit more braking power to the rear brakes
                            ~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by pwrusr
                              Is there a difference between the Prelude VTEC MC and the EX MC?

The front rotors on the lude are about a inch bigger and have much more stopping (and cooling) power then the stock front accord rotors.
                              Since the front rotors are bigger I would think that the prelude vtec MC would send a bit more braking power to the rear brakes
                              i wouldnt think that there would be a difference, cuz they are both rear disc and abs. i was thinking about getting the front knuckle from the vtec lude and with the brakes and call it a day. i do want bigger brakes but i dont want to add more weight so the lude vtec brake system is perfect i guess the only reason why you cant use the 92 and up mc(prelude or accord) is because of the abs? right or wrong?

Comment

Working...
                              X