Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Removing trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing trim

Hello all, was just curious as to if I should remove my trim on the 92 CB7 coupe or leave it on? Would this be a waste of time or would it actually inprove the looks of the vehicle? I would also like to know if removing this could damage the body/certain way to remove it? I have never seen any accords without the trim. This question is conserning the black trim along the body.
    Last edited by ILLCB7; 04-16-2012, 11:51 AM.

painting the trim black will look better than removing the trim and leaving the clip mounting holes exposed.

Comment

Originally posted by marz_blackmon View Post
      painting the trim black will look better than removing the trim and leaving the clip mounting holes exposed.
      Yea, I did it on my Integra. Honestly it looks better without the trim,but I am not very knowledgeable about accords yet,and I don't want to make any mistakes on the vehicle lol

Comment

The trim pieces are clipped into the body. In order to do this without having holes down the side of the car you would have to weld or fill the holes and paint the car. It's not worth it unless you're already doing bodywork and painting the car. Also unless paired with other exterior touches, these cars typically look a lot better with trim than without. You would also still have the bumper trim which would look odd without side trim.

There are some members on here with shaved/removed side trim. I would search them for you but I'm pretty hungover and lazy right now lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bongo View Post
          The trim pieces are clipped into the body. In order to do this without having holes down the side of the car you would have to weld or fill the holes and paint the car. It's not worth it unless you're already doing bodywork and painting the car. Also unless paired with other exterior touches, these cars typically look a lot better with trim than without. You would also still have the bumper trim which would look odd without side trim.

There are some members on here with shaved/removed side trim. I would search them for you but I'm pretty hungover and lazy right now lol
          Ok lol, also is that trim on both bumpers removeable, or is it molded into the bumper?
          Last edited by ILLCB7; 04-16-2012, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ILLCB7 View Post
            Ok lol, also is that trim on both bumpers removeable, or is it molded into the bumper?
            It's part of the bumper and can't be removed

Comment

Originally posted by ILLCB7 View Post
              It can't technically be removed. You could sand it all down and smooth it out with filler but honestly for that to look good you would have to know how to smooth it out correctly. Otherwise it may come out bumpy and uneven.

Comment

Originally posted by beefyy View Post
                It's part of the bumper and can't be removed
                Originally posted by Bongo View Post
                It can't technically be removed. You could sand it all down and smooth it out with filler but honestly for that to look good you would have to know how to smooth it out correctly. Otherwise it may come out bumpy and uneven.
                Thanks guys for the info,but damn that sucks lol

Comment

Just paint it black. I think cars dont look right without the side moldings.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189897 MRT
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...09#post3003309 EF hatch build

Comment

Originally posted by redlined302 View Post
                    Just paint it black. I think cars dont look right without the side moldings.
                    Yea most likely that is what I will do.

Comment

Why don't you have them painted to match the car?

AmznAzn's CB7.
                      1990 Accord EX

Comment

try to find the JDM slim side molding. I personally think it looks pretty catchy. i think its about 99 bucks. I currently am looking for the side molding of that kind

Comment

I think that looks good painted the same as the car.. Might have to think about this before body and paint.
                          Last edited by DanCan; 04-22-2012, 09:06 AM.

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

Comment

CB7s look horrible with the moldings removed.

Leaving them on, swapping them for 9293 thinner style, JDM, EDM styles, or colour matching them is the best way to go IMO.

I made my own JDM style moldings. JDM moldings have a chrome strip built into them. Using my original 9091 moldings, I just added a small 1/8" chrome strip to them.

Only other person I've seen do this is Keepinitclean.

Last edited by crazymikey; 04-22-2012, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X