Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

A little bit of boost for this cb7!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little bit of boost for this cb7!

A buddy of mine today, offered me a volvo turbo for free. I checked it out and it has absolutely no shaft play! I figured, if it's free I have nothing to lose! So anyway, I wanna boost the cb7. I have a couple of questions about the turbo though. Is this a t3, t4 style? Will it be any good for a bit more power or should I look into a bigger turbo? Does anybody have any idea what era/car this is from?

There aren't other castings on it besides that?

Also, I'm sure you're well aware of the ramifications of boosting a factory engine, right?
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

There is a number stamped on it but I don't know if it would make a difference. I will post a pic though just in case. And yes I do know about boosting on a stock engine. A long block will be bought soon and built. I just go the boost bug after driving my buddies boosted d16y8 civic

Comment

Comment

Why would u do an engine build with all that money and time and slap a low power volvo turdblo on it? I mean it is ur car. But u still have to buy so much for the turbo set up and engine.. saving a bit extra for a nice new garret or something just seems.... Worth it. I mean volvo! Come on..

Comment

Im obviously going to upgrade the turbo once I build the new engine...... This was a freebie so why not use it for now?

Comment

Originally posted by cuate01221 View Post
              Im obviously going to upgrade the turbo once I build the new engine...... This was a freebie so why not use it for now?
              Strap it on, quick street tune, gernade the motor, then rebuild with proper? Love it. Keep us posted

Comment

Originally posted by ryans91CB7 View Post
                Strap it on, quick street tune, gernade the motor, then rebuild with proper? Love it. Keep us posted
                Haha can't blow this one just yet. I need to have the other motor built first :P I will only be running like 7lbs of boost on this turbo. I just need to know what flange style this turbo is! I can find any flanges that are the same as it?

Comment

Originally posted by ryans91CB7 View Post
                  Why would u do an engine build with all that money and time and slap a low power volvo turdblo on it? I mean it is ur car. But u still have to buy so much for the turbo set up and engine.. saving a bit extra for a nice new garret or something just seems.... Worth it. I mean volvo! Come on..
                  Volvo turbos are either borg Warner or Garrett turbos so its a good piece. But as fro the flange you are probably gonna have to fab something up and find a flange off of a turbo volvo

Comment

Originally posted by ferenza View Post
                    Volvo turbos are either borg Warner or Garrett turbos so its a good piece. But as fro the flange you are probably gonna have to fab something up and find a flange off of a turbo volvo
                    I'm sure I could fab something up with my friends If we could fit a 2jz in a little mazda pickup, I'm sure we can make a custom header haha Thanks for the info man

Comment

Originally posted by cuate01221 View Post
                      I'm sure I could fab something up with my friends If we could fit a 2jz in a little mazda pickup, I'm sure we can make a custom header haha Thanks for the info man
                      Any chance i can drive that pickup? I promise i wont bring it back with bald tires!

Comment

Originally posted by SWMO View Post
                        Any chance i can drive that pickup? I promise i wont bring it back with bald tires!
                        He won't even let me drive it! lol he broke his diff this weekend though

Comment

I was researching and came across this cool little adapter.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ATP-Volvo-Fl...ht_1775wt_1037

What do you guys think? yay or nay?

Comment

You can't just slap the turbo on and go...even at low boost you're puting additional stress on other parts of the car, not just the motor...if its your dd its probably not the wisest thing to do

SOLD!!
                            Boosted H22
                            375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

I got a f22 custom manifold pm me

Comment

Working...
                              X