Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Got in a bet (results).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
    Don't. "But mom... just five more minutes!" I had a friend hit a deer doing about 65 a few nights back, and he was lucky enough to get away with very minimal damage to the car; he's always a very alert driver, too. Back when I was in South Dakota, same thing happened to my sister's friend, only she rolled the car a few times. Accidents happen. You're in Virginia, you've got local race tracks.
    ive got money for gas, but i dont have money to get out on the VIR just yet.

Comment

I need to research what it takes to get on my local courses. I have two professional road courses about an hour away...

Comment

A modified stang would eat our cars. Tbh, the only FWD car I would put money into to race would be either an integra or a crx, and both of them would be NA. Or a corolla, if I was racing my grandmas Ford Pinto.
        Originally posted by Quashish
        hahaha

noobs be like where to be buying hella flush yo?

Comment

I know my first 88 fox with just bolt ons with stock 3.08s would beat a gsr swaped eg at the track and that was a 88lx with a lincoln 5.0 converted to carb (Weak). Eg ran 9.7-9.6s in the 8th i've never seen a common full bolt on tuned H22a cb break 9.5s with a great driver in the 8th. That being said a 03 would murder my old 88 stock (A bullet raped me) and had not been at the track the gsr would of out ran me and it did one night after 110mph, but doubt that 88lx made 200whp.

Take it to the track get video footage, hear say/ bench racing ain't worth crap.
          Last edited by SOHC-FTW; 03-28-2013, 11:39 PM.

02 Crv
          02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
          92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
          Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            I need to research what it takes to get on my local courses. I have two professional road courses about an hour away...
            Same here, I'm hoping to try out a track day for the first time once I get some coilovers for my Acura, but it's a lot for the half hour I'd likely want to stay out there in my daily. High Plains Raceway by Denver charges $160 for a full day, $100 for a half day. I would imagine it's about the same anywhere, unless owners of big-name tracks charge more just because they can get away with it.

http://www.highplainsraceway.com/pdf...ation-Page.pdf

Accord Aero-R

Comment

$160 isn't obscene, as long as you get a fair amount of track time. Of course, a full day on the track will likely mean a few hundred dollars worth of tires, too!

Comment

WHAT ?! are you guys talking about a stock CB7 H22A Vs. stock early Mustang GT?

I have several videos in Norfolk VA of my CB7 H22A beating a Mustang GT.(All from a roll and it wasnt a molliwhop moment).

But i was on a GREAT tune with a H22 trans, fly-wheel, small weight reduction..etc. tiny little upgrades nothing to the motor though.
                Last edited by tutsuo; 03-29-2013, 11:19 AM.
                Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
                Originally posted by deevergote
                den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
                These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

Unless it's a typo, he said '04 Mustang GT. 260hp and 302 ft-lbs... in a car that weighs 300-400lbs more than a CB7.
                  It's not a rocket, but on paper it IS a faster car. It's capable of mid to low 14s in the quarter mile, depending on the driver. An H22 swapped CB7 is capable of high 14s at best with a good driver, without a few extra mods (or a freak engine... I've seen a few.)

Now, introduce some twisty roads and wet pavement (not good for the massive torque the mustang makes), and the playing field is evened a bit.

Keep in mind that a bad driver can make a fast car go slow. I've seen "fast" cars run shameful times on the drag strip because the drivers didn't know what they were doing.

Comment

Unless it's a typo, he said '04 Mustang GT. 260hp and 302 ft-lbs... in a car that weighs 300-400lbs more than a CB7.
                    It's not a rocket, but on paper it IS a faster car. It's capable of mid to low 14s in the quarter mile, depending on the driver. An H22 swapped CB7 is capable of high 14s at best with a good driver, without a few extra mods (or a freak engine... I've seen a few.)

Now, introduce some twisty roads and wet pavement (not good for the massive torque the mustang makes), and the playing field is evened a bit.

Keep in mind that a bad driver can make a fast car go slow. I've seen "fast" cars run shameful times on the drag strip because the drivers didn't know what they were doing.
                    Good point, ill have to find the videos and let you guys watch them.
                    Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
                    den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
                    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

If your ass can't get off the line you need to stay home roll racing's only purpose is for 500whp+ cars not 190whp. Even then it only proves topend nothing more, Tracks use them if you can't make up the difference in a 1/4 your to slow.

02 Crv
                      02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                      92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                      Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

I've taken an Evo and and STi from a roll in my CB7. Because AWD at speed is more of a drag than anything else!

Regardless... if it's not on a track, with a proper timer and finish line... it's not a race.

Comment

I've taken an Evo and and STi from a roll in my CB7. Because AWD at speed is more of a drag than anything else!

Regardless... if it's not on a track, with a proper timer and finish line... it's not a race.
                          That's true too not to mention the fact if the driver is up to par aswell

Comment

Also true. If you don't know your machine, you can't race.

Comment

I don't know just how much of a real world power difference there is between a GT and a Cobra, but I do know that my old built up h22 swapped civic would never stand a chance against my current cobra in a legit drag race, and the cobra is only running a few bolt ons and a tune. If it was a full on autox course then it maybe would though, at least with me driving. All that power with RWD gets scary around high speed tight turns, it feels like the whole car is just gonna come off the road.

Comment

Cobras at least have independent rear suspensions, so they stand some chance in turns. But yeah, even an H22 powered CB7 has little enough torque that it can power through most turns without sliding all over the place. A relatively low-powered older Mustang still has gobs of torque to break the wheels free and spin the car out if the driver isn't careful.

Everyone criticizes Honda for making "torqueless" cars... but low weight, low torque, high horsepower FWD cars have some serious potential.

Comment

Working...
                                X