CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner "Off Topic"

Old 03-29-2013, 08:36 AM   #21
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
$160 isn't obscene, as long as you get a fair amount of track time. Of course, a full day on the track will likely mean a few hundred dollars worth of tires, too!

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:14 AM   #22
tutsuo
CB7tuner Member

tutsuo tutsuo
WHAT ?! are you guys talking about a stock CB7 H22A Vs. stock early Mustang GT?

I have several videos in Norfolk VA of my CB7 H22A beating a Mustang GT.(All from a roll and it wasnt a molliwhop moment).

But i was on a GREAT tune with a H22 trans, fly-wheel, small weight reduction..etc. tiny little upgrades nothing to the motor though.
Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
Quote:
These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Last edited by tutsuo; 03-29-2013 at 10:19 AM.
tutsuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:29 AM   #23
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Unless it's a typo, he said '04 Mustang GT. 260hp and 302 ft-lbs... in a car that weighs 300-400lbs more than a CB7.
It's not a rocket, but on paper it IS a faster car. It's capable of mid to low 14s in the quarter mile, depending on the driver. An H22 swapped CB7 is capable of high 14s at best with a good driver, without a few extra mods (or a freak engine... I've seen a few.)

Now, introduce some twisty roads and wet pavement (not good for the massive torque the mustang makes), and the playing field is evened a bit.

Keep in mind that a bad driver can make a fast car go slow. I've seen "fast" cars run shameful times on the drag strip because the drivers didn't know what they were doing.

Old 03-29-2013, 11:32 AM   #24
tutsuo
CB7tuner Member

tutsuo tutsuo
Quote:
Unless it's a typo, he said '04 Mustang GT. 260hp and 302 ft-lbs... in a car that weighs 300-400lbs more than a CB7.
It's not a rocket, but on paper it IS a faster car. It's capable of mid to low 14s in the quarter mile, depending on the driver. An H22 swapped CB7 is capable of high 14s at best with a good driver, without a few extra mods (or a freak engine... I've seen a few.)

Now, introduce some twisty roads and wet pavement (not good for the massive torque the mustang makes), and the playing field is evened a bit.

Keep in mind that a bad driver can make a fast car go slow. I've seen "fast" cars run shameful times on the drag strip because the drivers didn't know what they were doing.
Good point, ill have to find the videos and let you guys watch them.
Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
Quote:
den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
Quote:
These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.
tutsuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:44 AM   #25
SOHC-FTW
CB7tuner Member

SOHC-FTW seems to have made some friends!
If your ass can't get off the line you need to stay home roll racing's only purpose is for 500whp+ cars not 190whp. Even then it only proves topend nothing more, Tracks use them if you can't make up the difference in a 1/4 your to slow.

02 Crv
02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.
SOHC-FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:00 PM   #26
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

I've taken an Evo and and STi from a roll in my CB7. Because AWD at speed is more of a drag than anything else!

Regardless... if it's not on a track, with a proper timer and finish line... it's not a race.

Old 03-29-2013, 01:11 PM   #27
h22sparkle
CB7tuner Member

h22sparkle may have said something they shouldn't have...
Quote:
I've taken an Evo and and STi from a roll in my CB7. Because AWD at speed is more of a drag than anything else!

Regardless... if it's not on a track, with a proper timer and finish line... it's not a race.
That's true too not to mention the fact if the driver is up to par aswell
h22sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:15 PM   #28
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

Also true. If you don't know your machine, you can't race.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:13 AM   #29
JMEngland88ta
Newcomer

JMEngland88ta is cool... so far.
I don't know just how much of a real world power difference there is between a GT and a Cobra, but I do know that my old built up h22 swapped civic would never stand a chance against my current cobra in a legit drag race, and the cobra is only running a few bolt ons and a tune. If it was a full on autox course then it maybe would though, at least with me driving. All that power with RWD gets scary around high speed tight turns, it feels like the whole car is just gonna come off the road.
JMEngland88ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #30
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

Cobras at least have independent rear suspensions, so they stand some chance in turns. But yeah, even an H22 powered CB7 has little enough torque that it can power through most turns without sliding all over the place. A relatively low-powered older Mustang still has gobs of torque to break the wheels free and spin the car out if the driver isn't careful.

Everyone criticizes Honda for making "torqueless" cars... but low weight, low torque, high horsepower FWD cars have some serious potential.

Tags
cb7 , honda , race , results , stang

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: