Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Suggestions on good name brand exhausts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
    How do you figure that?
    because i have owned a lower quality muffler and resonator before and the fiberglass packing burned out in both of them leaving the muffler empty and making it sound if i were running straight pipe

Comment

OBX isnt low quality. There are members on here who have used them for years and havent had any problems. I have one on my Integra and ive had it for over 3 years and it doesn't sound any diffrent than the day I got it 65,000 miles ago. And it still looks almost new and has a mirror polish.

With true cheap mufflers and resonators the packing will come out. However its not all or nothing. You dont have to spend $300+ to not have a crappy exhaust. A good part dosen't have to be super expensive. And just because a part doesn't cost a shit load doesn't mean its cheap.
      Last edited by H311RA151N; 11-06-2012, 03:49 AM.

Comment

i have seen the opposite from OBX products where i believe it was a newer rear UCA snap in half under normal driving conditions on a car lowered about 2 inches with the camber kit set to oem camber specs while on the 5 freeway heading for a major accord meet that was being hosted in southern california

after seeing that i have learned to not trust OBX nor support products along with some other accord owners who were traveling in the pack with him when it happend or who met up with us

now i know that mufflers are not included for the most part in life or death situations...but if they cant keep quality on a essential part then what about the not so essential parts

but if its still working for you after all this time then awesome
        Last edited by wolfy47; 11-06-2012, 03:55 AM.

Comment

With true cheap mufflers and resonators the packing will come out. However its not all or nothing. You dont have to spend $300+ to not have a crappy exhaust. A good part dosen't have to be super expensive. And just because a part doesn't cost a shit load doesn't mean its cheap.
          also im not saying that an exhaust needs to be $300+ nor did i say that a good part have to be expensive

i said i would recommend magnaflow (a cheaper muffler than the obx by 40 bucks and its what i feel is a better quality than the OBX in the first place and is comparable in sound to the legit WS2)

but im all for buying ebay exhaust and swapping out the mufflers for better ones

Comment

A Magnaflow muffler for $20?

Id say Magnaflow is better than OBX aswell. But it cost more. A good one that sounds good and looks good costs about $200. If your going to do that you might aswell buy a real WS2 muffler.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magnaflow-14...795944&vxp=mtr
            http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magnaflow-14...793a3b&vxp=mtr
            http://www.ebay.com/itm/magnaflow-mu...ca5fd1&vxp=mtr

Almost every OBX muffler is $60 shipped. And almost all OBX resonators are $40 shipped.
            Last edited by H311RA151N; 11-06-2012, 04:11 AM.

Comment

i apologize reading just owned me when you said "OBX and 'Tsudo both make SP2 style mufflers for under $100." thought you wrote they are $100

$200 bucks for a magnaflow muffler though??...i got mine ordered brand new in box with warrenty card, sticker, and everything to a local shop and installed with a tip along with a 22 inch no name resonator (also installed) for $100 out the door

so when you come up with $200 bucks i really dont know what you are talking about
              Last edited by wolfy47; 11-06-2012, 04:22 AM.

Comment

I thank you all for your suggestions. Im looking forward towards a magnaflow more but a friend of mine told me today that SRS from ebay is a decent brand? Sometimes I just cant trust ebay so who knows. Im skeptical on OBX in a way, haven't heard too much from them.

I could afford an apexi but sheesh so much money for just an exhaust system but I'll do what i can and what will work best with me also.

Comment

OBX is decent never had a issue with anything engine/exhaust related.

That srs is a joke (Mimic name of Rsr which is pricey and way better) it's just the same as most others found on ebay for cheap. Never had a issue with the piping, but if you go this route look into a chambered muffler, OE cat, and decent size resonator.

Ws2 is expensive, but i know yonaka makes a replica (Don't know if they carry it for the cb chassi though), it sounds damn good and is priced at $300'ish.

I myself would rather piece together a setup, i will be doing my celicas here soon.

02 Crv
                  02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                  92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                  Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

personally I feel that having a loud muffler is a good thing. Not that resonancy buzzing in the head wierd loud that some cars give off. I was in BB6 with a Tanabe catback and a removed resonator that was the most annoying sound in the cabin ever, even worse was my friends D16A6, that little engine only had a header, test pipe and a fart can OMG that was very unpleasant.

Any way just like people on motorbikes prefer to have the loudest exhaust possible/tolerable, I feel the same way. You are driving a 20 year old car that isnt as safe as every one else, its smaller and more prone to damage in a wreck. So maybe making it alittle louder will help get some attention of other drivers in a good way. Cause you know now a days people have built in navigation MP3/Movie players built in the car to disctract them not to mention the people that always talk on the phone or worse text and drive, get blow jobs hand jobs you know distractions.
                    Last edited by 8ball; 11-07-2012, 11:40 PM.

Comment

@ 8Ball lol that is true but it is a probability chance of that happening to anyone or me. I'll take that into consideration

Comment

Originally posted by cB7Jedii1 View Post
                        @ 8Ball lol that is true but it is a probability chance of that happening to anyone or me. I'll take that into consideration
                        ive personally been saved by my ricer exhaust like 5 times. i hate the sound but i usually rev or make noise when i feel like people arent paying attn to their surroundings

Comment

When getting an exhaust, is it important to have a better engine that's not stock? everything under my 93 lx's hood is completely stock, and I don't want it to sound terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by JFrost7 View Post
                            When getting an exhaust, is it important to have a better engine that's not stock? everything under my 93 lx's hood is completely stock, and I don't want it to sound terrible.
                            The only mods that have a large effect on how your car sounds is mods to the exhaust and the intake. Iabs, Itbs, turbo, cams and so on will make the car sound diffrent too but until you get pretty serious with engine mods two cars, one with a few engine mods and one stock with the same exhausts will sound the same or really close.

To the op choosing the ebay srs exhaust over the OBX for quality reasons isnt a good chioce. Its your car an its just my opinion. My .2cents

Comment

Originally posted by TAMPA View Post
                              The only mods that have a large effect on how your car sounds is mods to the exhaust and the intake. Iabs, Itbs, turbo, cams and so on will make the car sound diffrent too but until you get pretty serious with engine mods two cars, one with a few engine mods and one stock with the same exhausts will sound the same or really close.

To the op choosing the ebay srs exhaust over the OBX for quality reasons isnt a good chioce. Its your car an its just my opinion. My .2cents
                              At least he can still have a good muffler and resonator welded on to the catback once he discovers that the ones on the "SRS" are a POS. Itll just cost more than it should have.

Comment

At least he can still have a good muffler and resonator welded on to the catback once he discovers that the ones on the "SRS" are a POS. Itll just cost more than it should have.
                                Yeah I forgot about that, thats what you did on your 91 and it sounds nice. Its a little quiet but its a daily to

Comment

Working...
                                X