Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

v6 in 4th gen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v6 in 4th gen?

Can it be done? has it been done? ive been looking for pics vids and just basic info and all i can really find is hear say. does anyone know if its possible or if its been done? cost? materials? websites? pics? vids? if anyone can give me some info id really appreciate it. i just want to do some research on it to see how costly it is and if its worth it. i mean come on guys a twin turbo v6 cb7 how sweet would that be. Fing brutal man. pull up to a light and some guys thinks all you have is some sohc f22 or a h22 and to his suprise the only thing he gets to hear is your twin turbo blow off and see the fading Honda accord lx badges on your trunk.
    Last edited by 92Inspire; 06-25-2007, 10:30 PM.
    Hey yo uhhhhhh fry man!!!!

Its been done plently of times my friend..lol But sadly I cant say the exact engine cause im not too sure bout it... Keep searchin
    My Black "H"
    AL Meet!?

//Secret G2I Lover, Shhhhhhh! //

Comment

i found somthing right here on the site i googled and it came up sweet!!!. after reading that thread.................... screw it im going all out dude this is gonna happen im going for it. ill keep you guys updated pics hopefully vids on youtube. and please be patient cuz you all know this isnt going to be easy. anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by 92Inspire
        i found somthing right here on the site i googled and it came up sweet!!!. after reading that thread.................... screw it im going all out dude this is gonna happen im going for it. ill keep you guys updated pics hopefully vids on youtube. and please be patient cuz you all know this isnt going to be easy. anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.
        good to know...there are a bunch of CB7tuners that are seriously looking into this option...

check out this thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...2&page=1&pp=20

its the V6 collaboration at work
        DEVOTE

Comment

used 2.7 litre found for $995. just 80 billion more dollars and parts to go/ what the hell am i getting into. i wanted to find the 3 litre or 3.2 like the nsx but this will do. im not smoky nagata. ok im editing this cause i just came accross a problem i need to find a trans did the 2.7 come with 6speeds or what. could i use a nsx trans from like 91 up. if so i found one of those for cheap to. let me know when and what you can. thanks again im gonna do some more search and consume info. talk to you guys in like 5 years lol jk.
          Last edited by 92Inspire; 06-25-2007, 10:00 PM.

Comment

are you talking about the c27, dont get it. Its old honda technology . For about 500 more dollars you can get the much more potent and capable j series 3.2 or 3.5

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Yeah blechh on the C27A dude...yuk..
              J35A would be the way to go lol....But hey...If it;s cheap..??

Comment

ill check up on the 3.2 and 3.5 and see what kinda deal i can get. thanks guys this is the help i need. keep it coming. im gonna keep doing research befor i get to deep into buying stuff first.(EDIT) ok i found an acura 3.2 tl motor for the same price as the accord 2.7 $995 its 96-98 is the year. i still need info on the tranny guys id love to put a nsx....scratch that nsxs are rear wheel drive. what has a six speed that will fit.
                Last edited by 92Inspire; 06-26-2007, 10:02 AM.

Comment

cheapest ive found was a legend type 2 3.2 6 speed. its more than the damn engine. $1400

Comment

The C27 would probably be an easier swap, though... the 5th gen is much more similar to the 4th than the 7th gen is.

ex_style90, you say that it's been done as if it's as common as an H22 swap. I've NEVER seen a V6 CB Accord. I've seen one with a Chevy V8 in it, but that's about it.

I'm sure there are some out there... but the certainly aren't common, and there certainly aren't any members here with V6 swpas (yet )

I want to see it done. I'm sure it'll be tight, and there will be a good deal of fabrication involved... but it's far from impossible. You just have to do a lot of planning, a lot of trial and error, and spend a lot of money (It won't be cheap, unless you can do most of the work yourself).

A C27 would be a nice cheap way to start. Variants came in the Accord and the Legends. Granted, getting a C27 in there won't be any closer to having a J in there, but it'd be a complete V6 swap to say the least!

Comment

NSXs were rear wheel drive, but also mid-engine... I've always wondered if the NSX tranny could be made to power a FWD car... I mean, the engine is close to the drive wheels in both cars, afterall. (I have no idea how the NSX is set up though... not sure if there's still a driveshaft involved or not)

The Legend 6 speed would be the best option.

Hell, if you can get a Type 2 Legend with the 6 speed for $1400, BUY IT! That's a hell of a price if it's not thoroughly beat! Those things are sick

Comment

ive been thinking about it and the c27 is a bit smaller cause its from an accord. it would be nice to have that tl engine in there but i think its gonna be way more diffacult than a c27, a 5 speed trans will be just fine as well. i know if i put a 6 speed in id end up killing myself or going to jail for a long time cuz i dont plan on this being a stock v6 some cams crank maybe some pistons and of course twin turbo. 6 gears is to many for a 2300 pound car. besides i wanna keep it clean and make sure it will be a nice comfortable ride and not just some weekend driver that i have to do work to every time i come home. 2.7 or 3.2 both v6s and i mean damn its a 4th gen. anywho im going to the junk yard this weekend to see if i cant get some stuff to mess around with. keep the info and feedback coming god knows i need it.

Comment

good point on that about the nsx. im gonna do some research on that cuz i dont think hondas ever made a car with a drive shaft. could you imagin nsx cb7 hahahhaha. jk way to big of an engine and wayyyyyyyyyyyyy to costly, but 290 hp sounds nice for stock huh. ill check it out cuz that makes me wonder.

Comment

ok c32a sohc legends and the 96-98 tl came with it and was an option for the nsx. c32b dohc only for the nsx but if i can do a c32a why not a c32b with a type 2 legend trans. or the nsx trans if it will fit.
                            The C32A is a 3.2 L version. The SOHC depending on model year, produces 200 and 230 hp (175 kW).

Applications; North America Only:

C32A1 - SOHC USDM - 200 hp (150 kW)
                            1991-1995 Acura Legend sedan
                            1991-1992 Acura Legend coupe
                            C32A6 - SOHC USDM - 200 hp (150 kW)
                            1996-1998 Acura 3.2TL
                            C32A5 - SOHC USDM - 230 hp (170 kW) at 206 ft·lbf
                            1994-1995 Acura Legend GS sedan
                            1993-1995 Acura Legend LS coupe

There is also the C32B, a highly tuned DOHC version, used in the Honda NSX, which produces 290 hp (216 kW) and 224 lbf·ft (304 N·m).

Applications:

1997-2005 Honda NSX

The DOHC VTEC C30A is a 3.0 L version, producing 201 kW (270 bhp) and 285 N·m (210 ft·lbf) of torque. An advanced version of this engine exists (though not in a production form) that campaigned briefly in the 2004 Japanese SuperGT racing series (see All Japan Grand Touring Car Championship) by the factory-supported Team Honda Racing group in highly modified GT-spec NSXs. This engine has various upgrades and modifications by M-TEC (formerly Mugen) and is the first turbo-charged Honda engine used in the series (prior to 2003, the GT-spec NSXs used a highly advanced, naturally-aspirated variant of the C32B engine). Though the exact performance figures are kept secret, it's rumored to output more than 500 bhp.

Applications:

1991-1996 Honda NSX
                            Last edited by 92Inspire; 06-26-2007, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Honda made a few FR cars... All of the S roadsters. Not to mention every AWD vehicle they ever produced (so yes, there's a Civic with a driveshaft )

Comment

Working...
                              X