No announcement yet.

SteelbluesleepR : 2007 Subaru Outback 2.5i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clean wagon ! I wanted one, but ended up with a Legacy sedan. I see you have an AUX! Lol that's the only thing I got screwed with, not having one of those.

Comment

You didn't get screwed. You just didn't buy an '07 and up.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

The car's still running great! I took a trip to my grandma's and hit some back roads on the way, and it handled it like a champ. Suspension and tires are a necessity for more cornering fun, though. Tint is coming next weekend. I'm thinking 25% should be good.

In other news, I finally got it licensed last week and debadged it today:
        IMG_20170211_152429 by Jayson Carey, on Flickr

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

I just realized I've never updated this! About 3 months after I got it, I popped the engine due to oil starvation. I figured that since it was my newest car I've ever owned, it should be fine. it wasn't. I bought a cheap 92 EX 5spd Coupe that was hit in the back right quarter and needed a clutch, but was otherwise completely fine while it was down.

Long story short, I spent way too long thinking about fixing it before I just found a $250 junkyard motor and swapped it in. It's not perfect, uses about a quart of oil every fillup, and is throwing the annoying P0420 emissions code so it won't give me cruise control, but it's a good car that carries a bunch of shit.

I've had some '11 WRX wheels for a while, but I just got back from working in California to no job, so I needed a small project. I sprayed them in Duplicolor metallic bronze wheel paint and wrapped them in some accidentally-too-small tires that I got from a friend.

That was right after swapping them over, so the suspension isn't settled, making it look super monster-trucked, but it dropped another inch or so after driving it. I'm planning on getting OEM Legacy GT springs, shocks, and struts for it, lowering it another 2 inches. This is my daily driver, so I can't slam it on coilovers, unfortunately. It also desperately needs tint.

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry

Comment

I just picked up some new toys:

I'm not planning on installing them until Winter is over, but I'm not sure I'll be able to wait that long...
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X