Cb7 parts getting very rare.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cb7 parts getting very rare.

So the other day my girls blower motor goes out, i took it out and one of the fans had broken. I called the part store first to see if any one had one, nope dealer only. I called the dealer and the guy says well i have one that is 1 of 1 and the other is 5 of 5, went down and looked at it on the comp to verify which one i needed. It was the 1 of 1, so i asked the guy what exactly does it mean 1 of 1, u only have 1 in stock or what. He then proceeded to explain to me that honda no longer makes them ne more and this is the last one in the country. My jaw droped, i then relized that cb7's are becoming more rare than ever and now is the time to start stocking up on origional dealer parts as much as possible because soon all well have is low quality aftermarket to choose from. I dont know about some of you guys but i love getting those bags and boxes with high quality parts in them and having the package read Genuine Honda parts on them as well as trying to keep my cb7 as origional as possible. Muscle car restoration type thing you know. so just wanted to share thatwith you all. thanks and please do reply and keep this going we need to keep cb7s alive man.

Sincerly, 92Inspire. aka joe
    Hey yo uhhhhhh fry man!!!!

i know how that feels...i have an aftermarket hood and front bumper and they suck...dont even fit right...ugh!!! but thats sad and here i see more and more people keeping them and fixing them up

JDMchristian991's fiance and better half
    and yes...im a FEMALE!!

Comment

I can still manage to get parts from my dealer. Although it might take a day or two. Living near their parts distribution centers help.
      DEVOTE

Comment

i noticed this a few months ago..when i was on the hunt for some OEM fogs.. when i joined back in 06?? you would see like 2 sets for sale atleast every 2 weeks..now..theyre close to non-exsistent

TYPE R Big Build thread 25,000+ VIEWS!!!http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123069
        I feel like BIG MEECH! LARRY HOOVER! whippin work! haileliuah one nation under god. REAL naggas gettin money from the freakin START!

Comment

um you know junkyards have a shit load of oem parts. you could check there.
          miss my turbo cb7
          moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93 View Post
            um you know junkyards have a shit load of oem parts. you could check there.

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

post a wanted ad.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

yeah i know how you feel, i need that small hydrolic pipe leading from the clutch dampner to the rubber hose. it's discontinued at Honda, and no one cand bend one right. the fittings are wrong and the length is too long.

Comment

Ebay... it's really not that bad

Originally posted by lordoja
                  im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                    Ebay... it's really not that bad

i don't mind having to buy stuff from Ebay so long as it's not from Taiwan.

i have never had any luck with anything made in Taiwan unless it was a food product.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
                      yeah i know how you feel, i need that small hydrolic pipe leading from the clutch dampner to the rubber hose. it's discontinued at Honda, and no one cand bend one right. the fittings are wrong and the length is too long.
                      Just get it in stainless flex hose. I have one and so does BoostLee.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                      JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Originally posted by djcaz_aom View Post
                        Just get it in stainless flex hose. I have one and so does BoostLee.

oh do tell me where i can get one of these.

we are talking about #14 in that diagram right?

Comment

i eliminated the damper altogether and run an earls an line from the master to the slave. it feels sooo much better than with the damper.

"Tucking tires and wires."
                          The Chronicles.

Comment

understandable that i can go to a junk yard and get parts but abviously u didnt read my thread very well. i dont have a problem doing that but for some of us that want new parts and like to restore them and keep them nice and somewhat new its very hard. and if youve ever done a blower motor in a cb7 it would be twice as hard in a junk yard. ne way keep this thread going guys, we need to start a movement lol. thanks for the replys everyone
                            Hey yo uhhhhhh fry man!!!!

Comment

lol Ive noticed that in the JYs. suff that I used to find like, fogs, armrests, flushmounts, ex are becoming rare as hell. & I vist many JYs. just last week every CB7 in browards largest JY had all the shifter cables for a M/T swap removed!

get ready to pay more for the rare stuff.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                              01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                              93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                              93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Working...
                              X