Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Most Powerful Naturally Aspirated CB7 List

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got some things in the works that will bump me up a few spots

Comment

I ended up bending a couple valves and rebuilding the powertrain. I had a 100 shot thrown on it and it puts down 287hp and 264tq

Comment

Those are some great numbers!
        ~Nick~
        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

I'm at 217whp H23A VTEC / M2B4 trans, I don't have a sheet because they never gave me one and my video is grainy but I'm installing my PLM header, 3inch PLM CAT and 3 inch exhaust once it arrives this week , then setup a new Dyno Day.

Engine H23A Euro R intake with Rosko Racing Kit 70mm type R throttle body
          AEM Cam gear with aggressive timing

Skunk 2 Pro 2 cams , AEM Adjustable CAMGEAR, and Super Tech valve spring and retainers

currently using ebay header with 2.50 inch exhaust with MagnaFLOW 2.5' EXAHUST

tunned by PROESHIFTRACING with Hondata S300 v3

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

Originally posted by Alex13mod View Post
            I'm at 217whp H23A VTEC / M2B4 trans, I don't have a sheet because they never gave me one and my video is grainy but I'm installing my PLM header, 3inch PLM CAT and 3 inch exhaust once it arrives this week , then setup a new Dyno Day.

Engine H23A Euro R intake with Rosko Racing Kit 70mm type R throttle body
            AEM Cam gear with aggressive timing

Skunk 2 Pro 2 cams , AEM Adjustable CAMGEAR, and Super Tech valve spring and retainers

currently using ebay header with 2.50 inch exhaust with MagnaFLOW 2.5' EXAHUST

tunned by PROESHIFTRACING with Hondata S300 v3
            Comparing mine to yours (and many others I was researching as I was building my engine), I'm so bummed, because I only made 204 whp/149 lb-ft with pretty much the same parts but I also bumped up the compression. I am at 5,000ft, but those are supposed to be corrected numbers. Got the same numbers on both PFI's DynoJet as well as the tuner's own. Granted, I did ask for a "safe" tune that would be okay at any elevation because it's a road trip car, and he was aware that I'm also trying to get the car through local emissions, so this could very well just be a neutered tune, I don't know.

- H22A
            - Euro R manifold port-matched to a 70mm throttle
            - RDX injectors, Walbro 255 pump (currently has a Rosko rail, but I'm about to switch to an AEM so I can install EGR)
            - Skunk2 Pro 2 (S2 gears as well, but the tuner didn't mess with the timing; I degreed them myself)
            - All of Supertech's head components except for GSC guides
            - Wiseco 11.5:1
            - PLM tri-Y header into 2.5" catted exhaust that expands to 3" right before the bends
            - Colorado 91 octane
            - S300 V3 w/onboard wideband
            - Lots of other less significant mods listed on the first page of my build thread, linked in my signature.

The video's uneventful until 0:23:

Last edited by CyborgGT; 03-23-2024, 08:17 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Hmmmm…I think you are falling victim to altitude and 91 octane. If there is ever a meetup somewhere closer to sea level, with 93 octane and you can attend, it might be worth it to do a test/tune day.
              http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

And it is because of the altitude that we have 91 here. I think E85 is still easily available here, but I'm not really interested. It's too much of a hassle, between limited availability further from home, and gumming up/corrosion if the car sits. The tuner did mention that E85 could be used to get through emissions, though, so if it comes to that and it does work to make my car legal, I might have to get a second tune to switch back and forth between.
                Last edited by CyborgGT; 03-23-2024, 08:18 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

So all the parts were installed this including PLM 4 2 1 header with 3inch 400 Cell Cat and 3in pipe with a 3 inch Resonator as a muffler.
                  Unfortunately my Clutch bearing failed or Pressure plate. So ill keep you updated. I will be installing 525CC injectors too since the tune was choking and not getting enough fuel.

Stay Tuned.
                  My friend Excalibur AKA MAURICO will help me with the clutch since I'm not experienced changing a clutch yet.

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post

Comparing mine to yours (and many others I was researching as I was building my engine), I'm so bummed, because I only made 204 whp/149 lb-ft with pretty much the same parts but I also bumped up the compression. I am at 5,000ft, but those are supposed to be corrected numbers. Got the same numbers on both PFI's DynoJet as well as the tuner's own. Granted, I did ask for a "safe" tune that would be okay at any elevation because it's a road trip car, and he was aware that I'm also trying to get the car through local emissions, so this could very well just be a neutered tune, I don't know.

- H22A
                    - Euro R manifold port-matched to a 70mm throttle
                    - RDX injectors, Walbro 255 pump (currently has a Rosko rail, but I'm about to switch to an AEM so I can install EGR)
                    - Skunk2 Pro 2 (S2 gears as well, but the tuner didn't mess with the timing; I degreed them myself)
                    - All of Supertech's head components except for GSC guides
                    - Wiseco 11.5:1
                    - PLM tri-Y header into 2.5" catted exhaust that expands to 3" right before the bends
                    - Colorado 91 octane
                    - S300 V3 w/onboard wideband
                    - Lots of other less significant mods listed on the first page of my build thread, linked in my signature.

The video's uneventful until 0:23:

Congrats, that is pretty impressive for NA 2.2 whp. If that were my truck engine pushing the same hp/l I'd have 584 hp NA! So, yeah, that's pretty impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by bry593 View Post

Congrats, that is pretty impressive for NA 2.2 whp. If that were my truck engine pushing the same hp/l I'd have 584 hp NA! So, yeah, that's pretty impressive.
                      Yeah, it's still solid power and I'm proud of the efficiency. Should be right on par with a healthy stock S2000, which (at least the 2.0L version) held the production power-per-liter record for an n/a piston engine for eleven years, before the Ferrari 458 and Porsche 997 GT3 RS 4.0 finally beat it. RX-8 might have them all beat, but there's some debate on how displacement in a rotary is actually measured... and that's a whole 'nother conversation.

Plus, it's an old station wagon that revs to 8 grand, so at least the engine is in some pretty exotic company and I'm plenty happy with it! Just need to get the damn thing through emissions. I'm moving into a new place in a couple months and finally getting my own garage again, though, so that should inspire me to work on it more than my current situation of using an out-of-town storage unit.
                      Last edited by CyborgGT; 04-10-2024, 01:51 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post

Yeah, it's still solid power and I'm proud of the efficiency. Should be right on par with a healthy stock S2000, which (at least the 2.0L version) held the production power-per-liter record for an n/a piston engine for eleven years, before the Ferrari 458 and Porsche 997 GT3 RS 4.0 finally beat it. RX-8 might have them all beat, but there's some debate on how displacement in a rotary is actually measured... and that's a whole 'nother conversation.

Plus, it's an old station wagon that revs to 8 grand, so at least the engine is in some pretty exotic company and I'm plenty happy with it! Just need to get the damn thing through emissions. I'm moving into a new place in a couple months and finally getting my own garage again, though, so that should inspire me to work on it more than my current situation of using an out-of-town storage unit.
                        If I remember correctly, the S2000 is measured at the crank, not the wheels. So, adjusting for train loss, I'd guess you have the S2000 beat. Pretty much, you got all the goody out of that NA. I doubt there's much room for improvement.

Comment

Working...
                        X