No announcement yet.

INFO: OEM Security system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I correct in the BMW one having extra Ins/outs? Or are the buttons for the same features just separate buttons instead of one button for all the features?

I may try getting a new remote just to have it. Maybe from Majestic or something and see what happens.

Comment

The BMW unit supports trunk release. There may be others but I can't remember. I have two of the BMW units also so I'll see when I get home. There's a guy selling a BMW alarm on eBay right now that will give you a .pdf diagram with your order so you may want to ask him for one. That one, while it looks the same, is for the early E36 while both of mine came out of E34s. I didn't think there was much of a difference but he lists the compatabilities and the E34 isn't on there.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Hey guys! Well thanks to all the info on here I was able to get mine working! Super easy plug and play.

Last edited by ddcb7; 12-05-2014, 02:52 AM.

H22 cb7:
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=133482
        cb9:
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=187076
        dd cb7:
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203058

Comment

welcome to the club
          COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
            The BMW unit supports trunk release. There may be others but I can't remember. I have two of the BMW units also so I'll see when I get home. There's a guy selling a BMW alarm on eBay right now that will give you a .pdf diagram with your order so you may want to ask him for one. That one, while it looks the same, is for the early E36 while both of mine came out of E34s. I didn't think there was much of a difference but he lists the compatabilities and the E34 isn't on there.
            Hey everyone, I just pulled the entire alarm system out of an Accord in the junkyard (good thing I check junkyards even when I'm 400 miles away from home). I have the entire harness, brain, valet switches, antenna, everything except the fob! This particular box says Acura on it, although it appears to be identical to the Honda one.

My local junkyard used to have a box of fobs they accumulated over time that I checked out once and there a few there for this system, but of course this was 3 months ago and the box gets emptied to wholesalers.

I'm buying the fob online, and the box has a chip in it. I keep reading conflicting things. CAN THIS BOX LEARN FROM A SINGLE CHIP?

Can I take the chip out of the box, have it learn the chip, take it out, and place it into a remote to have a working system??

Also, Jarret, do you still have access to the remotes/chips? I'm very interested in a set.

My local dealers basically said tough luck, too old.

Comment

not sure about the programming but tell your dealer to go to hell. you just need them to call vintage parts with the remote part number. lazy fucks
              COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by jay92889 View Post
                Hey everyone, I just pulled the entire alarm system out of an Accord in the junkyard (good thing I check junkyards even when I'm 400 miles away from home). I have the entire harness, brain, valet switches, antenna, everything except the fob! This particular box says Acura on it, although it appears to be identical to the Honda one.

My local junkyard used to have a box of fobs they accumulated over time that I checked out once and there a few there for this system, but of course this was 3 months ago and the box gets emptied to wholesalers.

I'm buying the fob online, and the box has a chip in it. I keep reading conflicting things. CAN THIS BOX LEARN FROM A SINGLE CHIP?

Can I take the chip out of the box, have it learn the chip, take it out, and place it into a remote to have a working system??

Also, Jarret, do you still have access to the remotes/chips? I'm very interested in a set.

My local dealers basically said tough luck, too old.
                If your serious about getting it work just read this entire post. DunKrS tells you exactly how to get it working. There's no getting the fobs from honda anymore. Not even chips. You only need the chip that came with your brain.

H22 cb7:
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=133482
                cb9:
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=187076
                dd cb7:
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203058

Comment

I'm so jealous

Comment

Originally posted by ddcb7 View Post
                    There's no getting the fobs from honda anymore. Not even chips.
                    ive been able to get 1 every time i needed one.
                    COUPE K24

Comment

You only need one chip to make this work. pull the cover on the security module and put the chip you intend to use in, turn key to II or "run" and hold the little button next to the chip slot down until the led on the column flashes twice. turn the key off, pull the chip out of the module and put it in your remote. Boom job done. crack a cold one and decide if you wanna be the guy who's car honks or if you just want your lights to flash when you lock and unlock your car. you just can't use more than one remote unless you have matching chips because the module can only be programmed to one chip. but I only needed one remote idk about you.

Comment

so does anyone have a run through on installing this into a car that didnt originally have it? DDcb7, you said it was plug and play, but is that with the junkyard harness aswell?

Cheers.
                        sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

Comment

The harness is designed to incorporate itself into the factory main cabin harnesses by tapping into OEM commectors like a jumper harness.
                          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Thanks Jarrett!
                            sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

Comment

Once I get back to my house this week I'll send you a couple of pictures of some of the main connectors.

Are you asking for general curiosity, or because of how this applies to your wagon? Because I think the wagon is very different.

Comment

wagon is part of the cabin harness.

the coupe/sedan system can be added. its just plug and play.
                                COUPE K24

Comment

Working...
                                X