guages windows and clock not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

guages windows and clock not working

Ok so here is my problem. I was driving to work one morning and I noticed my gauges and clock had stopped working then later that day I realized my windows were no longer working. I am pretty sure its a short but I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and how they fixed it. any help would be appreciated.

i have this same problem. haven't found out what it is yet and have bought a multimeter to help find it. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

TypeG, I have a multimeter you can use, pm me.

riotstarter1992: It's not a short or you would've blown fuses. Have you check the wiring diagram here on the forums?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Not yet, people have been telling me it could most likely be a bad ground. I just haven't had any time to check it out and as far as the gauges go I am pretty sure there is a burnt spot on the back of the board, so I'm going to swap in 1 from my other car and see if that fixes the gauge problem. I will let you guys know.

Comment

probably the ground under the ds seat.
          COUPE K24

Comment

THERE IS A GROUND UNDER THE DRIVERS SEAT!?!? I did not know that. I guess I will have to check it tomorrow. My car also wont start with the key anymore, but it will start if you jump the starter.
            Last edited by riotstarter1992; 01-06-2014, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Bump because I really need this problem figured out. Please help somebody!!!

Comment

I figured out most of it. It turns out the windows, rear window defroster, gauges and low setting on the wiper are all on one fuse that I missed when I was checking threw them. I still haven't fixed the dash lights yet but I think its the dimmer switch. As for the key, it is a bad relay that I just jumped or temporary. Thanks for all the help guys I am greatful for it.

Comment

After some probing with a multi-meter, I have determined my fuse box has gone bad. later.
                  Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Whoa...have you opened a CB fuse box? It's nothing but copper bus bars and plastic insulation. That's really different.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
                    X