Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How to make 30+hp for $500 or less... (DX/LX F22A1 only)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noob question, is the H-22 and H-23 Manifold the same. Can the H-22 work on the F-22A head.

Comment

The upper part of the H22 and H23 intake manifold, as well as the throttle body, are the same. The lower part of the H22 manifold won't bolt on.

Comment

Can someone sticky this? Makes it easier to find for newbies and fogeys alike!

Comment

Alright I just put my A4 exhaust manifold on yesterday. My problem is that now my check engine light is on. I am using the F22A1 O2 sensor with an extension made by me just like cpmike's extender. The car runs fine, the light is just on. I was thinking since I am using the A1 sensor that it isn't getting hot enough now to read so the car is thinking something is wrong.

I was wondering what I should do now?

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

Make sure that its an O2 code and that your wire is good, I'm pretty sure the A1 sensor is heated.
            wat?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
              Now... would an H series bottom half bolt up to an F series upper half? For that to even matter, are the H series collectors larger? If this would work, it'd be easy enough to snag an H lower half... anytime someone gets an aftermarket header on their H motor! Scott, you'll probably know the answer to that one, so I'll leave it hanging without making any more assumptions
              Deev: You made this comment 11-1-2007, has anyone verified this yet?!!!???

I guess no one read that part. I know the collector is larger. I'm thinking the down pipe from a 4th Gen prelude.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
              JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

I have not heard anything more on that, no. It would still be a useful bit of info to have!

Comment

I'm thinking the 4th Gen prelude will work, but not for sure. It would be nice to know.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                  JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

whats the price range for a h22 ?

PSN: DJ-dlatino
                    My ride
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=140370

Comment

H23A1 intake manifold and throttle body (from a Prelude SI, 92-96 I believe)
                      so the h23a IM will bolt right up to the head with no mods? also if you have a little extra cash is it worth getting an aftermarket IM like skunk2 or obx. havent herd alot about people going aftermarket just trying to see if anyone has tryed?

Comment

There are no Skunk2 or OBX manifolds for the H23 or F22 (as far as I know)

But yes, the H23 manifold ONLY bolts up with no mods to the metal. Wiring for the IABs (on an F22A1 or F22A4) and some other minor things have to be done... but nothing that an amateur with a little patience and common sense couldn't figure out.

The H22 manifold is not the same as the H23 manifold, and it will not bolt up to the F22A head. The only part of the H22 manifold that will fit either the F22A6 manifold or H23 manifold is the plenum... That is identical to the H23's plenum.

Comment

Just wondering

Has anyone looked to see if the Euro R h22 manifold bolts up to the f22

I know you have to do some work to get it to fit on a non type r h22 so I was just wondering if by some magic phenomenon if it bolted to the F.

Just a thought.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

There are no Skunk2 or OBX manifolds for the H23 or F22 (as far as I know)
                            i seen some obx ones on ebay and on skunks web site i seen where they had (i guess started making them) ill call and find out on monday. thanks for the info on the stock IM deev there easer to find where im at.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghetto_CB7 View Post
                              Has anyone looked to see if the Euro R h22 manifold bolts up to the f22

I know you have to do some work to get it to fit on a non type r h22 so I was just wondering if by some magic phenomenon if it bolted to the F.

Just a thought.

I don't believe it does... but you have a good point. I won't say no until someone can confirm! (cpmike, where are you? )

Comment

intake manifold

If you want to make power for little money... hit up a junkyard, or www.car-part.com

Look for:

F22A4 header - $15 (90-91 Accord EX)
                                F22A6 camshaft - $25 (92-93 Accord EX)
                                F22A6 ECU - $25
                                H23A1 intake manifold and throttle body (from a Prelude SI, 92-96 I believe) - $45
                                F22A6 IAB "black box" (to be able to activate the secondary runners, the intake air bypass, in the H23 manifold) - no price listed... probably $10 or so.

The prices are from my local junkyard, which is average for most things.

Your stock F22A1 engine's horsepower rating is at 125. The F22A6 parts alone will bring you to 140. The A4 header should get you to 145 (the ONLY difference between the A1 and A4 is the tubular header on the A4... which is superior to both the A1 and A6, which both have cast manifolds) The H23 intake manifold and plenum should add another 5hp or more... no exact figures are set for that.

If you do the camshaft, which isn't a HUGE part, but it helps, you're going to want to replace all the gaskets and seals you come across... good preventative maintenance anyway! That'll be another few bucks... but not a whole lot.

Get a cheap short ram intake. Have a muffler shop slap a 2.25" system for you.

The stock Honda parts would run about $120. A cheap short ram can be had for $50 or less. Exhaust... depends where you go. I paid $450 for new piping, cat, and muffler. You can probably get away with keeping your stock cat. Find a cheapie muffler on ebay, maybe a used one. Pay for piping and labor only. $200 at most for everything, I'd say.

So... that's under $400, and you can gain a minimum of 30hp... that doesn't include the intake and exhaust gains.

These things have been said over and over again... but I figured I'd make a post stressing just how simple things were!

i wanted to know what do u need to install an h23 intake manifold into my 94 accord i need help... and what is that i have to modify so it can fit..

Comment

Working...
                                X