No announcement yet.

F20b DOHC swap in a cb parts list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F20B pistons are 85mm. And ninjaranger, I never said that an H22A4 block guard would fit. It may or it may not. If I were you I would research real-world use of a block guard. I don't mean to imply that they are worthless, but if you're just asking around which one fits then I fear that you don't really know much about them. They are not simply something that you tap in with your dead-blow hammer willy-nilly in the driveway.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

and see Jerrat thats where your misconceptions are wrong. i know very much the implications of a block guard.. the machine shop that has my engine now is going to weld it in once i gathered much more information as to if the f series one fits. i also have the block being machined to accept my set of bisi-spec 86mm forged pistons.... believe me ive done my research as best as i could so i was simply asking since this is one of the few areas ive come across that is a bit hazy for me. thus i come here asking the ppl i thought would be able to help...
      But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them--yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me

Comment

Originally posted by ninjaranger84 View Post
        and see Jerrat thats where your misconceptions are wrong. i know very much the implications of a block guard.. the machine shop that has my engine now is going to weld it in once i gathered much more information as to if the f series one fits. i also have the block being machined to accept my set of bisi-spec 86mm forged pistons.... believe me ive done my research as best as i could so i was simply asking since this is one of the few areas ive come across that is a bit hazy for me. thus i come here asking the ppl i thought would be able to help...
        what set up are you running man?

personally i see block guard as a short cut really, rather spend the extra money for a resleeve and extra peace of mind.
        Accord SE

93se
        Members Ride
        Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
        Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

It's a short cut but it CAN BE an effective one. Certain conditions must be met, though. The cylinders will be stressed in a manner they were not intended to be and installation of the block guard will need to be done by a very competent shop.

ninjaranger, I have a bare F20B block I can take very accurate measurements from and if someone on here has the same access to an H22A4 block(or other '97+ JDM/EDM H22A) then we can compare meausrements. Let me know.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Alright so back to the ecu chips from the two company's I mentioned. I have had my Phearable.net chip in since I ordered it and it works flawlessly CEL shift light, launch control, revlimter, and a very nice and smooth vtec cross over, good MPG all around good base map. BUT when it comes to emissions you will not pass with that chip no matter what you do. It could be because I deleted all my emissions IDK but all the little tricks wouldn't work. A gallon of e85, unplugging a injector, adding rubbing alcohol to the tank nothing. So I put the HAmotorsports chip in and the car runs shitty like at 6 grand it feels like something is holding you back but with that chip I passed emissions with flying colors no tricks or anything. And all my readings drop really really low. So just a heads up to anybody who has to go through emissions who is looking into getting when of those ecu's

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

a small detail i found out was i ended up using the f22 crank pully cause it has four grooves and the f20b has 5 and it was causing a problem with the alt belt and alignment but the f22a's works perfect.
              Accord SE

93se
              Members Ride
              Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak

Comment

just curious can you all tell me what engine wiring harness is the easiest to use

Comment

As is the case with nearly any F/H swap the one that came from your car. At least that's the easiest answer. That would, of course, entail you modifying it a bit to add certain things to it.

Or, if you don't have an EX/SE Accord that has IABS then you could get the closest thing to your body style Accord that does. For instance, if you have a '92 DX with a 5-speed then any '92-'93 EX 5-speed engine harness would be perfect. You'll still have to add some wires, but the IAB is already there, at least.

Comment

thats what i figured i do in fact have the 92 ex manual harness so the only wires that would really need to be wired in would be the vtech....
                    also im take a guess and say that the axles are the same.. like in most f/h swaps

Comment

once its been converted to obd1 its practically a h22 swap tranny axles wiring everything.
                      Last edited by TracieS; 10-14-2012, 09:28 PM.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

You mean OBD1, right?

Comment

yea long day at work and to many bud lights.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

FYI: pherable tuning doesnt have IAB's on their computers. but it can be added later, which im going to do so the bottom end isnt bogging as much, just gotta save money for a tune. lol. and for the other build im doing, and for a 77 240 datsun lol.
                            Accord SE

93se
                            Members Ride

Comment

There's no such thing as a '77 Datsun 240Z.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                                There's no such thing as a '77 Datsun 240Z.
                                ur right a 77 would be a 280, im not exactly sure what year it is, but its either 240 of 280 datsun.
                                Accord SE

93se
                                Members Ride

Comment

Working...
                                X