Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

injector and fuel pump question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

injector and fuel pump question

im planning on doing a dsm turbo setup in the futur wanted to know with the 450 injectors, do i need a higher lph fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator or will the stock ones work and does the ecu or map need any mod on top of that. thanks
    Hey yo uhhhhhh fry man!!!!

You should get an upgraded fuel pump, yes. Regulator, no.

As for the ECU, that is quite possibly the most important thing. You MUST have the ECU properly tuned, or you risk blowing your motor up. (the next most important thing is to use a properly sized turbo... a t25 or 14b is too small)

Comment

how do you mean too small. i have 275k on this motor 14b is plenty big at 8-10 psi, i think thats plenty. where can i get my ecu tuned for a decent price, no 350 for hondata, this is a basic setup and shouldnt be that colplicated.

Comment

14b is small for the mitsu 2.0's that they power.

look into chipped ecu's via crome
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by 92Inspire View Post
          how do you mean too small. i have 275k on this motor 14b is plenty big at 8-10 psi, i think thats plenty. where can i get my ecu tuned for a decent price, no 350 for hondata, this is a basic setup and shouldnt be that colplicated.
          Pressure is not totally relevant to power.
          X psi will result differently on all turbos.
          A 14B is actually fairly inefficient for the F22, not to mention the instant boost making town driving annoying.

Eg, 10 psi on a 14B = hot air, low flow.
          10psi on Big 16G = Cooler air, higher flow.

Cooler air = More dense air = more power.
          Higher flow = more air volume = more power.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Small turbo = increased heat. Increased heat leads to engine damage.
            The amount of boost you want to run is meaningless. That little snail is small for a 2.0L, and you're putting it on a 2.2L. Run that for any amount of time, and you're blowtorching your internals. I'm not even taking your power production into account... I couldn't care less. I'd rather not see you blow up your motor, though.

It is a basic (as in slapped together) setup, so to be quite honest, it's MORE complicated. You have to know what you're doing to make it work successfully.

Look around locally for a good dyno tuner. You're not going to get your ECU tuned on the internet.

Comment

i understand what u guys are saying. but any turbo on a factory non boosted car should be good. unless im using a td04, which is only good for my lawnmower or a weed eater. ive seen many people boost without an ecu tune. check valves and missing links are used for this purpose. i know its not the best way to go but it will work. and boost pressure does matter when ur trying not to blow ur motor. 8 psi on a stock bottom end from a t25 should be just fine.

Comment

i understand what u guys are saying. but any turbo on a factory non boosted car should be good.
                This statement says it all. It's fairly obvious that you don't understand.
                MR Thread
                GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

i understand what u guys are saying. but any turbo on a factory non boosted car should be good. unless im using a td04, which is only good for my lawnmower or a weed eater. ive seen many people boost without an ecu tune. check valves and missing links are used for this purpose. i know its not the best way to go but it will work. and boost pressure does matter when ur trying not to blow ur motor. 8 psi on a stock bottom end from a t25 should be just fine.
                  Whats the point in going such a cheap route, which is more likely to result in a blown engine?
                  You could put smaller injectors in and it would still work, but that would just be stupid wouldn't it?
                  Boost psi is still irelevant, you need to look at compressor maps and you'll realize why.
                  A t25 is too small for the F22. As Deev said - small turbos make heat and heat kills engines.

Btw how are you planning on adjusting the timing, and setting your afr's.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Working...
                  X