*Official Digital Camera Info Thread*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J-specCb4
    we seriously need a photo forum if deev needs mods im sure people will step up in fact ill even step up however... i agree that dont go looking for the best cam expecting the best results... its all in the user.. only upgrade when u feel its absolutely necesary..

i second that because im highly interested in learning "the ropes" of photography and all its styles. I know from reading and listening and not opening my mouth(since i have no knowledge) that it takes years to really learn and trully understand photography i.e. what setting to use for certain shots and lenses and all sorts of shit.

I regret not taking photography in high school........i just wanted to get high and skip and its catching up to me slowly but surely...its ok i think im going to take some photography classes in college when i get out of the military.

But yea if deev made a section for everything photography kind of like the animal forum(aka snake forum) then people could post threads on everything from camera models to techniques and more.

If anyone wants to post some informative websites id appreciate it.

I just got into Photoshop and ive learned quite a few tricks and it is way easier then i ever imagined and quite fun. Its an amazing program and so id love to learn alot to help me before the image gets to PS because i think its safe to say that even with the best knowledge and tricks in ps you cant deny the knowledge and experience used when a photo is taken...those photos above and even plenty on here show that so.

Ehhh work sucks....

Comment

Kevin .. I went to your site and you're an awesome photographer .. with a great eye ...
      Great work ... one quick question tho .. that image you have on *people* .. young girl ..
      one black and white in the middle, and two color images on the side of her ..
      she's got her elbows on her knees, and she's sitting on some steps .
      The two color images on the ouside .. were they flash filled? Or, was a reflector used?

I really like that kind of light when I shoot .. another thing also .. one thing I see in soo many
      digital images .. is the depth of field is sooo huge .. in those two color images ..
      I can see all the way back into the woods ..

Haaa .. the S3 is touted for having this *portrait* setting .. that knocks the background out.
      And if I'm not mistaken .. I can flash fill with this baby at any shutter speed .. ..
      I think I'm gonna test a couple models with it when I get it .. those shots in your link are cool!

Here's a link to one of my shots to which I refer to the background being blown out ..
      This was shot at 1/30th of a sec .. hand held at f/8 .. with my 6X7 .. on Fuji NPH 400.
      http://modelmayhem.com/pic.php?pid=435423

A Hui Hou !!!
      Tomi
      Last edited by PakaloloHonda; 10-26-2006, 05:13 AM.

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

yo i bet within months of owning this u will decide u need a dslr... who wants to bet me lol

"Tucking tires and wires."
        The Chronicles.

Comment

yo tomi.... this is for u bro... check it out

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1204649

"Tucking tires and wires."
          The Chronicles.

Comment

oh I agree he will be back saying what slr should I buy? lol do it right the first time.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
            "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
            "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Problem is, he really wants to be mobile with the camera, and as you bump up to the nicer cameras, like with changeable lenses and the slr's, you're gonna need a camera bag to tote it around. Tomi, I remember from the way you described how you planned to use it, that a camera you can hold in your pocket would be ideal. So, now its a trade-off.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
              where you been, is something wrong?
              i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

the size of the sensor on a entry level DSLR in comparison to a high end P&S camera is about 7 or 8 times.. there's absolutely no comparison..

buy the DSLR now before you regret it.. i have a friend with the S3 and if you're used to shooting with a SLR, you're going to hate it

www.aznkid.com

Comment

yeah, you're right about that ^^

well, you can rest the camera bag on your cart while you work right?

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                  where you been, is something wrong?
                  i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

No the prosumer DSLR cameras are built like tanks, no need for a tote bag.

Comment

damnit, i want a photography forum!! I guarantee that there will be more traffic in the photography forum than the animal forum will ever have.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...064#post762064

take a look

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4
                          yo tomi.... this is for u bro... check it out

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1204649
                          Thanks J .. thats a pretty good forum as well ..

I found this aznkid and I agree .. its the difference between 35mm
                          and medium format .. or, so I gather .. heheh ..
                          http://www.dpreview.com/learn/?/Glos...r_sizes_01.htm

Ya .. I may want a DSLR .. but, for now .. This S3 is gonna work out pretty cool ..
                          Alex is right .. I want something that'll be fast, portable, and not too costly should I .. ahem
                          drop it, lose it .. or .. be eaten by wild anilmals on the course and, whatever else can happen.

A Hui Hou !!!
                          Tomi
                          Last edited by PakaloloHonda; 10-26-2006, 04:46 AM.

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                            damnit, i want a photography forum!! I guarantee that there will be more traffic in the photography forum than the animal forum will ever have.
                            That's what I'm sayin! The animal forums blow.....

Jack: "You want ANIMALS?"
                            Tom: "I want the truth!"
                            Jack: "You can't HANDLE the truth!!! Oh, btw..... I know we need a photography forum you snot-nosed little brat."
                            1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda
                              Kevin .. I went to your site and you're an awesome photographer .. with a great eye ...
                              Great work ... one quick question tho .. that image you have on *people* .. young girl ..
                              one black and white in the middle, and two color images on the side of her ..
                              she's got her elbows on her knees, and she's sitting on some steps .
                              The two color images on the ouside .. were they flash filled? Or, was a reflector used?

I really like that kind of light when I shoot .. another thing also .. one thing I see in soo many
                              digital images .. is the depth of field is sooo huge .. in those two color images ..
                              I can see all the way back into the woods ..

Haaa .. the S3 is touted for having this *portrait* setting .. that knocks the background out.
                              And if I'm not mistaken .. I can flash fill with this baby at any shutter speed .. ..
                              A gold reflector was used for both of those shots.. as for depth of field, there's no relation to digital to film.. it's all in the lens.. reason why it may seem less is because of crop factors (1.6x for most)..

take this shot i took for example:
                              http://www.aznkid.com/people/12.jpg

that was with a 10D (1.6x crop factor) and it still has shallow DOF.. the S3IS isn't going to allow for a very shallow depth of field simply because the sensor is way too small to handle something like that

www.aznkid.com

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda
                                ... digital is still in it's infant stages . ...then .. in 6 months they come out with another *hot* digital camera, and wait til we've satisfied them with what they built, only to build and incorporate something else in a newer model .. ug ..
                                Yeah, but the thing is though, ergonomics are still key. Today, the resolution of even cheap digital cameras is already good enough (sparing any heavy cropping) to print to 8x10 paper. That's more than most any amateur will ever use in practice since we still have that 4x6 mentality.

As mentioned previously, digital SLRs have the advantage of lower noise (it's like film's grain) over a digital point and shoot because of larger image sensor size. <<< Remember, that's not referring to megapixels, but merely the size of the sensor afforded by the larger chassis.

In practice, that advantage allows you to shoot at an ISO speed of up to about 400 without noticeable grain (oops, I mean noise). Assuming you aren't blowing it up to 11x17 or whatever ... point and shoots generally would have to shoot at say, ISO 100 to avoid serious noise in the image.

It's a sad irony because in most instances where point-and-shoots are used, the light is poor, so it's a double whammy against them.

But having said that, my earlier recommendation for someone looking to "get online" casually is still to spend $50 on an eBay'd A60 or A75 an get crackin'.

My Canon Digital Rebel couldn't be sold today because 6MP "isn't enough" in today's market. However, for online and print use up to 8X10 prints or so it's plenty. Sure, I ogle the 30D and other newer models, but honestly couldn't make much use of them right now. My money will go to good glass when I can!
                                >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Working...
                                X