Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

power windows driving me crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

power windows driving me crazy

So the only window in my wagon that will go up and down without a problem is the rear right side. Both front try to work correctly but quickly end up crooked or off track. Rear left wont do anything. Is this as simple as just replacing the regulators/motors or is there something else that I can do? I greased them all up with little added benefit.

So every bodies windows work great?

Comment

I just used the search function and found the real old thread pertaining to the window pin for my coupe

give it a shot

98% of the problem we face with our cars has been written about already
      http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

My windows had the same problem, the glass was just loose, I tighten it and it works great now
        My MRT

Comment

I just replaced both of the rear window regulators in my sedan. They work great now. If you do replace the regulators, be sure to clean and lubricate the window run channels while you have the window out (though it is not necessary to have the window out to lubricate them, it makes it easier). You can use silicone grease, white lithium grease or powdered graphite. I have heard that silicone will remove the tint though. It is what I used, but I don't have tint.

345,000 miles and counting...

Comment

im scared to pop the door plastics off and break the tabs that hold them on. is there a best way to minimize the chance of breaking the tabs?

Comment

Originally posted by kayelemenohpee View Post
              im scared to pop the door plastics off and break the tabs that hold them on. is there a best way to minimize the chance of breaking the tabs?
              I have had my door panels off countless times without breaking the plastic retainers. Pull straight away from the door. You can get a forked tool that will fit behind the base of each clip to pry it away from the door. On your tripss to the JY, grab a few extra clips in case one breaks.
              90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
              08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Thanks. Yea I have run into a few issues with my windows. It appears a notorious problem with these cars is the rubber track gasket in the corner gets deformed making the glass do funny things. Mainly on the drivers door, probably because it sees the most use. Also the window frame on the door is a bit bent due to previous owner trying to unlock car when he left keys inside. I guess that happens after a while sticking a wedge in the door frame. Great idea about tightening the window. Was the bolts holding the window on the regulator the ones that were loose? My window has about an inch of play, so I am thinking this is probably the problem. Did you have to take the window and regulator out to tighten it?

Comment

Originally posted by Speach View Post
                  Thanks. Yea I have run into a few issues with my windows. It appears a notorious problem with these cars is the rubber track gasket in the corner gets deformed making the glass do funny things. Mainly on the drivers door, probably because it sees the most use. Also the window frame on the door is a bit bent due to previous owner trying to unlock car when he left keys inside. I guess that happens after a while sticking a wedge in the door frame. Great idea about tightening the window. Was the bolts holding the window on the regulator the ones that were loose? My window has about an inch of play, so I am thinking this is probably the problem. Did you have to take the window and regulator out to tighten it?
                  yea i was curious about that too?

Comment

You dont need to take out the regulator. You can acces all the bolts when you take off the door panel, you just need to connect the switch so you can move the window up and down to allign the bolts with the holes on the door

Comment

If the seal is bunched up in the corner by the mirror, pull the lower part of the seal out of the track and slide it down to the proper position. Use a little spray adhesive on the metal track to help hold the seal in place and prevent it from sliding up again.
                      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Great idea. DUH! I found a much nicer track gasket so if I do what your saying it should fix that part of the problem. When your talking about tightening it up, are you talking about the reg to the door or the glass to the reg?

Comment

Got some new used regulators recently. Installed the front ones and that helped a bit. None of the bolts were loose so thats not the problem with my windows. I just need new motors and need to spray adhesive on the rubber window channel so it will stay in place. Just for anyone who was wondering there are two bolts, one on each side that hold the windows to the regulator top.

Comment

Working...
                          X