Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

First CB7, new here. Hello from VT!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes!!! She is a clean car, and I love her dearly, she does need a little work, but not much at all. Replaced my passenger side inside door handle today. I would post a pic, but figured we all know what they look like lol. Now i'm going to check out some more of your cars!!!
    For the love of god, STOP putting H.I.D's in stock housings!!! Projectors ONLY!!!

Comment

just a few more pic's. Its -40* here in Vermont right now, so I cant do much for the old CB. Just keeping her clean, and oil changed. Still battling with the ignition timing issue. I do a base idle to a perfect 700rpm, then set base timing at 15* BTDC, which is having me turn the dizzy almost all the way to the right. Reset the ecu , remove the jumper from service connecter. Drive around for the day (88 miles for work a day) and then check timing again. With service connecter NOT jumped it wants me to have the dizzy more centered, but in base timing mode like I was saying it wants it turned to the right. What the hell is that all about? Car feels ok...but not as powerful as I feel it should be, I know somethings up. I've had several of my technician friends look at cam timing and the belt and everything is lined up, and the belt has good tension. So I'm at a huge loss on what it could be. Because from my understanding most if not all HONDA distributors want to be more centered , correct?

Got lots in store for spring/summer. I've been toying with the idea of having everything the same color, no black side moldings and no black on the bumper and painting the grill the same color as the car. The only 2 honda guys in my town dont like that idea, what do you think? really want the "GOLD KIT" for the car too. I really wish honda had an option to have the chrome window trims etc in gold as well.

Oh, and for you old timers, remember back in the day, 2002-2005 APC made projector headlights for these cars? I remember you could walk right into Advanced auto parts and pick them up right off the shelf. I havent been able to find them on-line, and for some reason APC doesnt seem to have a website? I really like their lights as they are basically stock, glass, and with the obvious projector, cheap too. The shit I'm seeing for our cars now just look horrible and crappy. I dont want to do a jdm one piece because I actually am wanting amber corners and think its a good look on my color car. good contrast.
      Last edited by 802cb7; 01-07-2015, 10:46 PM.
      For the love of god, STOP putting H.I.D's in stock housings!!! Projectors ONLY!!!

Comment

Your mechanical timing could be off by a tooth at the cam. I got my cb7 for super cheap because the previous two owners couldn't figure out that someone had replaced the water pump and installed the t-belt wrong. Mine was off two teeth and wouldn't rev past 4k and had no power at all. With your symptoms it may only be one tooth off which could easily be overlooked.

Comment

And yeah our dizzy is usually close to centered. When my cam timing was off I could not advance the dizzy anywhere close to enough.

Comment

Where in NH did you end up picking it up? That is SUPER clean.

A good friend of mine found a 91 SE with 80k miles with no rust. Sat in a garage most of it's life.

Where in VT are you located? There's a few us down in the Southern NH area.
            Henry R
            Koni/Neuspeed
            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
            1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
            Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
            made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
              Where in NH did you end up picking it up? That is SUPER clean.

A good friend of mine found a 91 SE with 80k miles with no rust. Sat in a garage most of it's life.

Where in VT are you located? There's a few us down in the Southern NH area.

It was a private sale in hinneker <sp? Good score on the SE!!! I would love to find a low mileage CB someday, and start a fleet of these!!! I'm in central VT, about 45 minutes from west lebanon NH. You guys ever cruise around down there?

Comment

Henniker, next town over from mine. Funny thing, just picked up my 86 Saab from the auction house today, has a henniker sticker on it.

I've been to West Leb maybe once or twice ever. Mostly hang out around here, Manchester area.
                1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

This right here is my Coupe twin lol (Colour-wise). Very clean. Its very rare to see a stock-Clean car nowadays. Keep it Classy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                    Henniker, next town over from mine. Funny thing, just picked up my 86 Saab from the auction house today, has a henniker sticker on it.

I've been to West Leb maybe once or twice ever. Mostly hang out around here, Manchester area.
                    I'm down for a meet in the manchester area, I've got a few people in my town that would go. Funny thing about the SAAB. I'm also a big fan, had a 1988 900, and a 1997 Cs that I converted to a cse. I collect saab stuff, yet no longer own a saab

Comment

Originally posted by P_Sean View Post
                      This right here is my Coupe twin lol (Colour-wise). Very clean. Its very rare to see a stock-Clean car nowadays. Keep it Classy!!!

Yeah, I've noticed that clean stock cars are getting more attention than modified ones lol. I've always been a fan of OEM+, and really dont have huge plans to heavily mod the car. A few things here and there, factory stuff mostly, etc, maybe an H22 in the future after i get sick of the F, which really in my opinion isnt that bad, and yes, I WILL keep it classy!!!

Comment

Still nothing exciting to report . Still need to file my taxes and get my return However , I did grab a full set of tan cd floormats, and a set of front rubber mats that say accord on them from the junk yard. Took them into work and cleaned them up really nice. Found a really nice set of fog lights for 9293 too. I may grab them , the harness, and switch just to sell them. I now also have a really nice leather owners manual book with white stitching, says honda on the front. Pulled that from a 2009 honda civic. I'll take pictures of what I got , just to add more pictures lol, because everyone likes pictures. Also, maybe someone can help me out with this? I've been wheel shopping , and am having a hell of a time deciding on what to get. I will be dropping the car, but not slamming it, or going for a stance thing or anything. I prefer function, and drivability . But I cant decide on 15", or 16" !!! I know I want some xxr's which I think look great on CB's, but cant decide on which style. Anyone running xxr's? Or, if someone could add a link to a good wheel tread?

Comment

Get those foglights! And get them complete, brackets, harness, switch and all fasteners. A complete set is worth good money on here
                          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

For over 200K, this thing is right.
                            The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
                              For over 200K, this thing is right.

Thanks man! I've checked out yours as well, and the video's . I'm at 218,000 now. Doesnt help i have a 46 mile commute one way to work!!!

Comment

Picked up some 9293 fog lights for my 9293 front end swap. Found a 92 at the yard with an absolutely mint front end. They want $75 for the bumper, $50 for the head lights, grill is free. I'll have to paint it, but its going to clean up my front end so much!!! Current bumper is nasty, with a bunch of broken tabs in the back etc... I promise I'll have pic's up when its all said and done.

Also, still looking for other cb7 members in New England to cruise with to a few shows over the summer.

Comment

Working...
                                X