REVIEW: A year after owning my Nissan 350z

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

REVIEW: A year after owning my Nissan 350z

Well guys, It'll be a year in about two weeks or so. I'd figure I'd write this up and share it with you guys. My opinions are based on owning this car for a year, and all of my trials and tribulations with it. lol.

Performance: This is where the Z gets most of its Kudos. In stock form, its a beast (for its price). with approximately 300 hp to the crank, all of them N/A. It is a BLAST to drive. The tone is aggressive, Acceleration is impressive and handling is on par with its class(which is great considering this thing is a
    fatty!) You can find these things for nearly 11K, for the price, its AMAZING performance.

Build Quality: When QUALITY is concerned, the interior could have been MUCH better. MY Z does not rattle, but I have heard stories of others. I find the interior quality average, but it could have been better, and to some.. a pet peeve. Mechanically, the Z is SOLID. It seems like you could fire a 12 gauge
    at the VQ and it would take it. Trust me, for the past year, this thing has seen some abuse.

Appearance: Despite the interior's "sub par" quality, its neatly arranged and very comfortable. Everything is in good reaching distance and it fits One and a Half adults comfortably. I kid. If your not taller than 5'11, its very Comfortable. On the outside, I find the Z fairly attractive. I'm more of an 80's
    square (ala DeLorean, Celica-Surpra, Starion, 300zx"; although it does capture the Z-Car essence fairly well. Short, squat and mean. Its not GORGEOUS, but its DEFINITELY eye catching. Toss in the rare brickyard color option that I have, and you'll get tons of compliments.

Cost of Ownership: For what it is and what it can do, gas millage is very pleasant. I get approximately 24
    MPG if i don't drive like a fugitive. Which I hardly refrain from. Romping on it everywhere, I get a solid 20
    MPG (or so my onboard computer tells me) Maintenence is O.K. Fortunately the Z is quite reliable, so no
    major repairs have been needed. Just the usual, $40 synthetic oil change with filter.

Fun Factor: The 350Z is a pure touring car. Nothing more and certainly nothing less. I think its perfect for the spirited "Sunday Driver" with daily driven capabilities. Get a spare set of stock wheels and some sticky tires, and you have an instant, RELIABLE, weekend AutoX(or canyon run) car. It may be heavy, but damn it- its pretty quick.

Over All: Like I said. Its a touring car. Don't expect it to outperform a 911, a Louts Elise etc etc. For what it is, what it can do, and for those who cant afford A 911, and don't want to look cheap buying a Boxer.
    Its Amazing.

8.5/10

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Originally posted by lil_dcb7 View Post

Build Quality: When QUALITY is concerned, the interior could have been MUCH better. MY Z does not rattle, but I have heard stories of others. I find the interior quality average, but it could have been better, and to some.. a pet peeve. Mechanically, the Z is SOLID. It seems like you could fire a 12 gauge
    at the VQ and it would take it. Trust me, for the past year, this thing has seen some abuse.
    From all the reviews I've read it seems the interior quality is the only downside of the 350z, wonder if they improved that with the new model
    ____

Comment

good right up man, i'm selling the cb and buying another car in or around march, so ill definately consider these. hopefully the price will drop more since the release of the 370z. but thanks for the first hand info

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
        From all the reviews I've read it seems the interior quality is the only downside of the 350z, wonder if they improved that with the new model
        I've test driven a 370z. And the interior is LEAPS AND BOUNDS from the 350z. Its VERY good.

But if you dont have the navigation option, you still get that USELESS cubby hole in the middle of the dash. NOTHING fits there unless you want to custom mount a monitor or something.

Originally posted by wvcb7 View Post
        good right up man, i'm selling the cb and buying another car in or around march, so ill definately consider these. hopefully the price will drop more since the release of the 370z. but thanks for the first hand info
        Good luck! They nice cars.

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Comment

I must admit when the cars first came out they were everywhere however im really starting to like them alot and im thinking about getting one...i appreciate the beakdown danny...
          accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
          ....................My New Baby
          SOLD TO
          ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Nice review man. How is the stereo

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

I love the exhaust note on those. They sound very good. It looks like the interior issue has been addresed a lil with the new Z

Comment

thanks for the review. im keeping all this in mind since im considering a 370z

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                11.68 @ 127mph
                417whp/375wtq
                Sold: 8/2016

Comment

have you raced any 'comparable' cars any in its class? and how did it fare?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                  "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                  "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Aww Schist!

Hows the quality or interiors compare between the G35 and Z?
                    wat?

Comment

The 350z is a very fun car to drive IMO. That VQ35 is a damn fine engine and I'm planning to swap one into my Maxima. The only thing I really hate about the 350z is that you can barely see out the sides of the rear of the car, especially when you're tall.

"The fault-finder will find faults even in paradise. Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse."-Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                        Nice review man. How is the stereo
                        Its actually really decent! It was one of those little small assed details that caught me by suprise. The first time i really cranked it, I was impressed. It doesnt bump like two 12" JL's or anything, but for being stock, it sounded very awesome. Very even. Theres no distortion while at max. Good bass, and good highs.

Originally posted by starchland View Post
                        have you raced any 'comparable' cars any in its class? and how did it fare?
                        I've gone against a few. I prefer canyon running rather than highway pulls.

So far, I've gone against(comparable cars listed only, im not going to list any civics or my friends 240's )

03-ish bmw 335. Roll from 50. SPANKED IT. Twice.

1997 BMW Z3 2.8. roll from about 20 getting onto the freeway. The 350Z pulled like a bat out of hell away from the bmw. Roll from 50-ish. Walked him with ease.

2005ish Mustang GT with a VERY loud exhaust. I couldnt believe how fast i pulled away from him. roll from about 50ish.

I got NAILED on by an LS1 Camaro. lol

I was slowly walked by an evo 8.

walked an SRT-4.

Thats it for now..

As for canyon running. we'll, I'd have to get a video...

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
                          Aww Schist!

Hows the quality or interiors compare between the G35 and Z?
                          I've been in the G coupe a few times. and I've driven one. Its definitely a slug. Its pretty fucking slow. lol.

And for the price and even what they go for now used, I'd expect the interior to be much better. Its better than the Z's. But still not at all luxurious.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_dcb7 View Post
                            I've been in the G coupe a few times. and I've driven one. Its definitely a slug. Its pretty fucking slow. lol.

a friend of mine had a Z and moved on to a G, said it was the other way around.. what year was the G that you drove? there's a 37hp difference between the 03-04 and 05-06.

Comment

Originally posted by casterX View Post
                              a friend of mine had a Z and moved on to a G, said it was the other way around.. what year was the G that you drove? there's a 37hp difference between the 03-04 and 05-06.
                              well, it was an 03 with close to 80K

Comment

Working...
                              X