Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Paint??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paint??

Would you take your car to Maaco to get it painted?

Originally posted by CATunner
    Would you take your car to Maaco to get it painted?
    absolutely NOT!

Comment

Um, if you were on a budget I would. There are some on this site who have a Maaco paint job and it's held up for years. I think it's a bit of a gamble, some people have a good experience with Maaco and others don't.

If i ever got a car painted there I'd remove the headlights and taillights and most of the trim, or atleast mask it off myself. Maaco doesn't remove parts for paint unless you pay more money.

Comment

I have also heard they do little to no prep work such as sanding. But look at the price, they have to cut corners somewhere, right?
        Originally posted by 92dm
        I was actually just being a smart ass, and not really contributing to this at all.
        VOUCHES
        Bought from: cb95spd

Comment

New Paint ... MAACO

IMHO.. I would save the extra money and get a great quality paint job.. if you are just trying to going the extra cheap route.. then MAACO is your man.

Comment

maaco does real well paint jobs if u are looking for fresh paint on your car...but detailed paint jobs u dont get...any other body man who see's a maaco paint job can see the flaws...but it probably wont matter much to you, but dont get me wrong at times and depending on shop you may get a superb job done.....but plain and simple=You get what you pay for.

New & Improved 93 Accord EX Coupe

what makes a man a man?

Originally posted by ric3rboi23
            disrespect females, acquire currency.

Comment

Originally posted by Juice21
              maaco does real well paint jobs if u are looking for fresh paint on your car...but detailed paint jobs u dont get...any other body man who see's a maaco paint job can see the flaws...but it probably wont matter much to you, but dont get me wrong at times and depending on shop you may get a superb job done.....but plain and simple=You get what you pay for.

how much is a maaca paint job??

Comment

Originally posted by 1cb790
                how much is a maaca paint job??
                just for fresh paint i remeber about 250 bucs

New & Improved 93 Accord EX Coupe

what makes a man a man?

Originally posted by ric3rboi23
                disrespect females, acquire currency.

Comment

Do the prep work yourself and you should be set.
                  wat?

Comment

Bro... I would honestly paint my entire car myself before going to maaco... It is paint on a budget... You could honestly do just as good of a job yourself and save that much money...
                    Allison Stokke... Google her... Yeah

92 Accord Ex Sedan - Parting Out

H22 GT4088 CRX build coming soon

Comment

IMO, naaaaaa! I want a body shop to take off moulding, smooth everything out, paint door jambs, a good coat of primer, a few coats of paint (maybe 3) , and a serious clear coat (the whole shabang, no half steppin'). MAACO will ot do that. If they do, not body shop quality.
                      The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7
                        Do the prep work yourself and you should be set.
                        x2.

If you do the proper prep work and take it to Maaco with all the trim removed and masked, you get actually get a pretty decent paint job.
                        Originally posted by sweet91accord
                        if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

i'd rather rattle can a whole car myself than take it to Maaco. their clear coats are garbage. you're lucky if it comes back without too many runs in the paint. don't go to maaco.

Comment

it's like going to a chop shop to buy a new car.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamikaze_ITR
                              it's like going to a chop shop to buy a new car.
                              That's not exactly a fair comparison.

A better one would be "that's like taking a car to the stripping tank for a new paint job."

There...much better.
                              Originally posted by sweet91accord
                              if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X