anybody running 2k watts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anybody running 2k watts?

anybody running 2000 watts or above? there 1000 rms total (2 12s)

and not with an aftermarket alt. or anything.... i have an oppurtunity to get a single 12 box but if i can run 2 of those i'll just get another box... btw this is with a 2000w amp

SOLD!

I was running about 2600wrms a few months ago on the stock alt...wouldn't recommend it, though...light dimmage was ridiculous...enough to kill the alt in a short time.

I definitely recommend a high output alt for that kind of power...stock just won't hold up under that kind of strain.

Comment

so you know if a capacitor would help? i have one and i could throw it on...

SOLD!

Comment

i am running 2 1500watt 12's with 2 1200 watt amps! but i have an optima red top, and a cap as well!

Comment

Originally posted by i.c.
          so you know if a capacitor would help? i have one and i could throw it on...

Caps do fuck all...sell it and buy a high output alternator.

Comment

Yea I have two caps and I'm gonna get rid of them soon. People don't realize, caps DAMPEN the load, i.e. spread it out...but the load is still there. If you go beyond the juice the caps have then you doubly fuck your alt...just some facts.

And as far as the 2000W system, I'm running ~880W RMS to two 12"s, but I really doubt I even come close to using the full power of the amp, as my old setup was just as loud and it dimmed the lights more with 900W RMS. But yea upgrade the alt. if you can, it's a good move.

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

get a high output alternator and a deep cycle battery (optima yellow tops are good) and then you should be set
              Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Optima Yellow top, 2200watts RMS, 2 Solo Baric L5's.

I get dimming but I have been running it for close to a year with no problem, i wont upgrade my alt til it blows, as my Accord is my play car and i can go without it for however long i need to.

Comment

ok dont mean to hijack your thread, but what is better for the subs and amps...the red top or optima yellow top battery?

Comment

Definitely the yellow top.

Comment

Originally posted by h22akkord23
                      ok dont mean to hijack your thread, but what is better for the subs and amps...the red top or optima yellow top battery?
                      Only matters if you listen to the stereo in the ignition-off postion for long periods of time. If the car is running, the battery doesn't power the vehicle's electrical components at all...unless voltage drops to ~12V.

Comment

noooo dont get a high output alt just get a bigger one or run two twins, Unless you dont mind the less then stock output at idle with the high output. Have fun in traffic and at red lights.

Comment

What do you mean bigger alternator? Like one off of another car? What would be compatible? Also how do you hook up dual alternators? I am wanting to run two 3600 watt amps and I don't know what I can do to keep it from killing the alternator or just shutting off. I searched on google for how to hook up two alternators but I couldn't find anything useful. I appreciate the help.

Comment

They make universal alternators with custom brackets...I think they have some high current ones on Ebay too.

Some BMWs come with 130A altis STOCK. :

Originally posted by lordoja
                            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                            X