oil leak mystery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil leak mystery

Hey all, i had an f22a4 rebuilt last summer and it was hell. Now one year later i still am losing quite a bit of oil from some unknown source. I just replaced camshaft seal and front crankshaft seal. I definitely saw a difference in how much i was losing but im definitely still losing. Anywho, it doesnt appear to be my valve cover because ive replaced it. The only other thing i can think it could be is my rear main seal or my oil pump.. those 2 things and oil pressure sensor are the only oil parts i havent changed out. Is it possible the ghere could be something im missing?

Are you leaking or burning the oil?

Comment

use some engine cleaner and the car wash..find out out where its going? is your bumper sooty?

Comment

Perhaps I'm burning the oil?? How would i tell?

Ive looked on here to see of anyone has any knowledge about a rebuilt engine burning oil but everyone is saying itll still be a leak somewhere
        Last edited by Guero112; 07-28-2014, 10:21 AM.

Comment

You should have done the rear main seal and oil pump seal when u had a chance, now you have to pull the transmission off again if it is the rear main seal. You could get a dye at an auto parts store for oil and put it in to see where its leaking from. And who was the one that rebuilt it?

Comment

ok so i believed it to be oil pressure switch. got a Chinese one and didnt screw it in alll the way. leak showed itself to me. replaced it with oem just for s&g's added gasket maker and tightened i "properly" . leak increased to full on down pour. thinking that was too much or over tightened and stripped the thread. so i buy JB Weld and reinstall to 27lbs. i will update tomorrow.

Comment

Why would you put JB weld. Just get a heli-coil kit and re-tap the threads its not as hard as out sounds

Comment

Working...
              X