Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

my front passenger speaker cuts in and out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my front passenger speaker cuts in and out

i dont know why , but when i lower the volume on my radio, the speaker go on and off like there is a loose connection but all the connections are wired up pretty tight with solder.

its a 5 1/4" Memphis speaker

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
    -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Originally posted by ibr_adam09 View Post
    i dont know why , but when i lower the volume on my radio, the speaker go on and off like there is a loose connection but all the connections are wired up pretty tight with solder.

its a 5 1/4" Memphis speaker
    how old is the speaker? and how old is the HU? give a little bit more o the details ... and it will help us narrow down the prob.
    Members Ride sold...
    I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

is it like u hearing some kind of radiation?

Comment

My door speakers did the same thing. Could be the blue wires that are loose. Check and see if they're all connected.

Comment

speakers are pretty new and my connections are firm

if anything , the radio is a pioneer

it only cuts when i lower the volume , once i rise it HIGH it comes on again

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
          -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

Open the door with it playing and wiggle the door boot. If it cuts off, you may have some corrosion on the factory door plug.

Comment

Not to thread jack, but, my wife's car is the same way. I put a new head unit in it after she got it, the stereo will start playing, but, no sound. AS soon as you open the passenger door, all the speakers work. But, not until you open the passenger door. Its strange

Comment

Mine kept doing this, and it's because water was getting inside my door and onto the speaker. Ruined it.
                98' Mustang 3V Swap
                11' VW CC R36

Comment

check your wire connections to the speakers to make sure that they are tight and good to go.
                  I SEE You, You Wanna See Me? Come look at my 90 LX

To JDM or not to JDM, that is the question

Remember K.I.S.S, No Not The Band, Keep It Simple Stupid

Comment

Bad voice coil in the speaker itself, time to replace. I've seen this in component speakers, coaxils, subs, etc. Check out how you have everything tuned and don't get too much bass to the door/rear deck speakers. They're called mids and highs for a reason. If your Pioneer is one of the higher up models you sould be able to run them on a high pass filter in the radio settings.

...and you with the passenger door issue, you have a wire grounding out, probably pinched at the wire harness between the door and car.

Comment

Originally posted by chickoomaster View Post
                      Bad voice coil in the speaker itself, time to replace. I've seen this in component speakers, coaxils, subs, etc. Check out how you have everything tuned and don't get too much bass to the door/rear deck speakers. They're called mids and highs for a reason. If your Pioneer is one of the higher up models you sould be able to run them on a high pass filter in the radio settings.

...and you with the passenger door issue, you have a wire grounding out, probably pinched at the wire harness between the door and car.
                      Agree.... bad voice coil in the speaker is most likely the problem.
                      Having a small cam is like having a small dick every time you go to use it you wish it was bigger.

Comment

Working...
                      X