Recommended top quality sway bar links?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommended top quality sway bar links?

Am about to order some sway bar links. Am pondering either mevotech or prothane. Or some other brand also if someone has a recommendation. Not moog though. My moog tie rod ends didn't last even a month on both sides.

i already ordered prothane. Read a lot of good things about them.

Comment

Originally posted by zedjr10 View Post
      Am about to order some sway bar links. Am pondering either mevotech or prothane. Or some other brand also if someone has a recommendation. Not moog though. My moog tie rod ends didn't last even a month on both sides.
      Might want to do inner tie rods as well then. I’m not sure which outers I did but likely moog. When I did the inners it was like a new car.
      ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

Originally posted by cb7 calling View Post
        Might want to do inner tie rods as well then. I’m not sure which outers I did but likely moog. When I did the inners it was like a new car.
        Replaced the rack and inners about a year ago.

Comment

Be sure to grease them! Those will squeak like hell. Next time you buy Moog, grease the joint. They usually don’t come with any lubrication. If it comes with a zerk fitting, odds are you need to grease it.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
            Be sure to grease them! Those will squeak like hell. Next time you buy Moog, grease the joint. They usually don’t come with any lubrication. If it comes with a zerk fitting, odds are you need to grease it.

I got some mevotech tie rod ends and one of them has a zerk fitting. I assumed it was pregreased but now i wonder. It's funny one has a zerk fitting and the other does not(passengers side has zerk). If it is fully greased should the ball joint be so easy to move around? I read lithium grease is best for ball joints and silicone grease best for bushings.
            Last edited by zedjr10; 04-17-2018, 12:46 AM.

Comment

The joint should be able to move but to super easily. Once installed, just pump grease into the fitting till the boot swells up.

Comment

The joint should be able to move but to super easily. Once installed, just pump grease into the fitting till the boot swells up.
                The one without the zerk fitting moves really easy and definitely isn't full of grease. Maybe i'll have to send that one back and get one with a zerk fitting. It was an add on item on amazon.

Comment

Yeah I wouldn’t trust that one personally. They shouldn’t be able to move with a fingers strength, but you should be able to move it with your whole hand. If there’s an option to be greased, I always do that option. I grease mine every other oil change. That might be over kill, but I’d rather push the dirt out before it gets a chance to do damage.

When you grease them, it WILL come out of the top of the boot. You want that to happen cause it’s getting the dirty grease out.

Comment

Yeah I wouldn’t trust that one personally. They shouldn’t be able to move with a fingers strength, but you should be able to move it with your whole hand. If there’s an option to be greased, I always do that option. I grease mine every other oil change. That might be over kill, but I’d rather push the dirt out before it gets a chance to do damage.

When you grease them, it WILL come out of the top of the boot. You want that to happen cause it’s getting the dirty grease out.
                    AM a little disappointed with mevotech and moog, but that's what happens when u make ur shit in china. I can easily move the ball joint on tie rod with finger. THe moog one is much harder but boot on both of them fell apart in 2 months. What other companies make good outer tie rods. I just ordered some prothane sway bar links but not sure if i want to use their bushings for sway bar and strut rod. People complain they are too stiff. I'll make a new post about that.

Comment

Working...
                    X