Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

First CB7, new here. Hello from VT!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First CB7, new here. Hello from VT!!

First off a little about me. I got into cars years ago (1999) when I found and fixed up my first car. A 1951 plymouth cranbrook. My true passion is old school hotrods. Anything before 1965. I then, got into practical cars. I always liked hondas , had a mint 1994 EG hatch all stock. As well as a 1997 Ek hatch that i absolutely loved. But for some reason sold them and got into the VW scene. Which, (up until a few weeks ago) have been heavily involved in since around 2005. Most of my friends drive volkswagens and i do love them and the scene still. But I did grow tired of all the copy cats and hate. Not everyone can afford BBS rs frick'in 9 piece wheels lol. I was tired of the repairs, the expense of owning a euro car, and just everything in general. I wanted something different and oldschool. Something clean and has a ton of potential and something nobody in my area is currently driving or modifying as far as that goes. Obviously it wasnt long until I remembered about a car I had seen years ago and thought how cool that was. So long story short, I bought a basically mint CB7. Lots of history belonging to this car, started life actually as a honda reps car back in california! lived most of its life in the south. Its exactly what I was looking for. So for now I'm just learning everything I can and keeping it clean (worked as a detailer for years) Here she is.

Oh yeah, duh. Its a 1990 ex 5-speed, 201,000 miles, been super well taken care of. Honda tech owned since 1994, now me timing belt and water pump done at 180k, just did thermostat, newer axles, newer stock exhaust. Plans are to add some decent wheels, a nice suspension, and some more power. Remember, I come from the VW world and honestly I'm not into all that flashy stuff anyway. I personally think when you start adding things like body kits, crazy spoilers, and things like that you ruin the soul of the car. But I also dont hate on others for their own personally tastes. I love this car, and plan on keeping it forever. I would love to own a nice heated garage to keep her in but not yet at this point. Honestly I feel like this car belongs in a museum lol.

I have since this pic ^^^^^ restored the black plastic. use a heat gun and you will be amazed at the results, then just use a little peanut oil over that. Like I said, Ive been detailing cars for well over a decade now. Please leave feedback and any of your thoughts are welcome. I want to right off add a full exhaust, projector headlights with HID's, laminex the fogs yellow, i like the red and clear tails, what front lip to get? idk, im new lol. I'm learning and am very excited to start my journey in the CB7 world! thanks!!!
    For the love of god, STOP putting H.I.D's in stock housings!!! Projectors ONLY!!!

Wow! This looks amazing! How many miles? Usually that color looks dull by this age but it's soo mint. I do see a little bubble in the rear quarter tho....

As far as front lips and everything else you wanna know look at the stickeys at the top of each sub-forum on this site. There is a list of what lips,skirts, motors, ect. That fit our cars. Just about everything you'll ever need to know about this chassis is on this site. To better search something, go to google or type in at your URL, WHATEVER you wanna know followed by site:cb7tuner.com example

Front lip FAQ site:cb7tuner.com and you will find what your looking for.

What I did with my fogs is, put yellow caps inside them from an Acura tl. So they don't look cheap but are yellow when lit.

Comment

Stupid clean looking
      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

yes, there is a bubble of rust starting on the drivers side only. Is that common on just that side? I reached my hand under and its not rusted behind it, just on top. We had it up the air for inspection and they were amazed, original brake lines, fuel lines, cat, etc, etc, and no rust under the car, subframe is still gloss black. We just dont see this kind of stuff in Vermont, due to the long harsh winters where they pile salt all over the roads. We have pretty crappy weather from about November through the end of April really . I've seen new cars rust out bad in less than 5 years here. Then again people can be lazy and never wash their cars. But I have seen it.
        For the love of god, STOP putting H.I.D's in stock housings!!! Projectors ONLY!!!

Comment

Damn that looks good.

Pretty much every 90's Honda has the rust problem on the rear wheel arches. no need to worry.

Comment

This car has OEM fogs...and damn this is one lint ride. Also where the heck is everyone finding 9091 EX coupes?! There are like next to none in Dallas lol. Stupid clean ride man. I'm totally jealous.

Comment

Peanut oil

Could you elaborate more on heat gun and peanut oil? Thanks!

Nice ride!

Comment

Thanks guys!!! As for coupes, I have no idea, there is actually a 1993 coupe EX about to be for sale around here as well. I have personally seen it and its pretty clean. So heat gun and peanut oil, or ATF . The heat gun, brings the the good black pigment to the surface. There are a bunch of videos on youtube about it. Doesnt work so well on the actual door trim on my car for some reason, I think its a different material. But after using the heat peanut oil really soaks into the black and stays for a long time. You could actually even use just peanut butter if you want. I used a combination of oil and ATF, still looks great after a week and a car wash.

Comment

when I say on the door, I mean literally just on the driver and pass door. I think its rubber or something. I recommend watching some videos on using the heat gun before trying it. You need to be careful. I also took the plate lights out and cleaned them, they were nasty!!!

And another shot of the paint after I buffed it and waxed it.

This is the first day i got it. Had to drive to NH to get her, there was just nothing in Vermont. I'm happy I made the long drive to get her tho

Comment

I am super jealous, this think is stupid clean. And it's a 5 speed ex coupe with factory fogs? I can't wait to see what you do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by CB-J View Post
                      I am super jealous, this think is stupid clean. And it's a 5 speed ex coupe with factory fogs? I can't wait to see what you do with it.

Thanks, I have (like everyone) "big plans". Heading to the junk yard tomorrow to look for some things. Really want DA headrests for some reason. What else besides a legend lip, DA clock, etc should I look for ? I made a list but im extremely new to the cb7 life. What is this ecu I should look for? p13 something like that? Yellow caps for the fogs? your help is much appreciated .

Comment

The '94-'01 DC Integra clock is the one that fits.

The ECU that would be beneficial to you is the P12. However, if you find a P13, grab it, too. Those are worth some money. You likely won't, though.

The Legend lips need to come off of the coupe Legends or you're going to have that silly gap on the sides that everyone on this forum is cool with because they're just so happy to be apart of the "cool crowd". Your car is way to clean to give it anything less than perfect fitment.

The yellow caps are from the foglights that are integrated into the headlights of the '86-'89 Acura Legends.
                        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

That is one clean coupe. And welcome! It's always a pleasure to see such a well maintained CB.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                            The '94-'01 DC Integra clock is the one that fits.

The ECU that would be beneficial to you is the P12. However, if you find a P13, grab it, too. Those are worth some money. You likely won't, though.

The Legend lips need to come off of the coupe Legends or you're going to have that silly gap on the sides that everyone on this forum is cool with because they're just so happy to be apart of the "cool crowd". Your car is way to clean to give it anything less than perfect fitment.

The yellow caps are from the foglights that are integrated into the headlights of the '86-'89 Acura Legends.
                            Thank you so much! Yeah , I'm all about oem+ and doing it right the first time. I'm still just blown away at the how much cheaper it is to own , and mod a car like this compared to the VWs I'm used to.. Heading up to the yard in about an hour. Really hope they have what I'm looking for. The place i'm going is awesome , and if its not metal they practically give the stuff away.

Comment

cant wait to lower it, and wheels. Then take this picture. I'm almost thinking not going with coilovers actually. The roads here in VT suck, and continue to just get worse. No joke the roads in my town (Montpelier) are so bad that instead of fixing them they just lower the speed limit. This one street has needed a complete redo for over 10 years now, I have to just avoid it altogether which sometimes means going 15 minutes out of my way! So I'm thinking a nice spring and shock set up.

Comment

Working...
                              X