CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Appearance

Old 03-20-2013, 09:01 PM   #41
gamble_it
CB7tuner Member

gamble_it is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CB7 Coupe <3 View Post
Honestly what is the point of extending your pipes a foot past your bumber? I see it on alot of 240's .. i think it just screams rice.
I don't plan on doing it that far, and i don't want it shiny. No point really, i just like the look, and it's my car im gonna mod it how i want.
gamble_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:03 PM   #42
SOHC-FTW
CB7tuner Member

SOHC-FTW seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamble_it View Post
I don't plan on doing it that far, and i don't want it shiny. No point really, i just like the look, and it's my car im gonna mod it how i want.
Amen.

02 Crv
02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.
SOHC-FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:52 PM   #43
Accord1320
CB7tuner Member

Accord1320 seems to have made some friends! Accord1320 seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamble_it View Post
I have an f22a4 header and downpipe, needs a new flex pipe, then my plan in to run 2.25 into a 29" 2.5 glasspack, then blast pipes out the end.

i want to it be like that; maybe a little shorter. I hope it's not ridiculously loud lol
This definitely screams GIMME A FIXIT TICKET! I have a neighbor with a similar setup for his Datsun 510. (Dont know why cops cared so much for such an old car...) Ended up with two fixit tickets in one week as soon as he drove off the muffler shop. One for excessive noise and the other for "road distraction"... Be very careful and hope you dont have jerk po-pos in your town that are ticket-happy...

"There are only two types of people in this world... Those who run & win, and those who sit at the sidelines & watch the winners pass them by."

My YouTube Channel! - There's more videos here!
Check 'em out, hit LIKE, or even better, stay updated with more vids when you SUBSCRIBE, including vids of my JDM H23A swap!
Accord1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:33 PM   #44
totaldoughnut
CB7tuner Member

totaldoughnut is cool... so far.
[quote=gamble_it;3124647]I have an f22a4 header and downpipe, needs a new flex pipe, then my plan in to run 2.25 into a 29" 2.5 glasspack, then blast pipes out the end.

I have an a4 header and downpipe sitting in the garage for the last couple years. Plan to finally install the header whil eim working on the car again. Is there any differance between th a4 and a6 downpipes? Was just planning on installing the header onto my existing downpipe.
Thanks
Old 04-02-2013, 01:17 AM   #45
MustardCat
CB7tuner Member

MustardCat is cool... so far.
Anyone used a Dynomax VT muffler? It's got a valve in it that is closed at low rpm/throttle and opens at high rpm/throttle. So it's quiet cruising around and loud when you need the flow.

I used the version for 4.0+ liter engines, which keeps it closed longer on 4 cyls:
MustardCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:33 PM   #46
dayzielynn
CB7tuner Member

dayzielynn is cool... so far.
i have a 2 1/2 inch straight pipe to a 40 series flow master sound nice
dayzielynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:20 AM   #47
SOHC-FTW
CB7tuner Member

SOHC-FTW seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustardCat View Post
Anyone used a Dynomax VT muffler? It's got a valve in it that is closed at low rpm/throttle and opens at high rpm/throttle. So it's quiet cruising around and loud when you need the flow.

I used the version for 4.0+ liter engines, which keeps it closed longer on 4 cyls:
I'd like to hear how that setup sounds.

02 Crv
02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.
SOHC-FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:43 AM   #48
J_Hart
CB7tuner Member

J_Hart seems to have made some friends! J_Hart seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustardCat View Post

I ran an electronic cutout for a dump tube on my CG3 Accord for a while and loved it since I could go from almost silent to a hot cammed motor with lopey idle in about 3 seconds. I ran 2.5" pipe from the header collector to a "y". The cutout was connected off the straight portion of the y with a short turn down to the ground, while the other pipe ran to the stock piping and stock muffler.

With the press of a button, I could switch between 'stealth mode' and 'balls-just-dropped mode' . Always an option for those of you who like it loud or need a free-flowing exhaust, but want to be modest when necessary.
J_Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:39 PM   #49
CBBeno1
Newcomer

CBBeno1 is cool... so far.
MAGNA Flow. And its ss through out.
CBBeno1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
honda , muffler , noise , oval , recommend

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: