bad valvetrain noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bad valvetrain noise

on monday i was driving going about 7o mph. its started to overheat with massive head noise and started stalling. I had it towed.

I checked valve lash. i had none. it was lifter to valve no clearance. i adj all valves per spec and fired it. doesnt idle well and valvetrain noise is bad.

im wondering why and what it is??

any ideas? fluids are fine.
    always out numbered never out gunned..

Hmm if the lash was too tight and not letting the valves close, they never get a chance to transfer their heat to the head and have a good chance of being bent/burnt.

Comment

i was thinking that, but wanted other opinions. the oil light flickers also...

Comment

one thing. is the idle sometimes is ok. if I blip the gas it gets rough.

Comment

And there is still coolant in it? There's a chance when it overheated you warped the head.

Comment

still coolant... i should fire it and have the cap off... but still. no smoke out back. it sits at normal op temp.. just sounds like a diesel and has a interesting idle once revved.

Comment

probably beat the valve seat which makes the valve sit higher in the head and closes your valve lash.

also probably lose compression from the valve not seating.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

what engine do you have f22 or h22.

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Comment

If you have an h22 check the (#19) timing belt adjuster bolt and the(#23) AUTOMATIC ADJUSTER. some times thay fail and sound like valve noise.

If you have an f22 check the timing belt adjuster nut (#26) that it has not come loose

Last edited by vh22accord; 04-19-2009, 11:43 AM.

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Comment

Working...
                  X