Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Detroit abandoned?

whats really happening with Detroit?
    iv seen pictures here and there and the odd bit of info and from what i can work out detroit is basically a ghost city now.

its really hard to gauge from the other side of the world so thought i would hit you guys up seeing that you live in the states any ways lol.

i love mysterious and creepy things and
    this is what got my interest to explore further then i remembered hearing about Detroit...http://seriouslyforreal.com/amazing-...ndoned-cities/

“I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don’t let someone else write the book.”
    — Mighty Car Mods

Detroit has been like that for a while I think

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
    It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Metro Detroit has a population of 3.7 million in 1337 square miles. It also has 2.5 times the people in my entire state. And Idaho isn't a small state.
      '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Looking at Wikipedia, Detroit Metro itself has almost the same population of your country. In an area that takes less than an hour to drive across.

Comment

Camden, NJ is no different. Half of that city has burned down... and the residents all moved into my hometown.

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
            Metro Detroit has a population of 3.7 million in 1337 square miles. It also has 2.5 times the people in my entire state. And Idaho isn't a small state.
            Originally posted by domesticated View Post
            Looking at Wikipedia, Detroit Metro itself has almost the same population of your country. In an area that takes less than an hour to drive across.
            Anywhere in Southeast Michigan can be considered metro Detroit.

Actual Detroit is a shit ville.

OP:
            Google maps, and use street view. Look up "Hardcore Pawn". It's at the intersection of M10, Greenfield, and 8 mile.

Look all around there. You'll see what they're talking about.

If you have any special requests, I might be able to help you. But, I'm not kidding that it's shit ville.
            It's also spring, which means all the criminals are coming out of winter hiding.
            Crime jumps 25% in the spring.
            MRT
            37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
            30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
            27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
            Originally posted by Tippey764
            I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
            Originally posted by deevergote
            sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffM View Post
              Anywhere in Southeast Michigan can be considered metro Detroit.

Actual Detroit is a shit ville.

OP:
              Google maps, and use street view. Look up "Hardcore Pawn". It's at the intersection of M10, Greenfield, and 8 mile.

Look all around there. You'll see what they're talking about.

If you have any special requests, I might be able to help you. But, I'm not kidding that it's shit ville.
              It's also spring, which means all the criminals are coming out of winter hiding.
              Crime jumps 25% in the spring.
              wow.
              im interested in any info to do with the down fall or abandonment of once great cities...its just so fascinating i mean Detroit was called motor city for a reason and reading some of the history it had a lot of achievements so what happened?

“I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don’t let someone else write the book.”
              — Mighty Car Mods

Comment

When I moved from Ontario to Alberta, I drove through Detroit. What a scary, depressing run down place that was. Before I even got to the end of the border crossing lane, there were 3 homeless people asking for money.

It's a real shame, because the rest of Michigan itself is quite nice.

Comment

I don't find any of it scary or depressing. It's like modern ruins. The city is back on the rise. I see a lot of it as inspirational and beautiful. I really enjoy driving through the neighborhoods. There are many places around the world that have ruins. It doesn't have to be purely bad, it just depends on how you look at it.

http://zfein.com/photography/detroit/

Comment

I bet Robocop 2014 will be even more exciting the whole city looks like a soundstage from one of the other originals. However pretty lame Hollywood is on a rehash old block busters kick. Just think how much better Jessica Rabbit would look if they do (and probably will) that one again.. Or The Never Ending Story..

And if I recall correctly a buncha foreign companies are pumping money in and buying up gobs of property for pennies on the dollar. Chinese and German.. eh

If I had the money Id buy up one of those bigass abondened steel mills or factories or an old school and put a loft in it and live above my shop/lab..have a nice garden on the roof..barbed wire..auto cannons..yeah..Detroit rocks!

Comment

Originally posted by Madpol View Post
                      wow.
                      im interested in any info to do with the down fall or abandonment of once great cities...its just so fascinating i mean Detroit was called motor city for a reason and reading some of the history it had a lot of achievements so what happened?
                      its like any town/city with big industry. The town swells and once those factories close up the towns become a scourge haven. Like Rantoul iLL, old airforce base, Danville..I think Chevy's transmission plant was there like 20 years ago. Both are now shit holes.. Detroit had the big car manufacturers now that those have shrunk the citys a dead husk of its once bustling glory

Comment

its so strange to see and think about to me. this abandoned city stuff really intrigues me too. idk, its something about the place once being filled with people and activity and now theyre all decayed and just overgrown. its weird to me. and why is detroit being abandoned?

Originally posted by scudweiser
                        i farted while i was getting head once, i was drunk.

Comment

Originally posted by 1993 CB7 LX View Post
                          its so strange to see and think about to me. this abandoned city stuff really intrigues me too. idk, its something about the place once being filled with people and activity and now theyre all decayed and just overgrown. its weird to me. and why is detroit being abandoned?
                          you might like the documentaries about a little town outside of chernobyl. Everyone split in like 30 mins and left everything as is. Whats amazing is how nature has reclaimed it. Animals thrive (since no humans are allowed within like 2Km's) No mutations, but these giant carp that live in the cooling ponds that the eagles eat have enough radiation in their skeletons to kill a man in a day. Its eerie when they show inside the schools and apartments. Everything sitting as if the owners will return any minute to blow off 30 years of accumulated dust. Detroit will eventually make a come back.

Comment

My favorite abandoned structure is this.

I would love to see Chernobyl.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                            1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                            2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                            2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                            2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                            2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
                              you might like the documentaries about a little town outside of chernobyl. Everyone split in like 30 mins and left everything as is. Whats amazing is how nature has reclaimed it. Animals thrive (since no humans are allowed within like 2Km's) No mutations, but these giant carp that live in the cooling ponds that the eagles eat have enough radiation in their skeletons to kill a man in a day. Its eerie when they show inside the schools and apartments. Everything sitting as if the owners will return any minute to blow off 30 years of accumulated dust. Detroit will eventually make a come back.
                              pripyat is the first abandoned city that ive really looked into. ive seen hundreds of pictures and read what happened a handful of times. its just so eerie

and explodingcake, is that a submarine?

Originally posted by scudweiser
                              i farted while i was getting head once, i was drunk.

Comment

Working...
                              X