What makes a man a "Man"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What makes a man a "Man"?

Aside from X and Y chromosones, a penis, testosterone, etc.

Like, what do you think it takes to consider a male, a "man"? What criteria does he have to meet or what tasks, in life, must he complete or accomplish before you can say, "Thats a real man."...?

Is it that he supports his family?
    That he doesnt run off when he gets a girl pregnant?
    Is it that he puts in an honest hards work and isnt afraid to get dirty?

Im serious about this too, so i dont want any "You eat meat/beat your wife/have a faster car/bigger dick" etc responses. Please.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

I'll be respectful in this one Ty. I don't exactly know but this should be an interesting topic.

Comment

yes.
      峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

One that doesn't have to shave shit.

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
        -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

How fitting is it that one of THE manliest men on this site, was first to post...?

Im not talking about in general either. There's the obvious, inevitable things like, aging, having sex, earning money, etc.

But what is it that a 17 year old could do and be considered a man, that a 30 year old hasnt done and wouldnt otherwise be considered a man?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
            How fitting is it that one of THE manliest men on this site, was first to post...?
            you mean second

disrespect females, acquire currency.
            峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

I think buying a car could be tacked up as one of those things. Maybe not at the top of the list, but still.

Like if you were 12 and were gonna make a list of "MAN" things you wanted to do before you turned 30, what would they be?

I think buying a car is one of those things. Getting your license kinda comes with age, so that doesnt count. Getting a job...meh, i think having the will power and self control to save money and buy a nice car, is something considerable.

Comment

I guess you're asking ' What's the difference between a male and a MAN?'
                Last edited by ibr_adam09; 11-06-2009, 04:04 PM.

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
                -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

showering with other guys and not worring about it.

Comment

Originally posted by ibr_adam09 View Post
                    I guess your asking ' What's the difference between a male and a MAN?'
                    ... wait.. wat?

I'm curious ot know the difference. A male I guess would be somebody that is anatomically a Male and then we can consider.. say. Butch Barbra at the federal prison for woman a Man?

is that what you're saying?

=p

Comment

Yes.

Like i said, every male has a penis. Every male grows hair. Every male has sex(eventually, LOL). But what are those societal differences that set him above and apart from the rest?

Comment

Here's my .02.

A real man:
                        Has a woman that he loves.
                        Cares for his family (wife, wife and kids eventually).
                        Would die for his country.
                        Earns his share, does not receive it.
                        Knows how to protect himself and family.
                        Doesn't need help.

I'm not a man yet, I'm a soon to be 19 year old boy.
                        "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                        "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                        Disregard females, acquire currency
                        BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Mak, no.

Butch Barbara is genetically a female. Even if theyve had a sex change to become a male, theyre still considered female genetically.

Societal things. Taking care of and raising a family, working hard, getting dirty, shooting a gun...things like that.

There are things ive never done that i consider "Manly things" and while i do consider myself a man, i still havent done some manly things. Ive shot a gun, but ive never killed an animal intentionally. I think killing an animal(or human) without remorse, is something a REAL MAN can do.

Ya know?

Comment

I also think jhoff is onto something, albeit strange; i think being able to shower in an open shower with other men is one of those "manly" things. Not on the side of sexual preference, but as kids we grow up thinking how weird or awkward it would be to shower around other naked men. Thats probably a whole other topic, but still. Doing so, in confidence, and without it effecting your routine is something id put on the list as well. May not be something i >want< to do, but i think id be confident enough to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post

u seem to know all about his manliness.

"Tucking tires and wires."
                              The Chronicles.

Comment

Working...
                              X