Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Most Powerful Naturally Aspirated CB7 List

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
    Wonderful, and we have our new king! Do you have the machine shop that did the bore in your MRT? That would be a definitely good resource for those who don't want to sleeve or pay the premium for some of the big names.
    InlinePro did the bore, and at a reasonable cost. $350 not counting shipping. For a good quality FRM bore/hone it is worth it.

http://www.inlinepro.com/s1/s-3-machining-services.aspx

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
    GunRunner, is that car street driven? I'm really wondering if you have emissions numbers for that piston/cam/header combo...
    No emissions in North Carolina, unless the car is OBD2.
    -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
    -1993 Accord EX SOLD
    -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
    -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Not bad, I knew InlinePro specialized in S2000s so I guess H22s would be right up their alley as well since they are both FRM. if I was closer I'd consider shipping up there. It would probably be right around the same price from Florida. But I guess it doesn't hurt to ask. On your adjustments are you aiming for more torque? I was thinking with 230whp+ wtq would be somewhere around 190-210wtq
      '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
      If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Not bad, I knew InlinePro specialized in S2000s so I guess H22s would be right up their alley as well since they are both FRM. if I was closer I'd consider shipping up there. It would probably be right around the same price from Florida. But I guess it doesn't hurt to ask. On your adjustments are you aiming for more torque? I was thinking with 230whp+ wtq would be somewhere around 190-210wtq
        Making some intake and exhaust changes. I'm happy with my current numbers, but an increase in any area is never a bad thing.
        -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
        -1993 Accord EX SOLD
        -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
        -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

I'm loving the N/A numbers, I need to find a good DYNO shop see how much I'm pushing to the wheels.

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

Getting mine tuned on April 18th and I'm aiming for 210whp hopefully haha I will post up the results as soon as I get them.
            1991 Accord Sedan LX: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=173444
            1991 Accord Wagon LX: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=209652

Comment

Engine: JDM H22A
              Intake: Skunk2 Pro IM port matched 70mm Skunk2 TB
              Header(Include any modification): Bisimoto Header with 2.5" Collector
              Exhaust: 2.5" Straight Pipe to Apexi WS2 Exhaust
              Cam/Gear: Skunk2 Tuner 1 Cam Gears, Skunk2 Pro Cam Gear
              Valvetrain: Skunk2 Titanium Valvetrain/Springs/Retailers
              Pistons(Bore and C/R): Stock Bore Comp Ratio
              Rods: Stock
              Crank: Stock
              Tuning Software: Chrome
              Octane: 93 Octane

Made 193whp and 134lb-tq on a Dyno Dynamic....disappointed in the numbers =T cams were being a pain and when we were trying to set it between 4.5k-5.5k it would bog down and die. So it had to be set higher but then another disappointment. Maxed out the fuel pump so it was cutting off at 7.4k...If I get a walbro pump I'll be making 200+whp

Comment

Great Job to Sequence at #6, hope you get your TQ numbers worked out.

List updated.

Comment

sequence, stock h22a4 make those numbers, check your compression and the health of your motor, 134tq is depressing, and you should be well over the 210s on a healthy block
                  Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

It's the header!...lol
                    MR Thread
                    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
                      sequence, stock h22a4 make those numbers, check your compression and the health of your motor, 134tq is depressing, and you should be well over the 210s on a healthy block
                      Maybe the tuner?

Comment

did you dial the cams in or just install?
                        I am going with the cam lift is not hitting exactly when you need it to.
                        Sounds like timing could be way off, did the tuner play with timing at all.
                        I could see that H22 wanting to push power but if timing is bad tq is low.

Where did you get it tuned?
                        MadLab Racing
                        Southern Maryland

Comment

Great Job to Sequence at #6, hope you get your TQ numbers worked out.

List updated.
                          lmfao thanks a lot =D hopefully they go up soon!

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
                          yea going to be checking out my compression soon i was pretty upset with the results but i was also running on a dyno dynamic which usually read lower. if i was on a dynojet i'm pretty sure i'll be hitting 210-220whp easily.

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
                          It's the header!...lol
                          lol it is, the low end is pretty horrible ahahah

Maybe the tuner?
                          tuner was good we went over as much possibilities as we could. but who knows maybe i'll take it to a different shop after i upgrade my fuel pump

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
                          did you dial the cams in or just install?
                          I am going with the cam lift is not hitting exactly when you need it to.
                          Sounds like timing could be way off, did the tuner play with timing at all.
                          I could see that H22 wanting to push power but if timing is bad tq is low.

Where did you get it tuned?
                          i got it tuned at a shop in minnesota called DB Performance. the cams were dialed in but maybe i might have to check it again and we played around with the timing but it didn't make much of a difference. when we set the vtec to engage at lower rpm's it would bog down and then shoot right up

Comment

how does it act without vtec engaged?
                            did he try that.

most tuners I know will tune without vtec first which is why I ask.
                            MadLab Racing
                            Southern Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
                              how does it act without vtec engaged?
                              did he try that.

most tuners I know will tune without vtec first which is why I ask.
                              we didnt try that =T vtec was engaging fine though the power jumps up pretty quickly and it's a noticable pull when it engages.

Comment

Is it just me, or is drummersteve7 referring to valve timing, whereas sequence is referring to ignition timing? Just for the sake of sequence. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X