INT: Blower motor removal and installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INT: Blower motor removal and installation

It's been a super long time since I've posted any videos, let alone any here.
    So, sit back and enjoy and know that if this happens to you; it's not all the difficult.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If7iF2JybLE

MRT
    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
    Originally posted by Tippey764
    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
    Originally posted by deevergote
    sneaky motherfucker

awesome, thanks for taking the time to do this. its on my to do list, well first test the switch and relay and resistor but im guessing the blower crapped out.

Comment

Well, the resistor is pretty well in there and attached to the blower motor box/assembly. Once you have it out, you might as well check everything.

My resistor worked, but it was out of spec. A new one was (iirc) like $20, so I figured hey what the heck.

Replaced it and all is well. I actually had to turn the heat down on the way to work!

Granted, this was about a month ago, when it was super cold. Now it's heat in the morning, windows down in the afternoon weather.
      MRT
      37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
      30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
      27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
      Originally posted by Tippey764
      I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
      Originally posted by deevergote
      sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffM View Post
        Well, the resistor is pretty well in there and attached to the blower motor box/assembly. Once you have it out, you might as well check everything.

My resistor worked, but it was out of spec. A new one was (iirc) like $20, so I figured hey what the heck.

Replaced it and all is well. I actually had to turn the heat down on the way to work!

Granted, this was about a month ago, when it was super cold. Now it's heat in the morning, windows down in the afternoon weather.

I figured i could test it thru the plugs, and the other things are easy enough to get to before tearing into stuff. I wonder if the resistor being out of spec was the demise of the blower motor. when i finally got the car running the blower was super weak even on max then like the 3rd time i turned it on it didnt even turn on that time..i may procrastinate till its cool again lol or bang it out while its still crisp most of the morning.

Comment

Working...
        X