Original underhood grounds question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original underhood grounds question

I知 pretty sure some of my motor grounds might be in the wrong spots or maybe missing. Also my negative battery cable I知 sure is grounded in the wrong spot also. The motor is an f22a6. Does any body have info, a diagram or pics of the underhood ground locations including the battery negative cable?
    5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Originally posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
    I知 pretty sure some of my motor grounds might be in the wrong spots or maybe missing. Also my negative battery cable I知 sure is grounded in the wrong spot also. The motor is an f22a6. Does any body have info, a diagram or pics of the underhood ground locations including the battery negative cable?
    Go buy a manual for diagrams. Although they don't really show the physical diagram. You're looking for the battery ground, as well as the transmission ground. Also check thermostat ground wire.

Comment

The main battery ground cable has a short length that bolts to the body to the right of the battery; that larger portion of the cable bolts to a flange/tab on the bottom front of the transmission housing. There is a small wire from the harness near the distributor that bolts to the bottom of the thermostat housing. There is a small wire from the left front of the valve cover that goes over to the shock tower (maybe an intermediate connection on the power steering bracket?).
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Thanks guys. I got the valve cover ground in place. I知 going to check on the thermostat one.
        Fleetwood, I saw at a pap the battery negative ground spot on an automatic. It痴 just like what you池e describing. But is it the same for manual transmissions?

~Mark~

Comment

This is the service manual diagram. It appears to omit the thermostat housing connection.

http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

That’s because that ground is not considered a body ground. The thermostat ground is for the engine harness only. You will still have power to the car harness without the thermostat ground, but you obviously won’t be able to start your car without it.
            ~Nick~
            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

I hit a couple paps today. Got the bracket that mounts to the tranny for my battery ground cable. I知 going to check my thermostat housing on the other. I saw where it bolts up on a pap car. This will help correct a few outta place things under my hood.

~Mark~

Comment

Working...
              X