Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Clean Engine Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clean Engine Bay

I was wanting to know how to clean my engine on my 91 EX

Do i pressure wash it?
    visit vgruk

sure
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

so do i leave the enging running and just go at it? are there things i should cover?
      visit vgruk

Comment

I'll just leave these here.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ght=engine+bay

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ht=wash+engine

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ht=wash+engine
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

thanks! I used the search function but i did not get anything
          visit vgruk

Comment

LOL I wasnt trying to be an ass. I just answered your simple question lol.

I wanted to feel how it would be to be like a Dick for a day lol.
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

I found WD40 does wonders on cleaning and shining under the hood.

Example: http://www.d-series.org/forums/diy-f...-civic-si.html
              -Ian

'92 EX Coupe (Member's Ride Thread)

My Blog - Mostly snark about professional motorsports, but I occasionally make it to local and regional events. It's not much now, but I'm working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by LastToBrake View Post
                I found WD40 does wonders on cleaning and shining under the hood.

Example: http://www.d-series.org/forums/diy-f...-civic-si.html
                Yea, it does an amazing job lol

Comment

dont pressure wash it ,, its a joke
                  10th Anniversary Accord.
                  05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

Originally posted by 10thAnnivCB7 View Post
                    dont pressure wash it ,, its a joke
                    Why's that?

I pressure wash mine with hot water after soaking it with some simple green all the time.

Just make sure not to blast it directly at the distributor and any other electrical connections with old/bad seals. I replaced all of my seals and put electric grease in all of my connectors. 0 issues in over 5 years of spraying it down. Proper maintenance is key. I don't keep my engine running ether.
                    MR Thread
                    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

At work (Honda dealership) we spray degreaser on when it's cold. Start the engine then pressure wash but moving it quickly so it's not directed at anything then blow all the water off with a compresser and open air attachment

#3MR 91 coupe: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=186456
                      #2MR 90 sedan: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...51#post2867651
                      #1MR 93 coupe: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176343

Comment

what if he has vacuum leaks or loose wires ,, soft and brittle hoses ir plastic ,, everythin in there must be nice and tight.

i wouldn't do it to mine because i know i could. brake some stuff
                        10th Anniversary Accord.
                        05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
                          Why's that?

I pressure wash mine with hot water after soaking it with some simple green all the time.

Just make sure not to blast it directly at the distributor and any other electrical connections with old/bad seals. I replaced all of my seals and put electric grease in all of my connectors. 0 issues in over 5 years of spraying it down. Proper maintenance is key. I don't keep my engine running ether.
                          Does it harm the engine if its running?

Comment

Originally posted by ILLCB7 View Post
                            Does it harm the engine if its running?
                            No, personally I have done it for years. I usually like doing it because if there was a manifold leak and you sprayed water it will change the sound of the motor. If it was off, you wouldnt know and you may flood the engine.

Originally posted by 10thAnnivCB7 View Post
                            what if he has vacuum leaks or loose wires ,, soft and brittle hoses ir plastic ,, everythin in there must be nice and tight.

i wouldn't do it to mine because i know i could. brake some stuff
                            Then he should look at that prior to doing the job. It will be his fault. This forum is a forum of help and suggustion, if he has a bunch of fucked up lines and he sprays it....its not our fault =)

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
                            Why's that?

I personally stopped blasting the distribitor. But I usually do a quick pass at it. Sometimes I get water inside. I dont do any electric grease or anything. I even spray the alternator lol.

I been pressure washing for years. Toyotas are sensitive to it, so i dont really concentrate on some parts in the engine bay.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
                              No, personally I have done it for years. I usually like doing it because if there was a manifold leak and you sprayed water it will change the sound of the motor. If it was off, you wouldnt know and you may flood the engine.
                              Thanks for that information.

Comment

Working...
                              X