Why do German have suck crap electrical systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do German have suck crap electrical systems

DSC light, ABS light, Brake light, no speedometer, no mpg..

Pretty sure the DSC mod blew up

Because they are either to be worked on by certain certified technicians who have high end money to maintenance them. Or you can do the other and sell it before it runs into problems,then get another one when your done.

Comment

because Germans suck at engineering. It has to be ridiculously complex to pass their "standards"
      1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

thats why you buy a german car that doesnt have lights on the dash, itll either just leave you stranded, catch on fire or just blow up.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

its probably something so stupid. i love euros. but something about audis that just kills it. their the worst thing when it comes to electrical stuff. i havent had a problem with bmw.
          miss my turbo cb7
          moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93 View Post
            its probably something so stupid. i love euros. but something about audis that just kills it. their the worst thing when it comes to electrical stuff. i havent had a problem with bmw.
            It is a BMW..... From what I read the DSC mod blows up pretty often.

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
              It is a BMW..... From what I read the DSC mod blows up pretty often.
              yup. i had a 525i and m5 and no problems with electrical that is
              miss my turbo cb7
              moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

My step-dad wanted me to get a Jetta. I stopped listening to him after that.

Comment

Originally posted by CBro7 View Post
                  My step-dad wanted me to get a Jetta. I stopped listening to him after that.
                  lmao
                  ~Nick~
                  FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                  MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post

DSC light, ABS light, Brake light, no speedometer, no mpg..

Pretty sure the DSC mod blew up

Biggest thing keeping me from an old Bimmer actually...

They just ridiculously overcomplicate EVERYTHING.

They have to have some elaborate, hugely electrical sophisticated integrated circuit driven device that Honda comes along and redesigns with a piece of plastic and metal springs (I am referring specifically to the active head restraint in newer Honda products).

I just can't get passed how many sensors, switches, computers, relays etc they use to just do basic stuff. And they may not subscribe to the six sigma design standards like the Japanese do. Sad too, because if they did, there would probably be no reason to buy anything else. Of course, maybe that is how they keep their prices in check...
                    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

In a strange coincidence, the Muse's 1990 Audi 100 has lost it's fourth alternator belt since we got it (and it apparently seems to have taken the power steeing belt when it left), and has also decided to only come out of park when it wants to with the car running and of course, it happened to her when the temp was pushing 100 and I was over two hours away at a meet. Luckily she made it to ShortGirl's bio-dad's place and he loaned her his truck until I can go replace the belts today.

I hate that damn Nazi car.

Comment

LOL "Nazi car"

I remember our old '00 bmw 540. That car would just randomly die within first 3-4min of driving. It was completely random - about 2, sometimes 3 times a week.

It went to the dealer at least 5 times, they replaced random parts each time but none of them fixed the problem.

Comment

They look so damn good though

I am Jonesing for a B5 Passat wagon for my next DD. But logic will prob push me into a CE

Originally posted by lordoja
                          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Germans know how to make a pretty car. They know how to make a car that handles well. They know how to make a car that puts out insane power. They know how to build some kickass transmissions.

But electrical systems are a weak point in ALL of the major German makes! That's one reason I didn't get an S4, because I'd be spending more to fix it than I would to buy it!

Comment

Thats one of the reason why i opted to not get a BMW as my next car. I think i might go with Lexus, Infiniti or Acura.
                              1993 Accord LX - Sold
                              93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                              92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                              2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                              2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                              2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                              2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                              2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Working...
                              X