Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

autoshifter broken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

autoshifter broken?

I will be getting a 92 EX CB7 soon, the guy giving it to me says the the autoshifter is broken? Can this be replaced and/or easy to fix or is the tranny junk now? Not sure what kind of tranny it has,but the engine is a F22A6 if that info helps at all?

Originally posted by ILLCB7 View Post
    I will be getting a 92 EX CB7 soon, the guy giving it to me says the the autoshifter is broken? Can this be replaced and/or easy to fix or is the tranny junk now? Not sure what kind of tranny it has,but the engine is a F22A6 if that info helps at all?
    He's most likely taking about the physical shifter, and yes it can be replaced. The best your getting has an auto tranny in it. I'm not sure, but I'd assume the auto shifter will be a tad more expensive than a manual shifter, there a switch or two on it.
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
      He's most likely taking about the physical shifter, and yes it can be replaced. The best your getting has an auto tranny in it. I'm not sure, but I'd assume the auto shifter will be a tad more expensive than a manual shifter, there a switch or two on it.
      Sorry I should of at least specified what he told me, he said that the car wouldnt go into gear. Is this a normal problem for accord? Im assuming its just a loose connection

Comment

Sorry I should of at least specified what he told me, he said that the car wouldnt go into gear. Is this a normal problem for accord? Im assuming its just a loose connection
        Then I can't fully answer you, I'm not very familiar with autos. But from what I know, a bad tranny ECU (TCU) can cause the car not to shift, as well as the shift solenoids. And of course a bad shifter, all of which are easy fixes. You should ask if the D4 light is on/blinking.

Comment

Then I can't fully answer you, I'm not very familiar with autos. But from what I know, a bad tranny ECU (TCU) can cause the car not to shift, as well as the shift solenoids. And of course a bad shifter, all of which are easy fixes. You should ask if the D4 light is on/blinking.
          Ok thank you and what is a D4 light? That maybe a dumb question to ask lol, all I ever owned was 5-speed vehicles

Comment

Ok thank you and what is a D4 light? That maybe a dumb question to ask lol, all I ever owned was 5-speed vehicles
            Park
            Reverse
            Neutral
            Drive 1
            Drive 2
            Drive 3
            Drive 4

It's forth gear. You should ask if there are any lights that stay, I think there's also a Sports mode light as well, but not 100%.

Comment

Park
              Reverse
              Neutral
              Drive 1
              Drive 2
              Drive 3
              Drive 4

It's forth gear. You should ask if there are any lights that stay, I think there's also a Sports mode light as well, but not 100%.
              Ah ok,thanks for the information. I'll ask that lol

Comment

Ah ok,thanks for the information. I'll ask that lol
                Np.

Comment

I just messaged the guy, so hopefully ill have the answer by sun rise lol

Comment

I just messaged the guy, so hopefully ill have the answer by sun rise lol
                    Even if there are lights, you can go pull the codes and see what's wrong, could just need something cleaned or replaced. But that would require you go to the car.

Comment

Even if there are lights, you can go pull the codes and see what's wrong, could just need something cleaned or replaced. But that would require you go to the car.
                      Yea I am trading my DC4 Integra for it,by the looks of things I might have access to it by Saturday.

Comment

Yea I am trading my DC4 Integra for it,by the looks of things I might have access to it by Saturday.
                        Use this DIY to read the codes and diagnose them.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...k+engine+light

Comment

Use this DIY to read the codes and diagnose them.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...k+engine+light
                          Thanks for that link, I will be sure to use it

Comment

The guy is saying that there are no lights on or blinking?

Comment

So you are saying the seller is telling you that it won't go into gear? So basically its stuck in park, has he tried unlocking the shifter with the key and then going through the gears?

Comment

Working...
                              X