Bad Water Pump Squeal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad Water Pump Squeal?

Hey Guys. I have this annoying high, squealing sound when the engine is under load... Would a bad water pump make that kind of noise?

Here's a video I took awhile ago, you can really hear it the best at the end. https://youtu.be/T42OCcIvhfI

I just replaced the belts (thanks to H311RA151N, Illinoiserik, and massospagetti) so it's not that...
    I can't seem to pinpoint exactly where the noise comes from, except for behind the engine?
    Last edited by GTRON; 10-24-2016, 10:56 PM.
    I'm faster then a prius

Also, no overheating issues, no leaking that I know of.

Engine video: https://youtu.be/mLdNTx4jLMo
    Last edited by GTRON; 10-24-2016, 10:09 PM.
    I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Sounds like a tight timing belt to me.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
        Sounds like a tight timing belt to me.
        Oh really? Huh. Sounds like I need to go ahead and replace it..
        I'm faster then a prius

Comment

How many miles are on the car? I agree timing belt but that doesn't sound like a too healthy F22A6 lol. Just watched the first video and heard it. What brand accessory belts did you go with? I had a problem with dayco in the past. Always use bando belts now. I'd say if it sounds the same exact way and you know how to do the timing belt I'd do it.
          Last edited by Kev1990; 10-26-2016, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kev1990 View Post
            How many miles are on the car? I agree timing belt but that doesn't sound like a too healthy F22A6 lol. Just watched the first video and heard it. What brand accessory belts did you go with? I had a problem with dayco in the past. Always use bando belts now. I'd say if it sounds the same exact way and you know how to do the timing belt I'd do it.
            It has 155k on it, and It's not running too well. It's an F22A1 btw. Randomly idles rough, and bogs down when going from a stop. And then sometimes it feels fine.
            I went with Goodyear gator belts.
            I have no idea how to do the timing belt procedure LOL
            I'm faster then a prius

Comment

You may want to check your engine block to see what engine you have. In the second video you posted it shows your engine has a separate ignition coil so I'm assuming it's a F22A6 lol because A1''s had internal coils.

Comment

92-93 had an external coil. Both the A1 and the A6.

If you're going to replace the timing belt, replace the water pump as well. If you're changing the water pump, replace the timing belt. Also replace the front main seal and the cam seal. You don't want to tear it apart twice. And if it has 155K and they have never been changed, change them! It is recommended every 90K.
                Originally posted by Junior Smurff
                Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Originally posted by 4GAccordH22 View Post
                  92-93 had an external coil. Both the A1 and the A6.

If you're going to replace the timing belt, replace the water pump as well. If you're changing the water pump, replace the timing belt. Also replace the front main seal and the cam seal. You don't want to tear it apart twice. And if it has 155K and they have never been changed, change them! It is recommended every 90K.
                  Yeah... Might be doing timing belt and water pump in the near future..

Main seal and cam seal? I have no idea what those are, I'm a total noob.

Also while I'm doing that, I'm planning on ditching the balancer belt.
                  I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Read up on the timing belt replacement. It's not a difficult job if you take your time and follow directions, but it IS a time consuming job as it requires nearly everything to come off of the front of the engine. You will also need a good impact wrench to remove the crank pulley. You can do it with a breaker bar and a long pipe for leverage, but an impact wrench makes it much easier.

The front main seal is the crank seal. Again, do your research and make sure you are comfortable with the procedures before you jump in. The only way to really learn is to do it! Get yourself a manual for the car (Chilton, Haynes or Helm. Helm with one of the other 2 would be ideal) and read the procedure well.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Originally posted by 4GAccordH22 View Post
                      Read up on the timing belt replacement. It's not a difficult job if you take your time and follow directions, but it IS a time consuming job as it requires nearly everything to come off of the front of the engine. You will also need a good impact wrench to remove the crank pulley. You can do it with a breaker bar and a long pipe for leverage, but an impact wrench makes it much easier.

The front main seal is the crank seal. Again, do your research and make sure you are comfortable with the procedures before you jump in. The only way to really learn is to do it! Get yourself a manual for the car (Chilton, Haynes or Helm. Helm with one of the other 2 would be ideal) and read the procedure well.
                      Cool. Any advice on taking off the balancer belt? I don't even know what it looks like, LOL.
                      I'm faster then a prius

Comment

You'll need a balance shaft eliminator kit to do it right. You can get them from KSTuned. Sure, you can just take off the belt and leave the shaft in place, but where's the fun in that?

The manuals I mentioned will show the balancer belt as well.

Comment

Working...
                        X